Time Magazine Person Of The Year 2023 : Taylor Swift by Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

• Thread starter Deleted member 141523
  • Start date
Nowadays it feels like we are all expected to like the same thing with people having very strong opinions about their dislikes. People that dislike Beyoncé's music like to tell anyone that can listen that she's talentless or an over paid stripper, for Taylor they consider her boring or untalented or successful because of her skin tone. I don't like Taylor's music at all but I also wouldn't call her untalented because her fanbase which cuts across ages and genres cant be wrong and blindly support someone without talent. I instead focus on her fashion and print mentions and avoid the music pages since it doesn't add or subtract when I say that she's a good musician or not. That said, the first cover is decent it does have a vintage feel like a vintage poster or stamp. The editorial has some nice pics too especially the first bnw and the one with the messy hair otherwise it mostly feels like a lackluster effort on the part of the crew, they were bent on showing her powerful woman stance and lost the creativity.

Taylor is the perfect Inez and Vinoodh girl, has that 70s beauty that both love. But thinking TIME isn't a fashion title, while put at this moment all the fashion elements from one, the set is not so pretty or mindblowing. She looks beautiful, though.

Time magazine may no longer be important or essential, but it is still a great magazine.
That makes absolutely no sense, and no one reads it, you included.

I’d argue no magazine is essential at this point in the internet age and few are important. But “Time” does maintain a fairly high readership - over a million. And it’s still printed 24x per year, which is something. And they can still make a splash from time to time. Including with this cover story, which has been all over the media, social and legacy.

Read by many =\= great, if you ask me. Otherwise AARP magazine would eat all the other magazines up in greatness x10, at least

That makes absolutely no sense, and no one reads it, you included.
Over a million of people still read the print edition of Time magazine, including myself. Their readership numbers prove this fact.

Last edited:
Yeah that shortened arm in the cat cover still irks me. And how is her hair so oily yet so damn thirsty looking at the same time?

Taylor reminds me a lot of Angela Lindvall, obviously without the same talent for posing for cameras... I thought the photos were terrible, but I never expect anything good from Inez & Vinoodh.
I expected Boring photography, with a lot of tackiness and cheapness, so I got it all! :-)))))))

I pray to God and to every Saint, every night for her to take a 5 year break at the end of 2024 (where people still expect 1 new album, 2 re-recordings and the end of her tour) Jesus Christ I beg, I'm tired.

^ if you’re sick of Taylor overexposure (I love her, but it’s admittedly been… a lot) why resurrect her months-dead Person of the Year thread? 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->