Tips on Overall Health and Beauty

I just read the article from that link and they must have drinking even more than 14 glasses a day.

Did everyone hear about the woman that drowned herself to death?

She drank 2 gallons at once (to win a Wii) and it poisoned her. The DJs laughed it off even when a nurse called the radio station to say it was a bad idea.

But I don't know of people who would drink that much water. The woman was probably trying to keep it down so she wouldn't lose, but any "normal" person would probably throw up.

I heard of that. It was a ridiculous and terrible idea for a contest and they should have made sure to be aware of what drinking that much can do to a person before doing a contest like that.

Salmon in moderation! We don't want anyone dying from a mercury overdose! :lol:

I heard that too much water is bad. The process of what water does in the kidneys is quite complicated but when your pee is MEGA clear -looks exactly like water- that's no bueno. It should have a slight yellow tint to it.

(Arrgh! I wish I could remember why it's bad.) :judge:

It might have something to do with the fact that certain vitamins are water soluble and therefore after the body absorbs what it needs the excess is flushed out in urine. So maybe if you urinate a lot, enough of the vitamins won't stay in your body? That's based on fact but is partially a guess.

^ You only relieve the pill form of vitamins not the kind found in food. =) (I'm pretty sure.) Because most of the time the pill forms just flush right through and don't do much. But the food has to digest and go through a process. Unlike other pills, I don't think the vitamin ones go into the blood stream, so they wouldn't have to go through the process. That's why vitamins in a pill form are easily just flushed through your body. That's why I'd rather just eat well.

Last edited by a moderator:
It says that high doses can do the opposite of what an anti oxidant does and too much vitamin E is bad anyway because since it's a fat soluble vitamin it stays in the body more than a water soluble vitamin would which makes toxicity from it more likely. Any nutrient taken in excess can be bad. When I was a baby I ended up turning yellow because my mother gave more a lot of carrot baby food since that's pretty much all I wanted to eat and she wanted to make sure I actually did eat something. The doctor had her give me green veggies to turn me back to normal. That was probably from too much vitamin A.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I heard you should wait a bit, because of the moisture. There's this brand called certain dri (if you already didn't know?) and it tells you to apply before going to bed. This blocks the pores from opening and causing sweat to come out. I do this all the time and could seriously sit in a sauna with a sweater on and have nothing come out =).

^ I know right? (about the cancer comment) that's why I refuse to drink the water in Jersey (I live right next to it) because my mom's cousin was 9 when her got cancer and I've heard of stories of kids getting cancer at a high rate in Jersey (if you've ever been near the shores there, the water smells so bad.) But I think like this, if you take care of yourself and keep active you'll be at a light risk for cancer. Not 100% but possibly. I mean people say they smoke because they will get cancer some how, well a friend of mine from high school had her b/f's friend get cancer at 22 from smoking, that's just too young and a good reason to quit =).

In speaking about cancer... The best way to shield from it is to:

a. eat healthfully (!!! so impoartant!)

and

b. work out

Another thing that may effect your risk is your attitude toward life, for example.

^ Exactly :smile:. A possitive outlook, on life, will do you good. Negative people tend to age faster I noticed because they are grumpy all the time and tend to just not care.

^Actually, all this doesn't help if you are genetically predisposed.
My Mom is the best example :(

I mean people say they smoke because they will get cancer some how, well a friend of mine from high school had her b/f's friend get cancer at 22 from smoking, that's just too young and a good reason to quit =).

It's also a good reason to avoid people who do smoke because passive smoking affects you much worse than actually smoking yourself. My friend already had a smoker's cough at 18/19 because her parents smoked so much.

That is what I have also been told by my doctor and when I drink 8 glasses a day it does look just like water. :unsure:

L0VE is right about it only being fatal when you drink a lot within an hour or so and don't go to the toilet. However, there has been a recent discovery that drinking too much daily can damage your kidneys (though most of these people seem to be drinking 12 glasses a day and up:(

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=378f85de-27de-4046-815e-293b772666e5
This is so true. I know, I've had a kidney removed, and the other one ain't doing too well. My kidney doc says that I should drink 1-1.5 litres a day as you actually get 1 litre of water from the food you eat. But it also depends on how much you sweat, I should drink more in the summer or when I work out.

I know, mine looks like water too...but only if I drink a lot of water within 4-5 hours. If you drink just a bit of water throughout the day, then it should be slightly yellow-ish. I tend to drink a lot of water around noon, and then not much for the rest of the day.

^ Do you mind me asking how much you drank?

^Actually, all this doesn't help if you are genetically predisposed.
My Mom is the best example :(

:flower::heart::flower: I'm so sorry to hear that! I have cancer on both sides, but don't live my life doing crazy things because I might get it, that's what I was trying to say :smile:. Even when you go through stuff, a possitive outlook will help you through better than a grumpy one.

^ Do you mind me asking how much you drank?
Before my kidney was removed? 1-1.5 litres pr day, but it had nothing to do with that :flower: I was born with a dysfunctional kidney.

:flower::heart::flower: I'm so sorry to hear that! I have cancer on both sides, but don't live my life doing crazy things because I might get it, that's what I was trying to say :smile:. Even when you go through stuff, a possitive outlook will help you through better than a grumpy one.
Oh, I was referring to Erin, not to you. I guess we posted at the same time :wink:
Definitely agree that a positive attitude is very helpful!

Salmon is known to relieve stress and have a calming effect :smile:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->