Tom Ford 'Café Rose' Fragrance 2023 : Rianne van Rompaey by Steven Klein

I thought this was an old campaign. she looks so different (and so retouched)

It’s very Tom Ford…I don’t know if I like Rianne for this.
The commercial is better than the print Ad. But Rianne cannot sell it for me.

Cafe Rose is a great fragrance tho. I wonder how different it is from it Private blend version.

that shot is terrible and the video is only a little bit better.
Steven Klein can do so much better.

It's all just so quintessential Tom Ford and oozing glamour that I cannot help but to be instantly attracted to this. The sight of Rianne van Rompaey is simply the icing on the cake... :heart:

There was a period in the 70s and 80s where, because of licensing deals, all sort of products with designer branding were churned out by factories and sold everywhere. They bore no relation to real luxury, and it took a while for companies to claw their way back to a place where their logos represented something worth spending money on.

While current factors may not be the same, it feels like living through the same sort of phase, brands slowly being devalued of what their names used to represent, substituted by something cheap and synthetic.

I can remember Gucci being in the doldrums, I saw the resurrection of the brand by Tom Ford, and now I'm watching the sun setting on his own name. It might have taken decades, but there's a sense of circling back to something you've seen before.

Is it inevitable that every brand will exhaust itself in the end? Is it only the lucky ones who find the right person to give them a new lease of life, after their founder is no longer in the picture?

I'm getting off the subject - if this repackaged version of Cafe Rose turns up at a nearby store, I'll give it a go - but it certainly won't be as a result of being convinced by the campaign.

wrong model, wrong outfit, wrong set design.
I never thought the sale of his company would spiral down Tom Ford as a brand so obvious.
It was done before the sale…
They used the same set as for the Spring RTW campaign.

‘I don’t think we will get visuals from the new era before the runway show in September.

And Tom is still an adviser until the end of the year.

I can see Tom do a Thierry Mugler and be somehow involved with the fragrance part of the business.

she looks obsessed.
everything about this is really dated.

I love Steven Klein for Tom Ford…Because I think his cinematic approach is necessary for a brand like that. But (in what my feels like a vendetta) I don’t think Carine’s vision still works. She can create new things with young talents but there’s no tension when you have Tom Ford, Carine Roitfeld and Steven Klein together. It’s impeccable in terms of production as it looks like money was spend but not interesting because it feels like we have seen it already.

So I hope this new era will also mean a rise of a new stylist to interpret the new Tom Ford

Rianne is one of the best models out there today, but Tom Ford isn't her cup of tea

Rianne is one of the best models out there today, but Tom Ford isn't her cup of tea
If you are one of the best model out there…No brand should be off limit…Even more Tom Ford that as a brand or a designer never really had obvious glamazon as part of his brand (except Candice years ago).

They edited her to kind of look like Anna Selezneva, who could have been perfect for this. The bottle itself and placement is so odd. Is that even her hand?

Must say, I really like the way the ribbing of the jersey looks here. Not the campaign's intention but sometimes I find Ford's beauty campaigns to highlight the clothing better than the actual RTW campaigns (that is if cloths are involved).

she looks obsessed.
everything about this is really dated.

And it’s a shame when it could have easily been effortlessly timeless instead of commercially dated.

The clip is not giving expensive nor smouldering cinematic production and mood. At this stage in their careers, I would have wished that Steven Klein and Carine confidently settled into Tony Scott and Milena Canonero of the fashion world, with Rianne as Catherine Deneuve in The Hunger. That’s the sort of bourgeois mood and blueblood attitude that suits Tom Ford. But I get it; they want so desperately to be down with the children, so this oozes… Tom-Ford-by-Tyra’s-ANTM version of his supreme 2003 Gucci A/W show with the falling rose petals. (What is it with that hideous color-palette of purples/pinks? Armani, a once reliable effortlessly expensive brand with the most golden color-palette, also is obsessed with that heinous color-palette. Is that what the children like?)

(…And I still get Rianne and Raquel mixed up. Especially with the big frizzy hair both sport now.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->