Tom Ford -finally- Speaks About Sluts!

ultramarine

chaos reigns
Reaction score
From Gawker...

"What's wrong with sluts? If sluttiness is what you like, what's wrong with that? Why do we think being a sl*t's bad? Sluttiness is just a lot of freedom?"
-Tom Ford

----------------------------
No comment! :shock: :lol:

Found more quotes on some other stuff at Towleroad.com
On boozing at Gucci:

"Five o'clock every day, man, it was cocktail hour. And those cocktails came out, trays of vodka tonics, and the whole staff would keep drinking till like nine, and we'd do that every day, every day. Because in a creative profession, sometimes loosening up is the best idea. Seriously."

On the fashion industry:

"It's like high school, too, by the way."

On his first gay experience:

"I'd just turned 18. His name's Ian Falconer. You might know him. He writes children's books."

On sleeping with men vs. women:

"I don't want to sleep with anything with thin wrists. I want to sleep with something strong and powerful. My equal. That could be a sort of match to the death. Where we're pitted against each other. It disturbs me that their wrists are thin. It disturbs me that they're willowy. That I could hurt them, that they're fragile. It makes me behave differently with them and give them latitude that I would not give to a man."

On sluts:

"If sluttiness is what you like, what's wrong with that? Why do we think being a sl*t's bad? Sluttiness is just a lot of freedom."

On hygiene:

"I like everybody with a touch of dirty. I mean, I'm not saying I want to go between someone's legs and find flies buzzing around there...It should be clean. But we've gotten silly about this."

On his forehead flaws:

"I have Botox right here and collagen right in my brow lines. I'm going to have some collagen put in there. It's probably because this part is all Botoxed, and so it's dead smooth. So I need to have that fixed. I noticed that the other day. Thanks for pointing it out."

Those are all from an article in GQ, you've got to read the whole thing for him to not sound so obnoxious.

imo...he's absurd... he's turning into karl...a caricature of himself...

yuck... ^_^ :yuk:

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 1 2004, 08:10 PM

[snapback]414367[/snapback]​

That's what I love about him :wub: And he speaks so slowly and listlessly in the interviews after his shows. It's like he just woke up from some strenuous activities... :innocent:

It's interesting what he says about women having little wrists and being willowy and fragile. He hangs around models and fashion people too much. He should come to my self-defense class and see some butch chicks. Then he might have to reconsider. :ninja: :boxer:

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 1 2004, 08:10 PM

[snapback]414367[/snapback]​

I agree. :sick: :yuk: Tom has some serious issues... :huh:

this is awful news.

On the fashion industry:

i can never get away can i?

Originally posted by wyatt.@Nov 1 2004, 08:22 PM
this is awful news.

On the fashion industry:

i can never get away can i?
[snapback]414380[/snapback]​
That was my reaction to that.....does it ever end???

Originally posted by Spike413@Nov 1 2004, 08:32 PM
That was my reaction to that.....does it ever end???
[snapback]414394[/snapback]​

I used to work at a 1500+ employees company ... believe me, it doesnt!
The gossip, the drama, the insecurities!

Originally posted by Spike413@Nov 1 2004, 05:06 PM
Those are all from an article in GQ, you've got to read the whole thing for him to not sound so obnoxious.
[snapback]414365[/snapback]​

I actually read the article yesterday, and I couldn't stop laughing, he was hitting on the guy that was interviewing him :lol:

Im actually starting to develop a mini crush on him :crush: :ninja:

Originally posted by ultramarine@Nov 1 2004, 07:20 PM
From Gawker...
-Tom Ford
----------------------------
No comment! :shock: :lol:
[snapback]414315[/snapback]​

Precisely! Though, I don't consider myself one... I don't prefer that word. :ninja:

Originally posted by Alejandro@Nov 1 2004, 08:41 PM
I actually read the article yesterday, and I couldn't stop laughing, he was hitting on the guy that was interviewing him :lol:

Im actually starting to develop a mini crush on him :crush: :ninja:
[snapback]414407[/snapback]​
Yeah, that was pretty funny!!!!

I actually really like his quote about sluts....I think that's just a really good way of looking at it, I think more poeple should, even if they don't call it sluttiness, the message is positive.

Originally posted by Acid@Nov 2 2004, 05:18 AM
karl actually has whit

Tom is just :sick:
[snapback]414706[/snapback]​

I agree. :ninja:

Originally posted by Spike413@Nov 1 2004, 09:06 PM
[snapback]414365[/snapback]​

which GQ is it
i guess he likes slutiness and that's why it's so evident inhis designs

I LOVE Tom Ford. He is very confident in himself, expresses himself freely, and is never ashamed of anything he did.........that man has balls!
He stands by everyhting he believes in, and that takes courage. It is funny though when he says he doen't like "thin wrists", maybe seeing them around (on models) for a long time, kinda got to him :P

Gucci Girl

I like Tom Ford, but I can see that many of the things he says usually "pass" when he´s talking live because he´s such a charmer...I mean, you end up liking his mischievousness and you get carried along.

But reading his words it´s a tad different.
You kinda see him a pathetic touch...I don´t know... it´s like you expect him to act in a cooler manner, to be above all the provocations you are exposed when you´re that famous, and that-in-the-spotlight

Irony is a spicy thing and it shows intelligence if used with care. Too-witty, too-ironic can be booooring and in the end you become predictable: you´re always the one to say the obnoxious thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->