Tom Ford -finally- Speaks About Sluts!

lemeray said:
... I think thats the whole interview??

GQ: WHAT HAS IT BEEN LIKE FOR YOU SINCE YOU LEFT GUCCI?

TF:It`s so sad for me. I went through a really tough sort of depression, which I think is normal. It was fourteen years of my live. And I knew it was coming, too. The last six months were insane-I was trying to have this amazing show and go out in as strong a way as I could. Now I think I will take a few weeks off- but not really, because I`m going to be working. I just feel like I need a little space.
[The waitress comes to take the drink order]
I shouldn`t while I`m being interviewed.

I SHOULDN`T WHILE I`M INTERVIEWING.

I am usually quite a lush. I love drinking. But I stopped drinking for vanity reasons. I put on some pounds, and I`m getting a little puffy. Gotta lose the ten pounds I gained.

YOU SHOULD HAVE A DRINK.

You`re the Devil. I`ll have a drink.

DID YOU DRINK A LOT AFTER YOU LEFT GUCCI?

I drank through the whole thing. Maybe I was a bad boss. I think I was a good boss. Five o`clock every day, man, it was cocktail hour. And those cocktails came out, trays of vodka tonics, and the whole stuff would keep drinking till like nine, and we`d do that every day, every day. Because in a creative profession, sometimes loosening up is the best idea. Seriously.
DID YOU NEED TO SEEA SHRINK AFTER GUCCI AND LOSING YOUR JOB?
I´ve never seen one. And I would love to. I may do that. I was always traveling so much and never had the time. The last few years, I inteded to-because I needed to, because so much was going on.

MY SUSPICION IS YOU`RE SURROUNDED BY PEOPLE WHO ALWAYS WANT TO TELL YOU WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR.

Not at all. I wish!
[laughs]
God. Richard Buckley [Ford`s companion of eighteen years]- I wish he`d tell me what I want to hear!

I THINK THE FASHION WORLD IN GENERAL IS A LITTLE JOYLESS.

It`s like high school, too, by the way.

COULD WE TALK ABOUT SEX?

Yes, please. You go for it.

YOU BROUGHT SEX INTO THE MAINSTREAN.

Maybe. It`s funny, I think people make more of sex and my sexuality and my views on sex than I do. I`m kind of just myself. Meaning that I`ve always been quite cool about sex, and comfortable talking about sex, and comfortable having sex, and comfortable with my sexuality. And comfortable with kind of anything anybody wants to do. And that`s a big part of it. I think sex is one of the nice things in life. I don`t know why everybody makes a big deal about it. I find violence much more offensive that sex.

HOW OLD WERE YOU WHEN YOU LOST YOUR VIRGINITY?

I was 14.

WHAT WAS HER NAME?

Bari

WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER?

Her t*ts. We were sitting in my gradnmother`s house on this mountain in Santa Fe, and she unbuttoned her shirt and they just spilled out .
(laughs]
I was 14, she was 15. But she`d been having sex since she was 13. So she just decided she was going to sleep with me, and she liked me, and that was that.,

AND HOW OLD WERE YOU WHEN YOU FIRST SLEPT WITH A GUY?

I`d just turned 18. His name`s Ian Falconer. You might know him. He writes children`s books.

THE GUY WHO WRITES THE OLIVIA THE PIG BOOKS?

Yeah. We`re still best friends. Have you ever slept with a guy?

NO

Every man should be f*cked at some point in his life. You shouldn`t force yourself to do it. But it`s really not that different than having a massage.

I`M TOO REPRESSED.

That`s silly. Everyone should try it. It doesn`t feel that much different. It`s skin. You should do it with someone you like. Do it with a friend who you think is great. It`s very easy. It`s normal. You`ve never kissed a guy?

ONLY ON THE CHEEK...PEOPLE MUST THROW THEMSELVES AT YOU ALL THE TIME.

No one throws themselves at me, ever. People are either afraid of meor know that I`m married.

YOU´RE SAYING NO ONE EVER PROPOSITIONS YOU OR GRABS YOUR THIGH?

Maybe it`s just that no one I particularly like does. I can`t go to bars. I mean, I couldn`t go out to a homo club even i wanted to. the fact is, I`ve become more and more a sex symbol, but It`s like it`s been less and less sex.

WHERE DOES THE IMAGE OF TOM FORD SEPERATE FROM THE REALITY OF TOM FORD? IS WHAT I SEE WHAT I GET?

You don`t believe me?

YOU SEEM ENTIRELY FABRICATED. I THINK IT´S ALL ARTIFICE WITH YOU. LIKE, I WONDER WHAT IS THE TRUE TOM FORD. I WONDER IF EVEN YOU KNOW WHO IT IS, OR REMEMBER.

There are many things in me that are real and true to who I am, who I always have been. I`m sweet. [laughs] I´m romantic. I like to be silly. I´m very silly.

IF I HAVE FIVE WORDS TO DESCRIBE TOM FORD, SILLY WOULDN´T BE ONE.

Oh, I like to just have fun and be silly and say pretty much whatever comes into my mind, do pretty much whatever I want. Maybe my image is different, because I am very controlling in my image . I mean, you`ll never see a picture of me necessarily being silly, but...

I THINK YOU`RE A CONTROL FREAK.

In terms of my image, absolutely I`m a control freak. For instance, I´m not as tall as people think.

NO, YOU´RE NOT.

I wear high heels. [laughs] Like these that I have on. They`re stupid; I need to get rid of them. But I did these like two ore three seasons ago, and I started wearing them, and then every time I change into another pair of shoes, I feel sort of less strong. You`re not staying here at the hotel, are you?

NO, I´M NOT.

Too bad. You`re adorable!

OH, NO.,

Look at your ankles. Quite cute. And your neck-so nice...We should go have drinks.

THE WHOLE SEDUCTION THING YOU´RE DOING NOW, I KNOW WHAT YOU´RE DOING. I´VE HEARD ABOUT YOU.

See, you`re kind of turning red. It´s cute!

WELL, YOU KNOW WHAT, I...

You want us to get a room?

NO.

I´ll go get a room.
NO!

We can do the rest of the interview naked.

I CAN´T DO THAT.

Too bad we didn`t do the interview at my house. My house is so seductive.

I´M SURE IT IS.

So you`ve never slept with a man?

I TOLD YOU, NO.

I think we`d have nice sex. I don`t know why guys get all flipped-out by this. There`s nothing like sex with a man. Strong arms...

I LIKE THIN WRISTS, A LONG NECK...

That`s probably the difference between straight and gay right there. I don`t want to sleep with anything with thin wrists. I want to sleep with something strong and powerful. My equal. That could be a sort of match to the death. Where we`re pitted against each other. It disturbs me that their wrists are thin. It disturbs me that they`re willowy. That I could hurt them, that they`re fragile. It makes me behave differently with them and give them latitude that I would not give to a man.

I THINK I´M MORE COMFORTABLE WITH WOMAN THAN MEN, IN MY FRIENDSHIPS. I MEAN, I´M NOT A GUY´S GUY.

I am. I like the company of men. I like to go out and get drunk and talk about p*ssy. I´m quite sporty for a ***. I like to play tennis and swim, play golf and skiand ride, and you know, I´m sort of...I like men!

THAT´S BECAUSE YOU´RE GAY!

Yeah. But a lot of gay men have only woman friends. They like to f*ck men, but they want to, like, talk about drapes. And I can talk about drapes, but I actually like men. I think gay men are the most masculine of all men. Because not only are you attracted to that, but you als are that. Your life is completely masculine.

LET´S TALK ABOUT WOMAN FOR A SECOND. AND WHAT I CALL THE SKANKIFICATION OF THE CULTURE.

What does that mean? Define "skankification".

THERE´S NO LINE BETWEEN SEXY AND sl*tty ANYMORE, AND YOU KIND OF ERASED IT.

What`s wrong with sluts? Why do we think being a slu`s bad? Sluttiness is just a lot of freedom.

I DIDN´T SAY IT´S BAD.

To some people sluttiness is sexiness. For some people, sexiness is a librarian, or a schoolgirl. In pleated skirts and field-hockey pads. I happen to find hair under people`s arms and hair on people`s legs sexy, but then, of course, I´m a homosexual. So I don`t know. I a way, we`ve desexed woman. We´ve demystified them. We`ve stripped away their natural state. We´re sort of reviled by weight-we´ve set an almost unattainable goal. But I´m guilty of this, I´m part of it. We´ve dehumanized them. They`re so clean and scrubbed and polished and lacquered, and they become objects and things, or I guess they always were.

BUT YOU SAID YOU LIKED WOMEN WITH ATOUCH OF DIRTINESS.

I like everybody with a touch of dirty. I mean, I´m not saying I want to go between someone`s legs and find flies buzzing around there...It should be clean. But we`ve gotten silly about this. There`s nothing worse than kissing somebody, or hugging somebody, or going under their arm and smelling deodorant and like Lifebuoy soap. The semll of a body is a great thing.

ARE YOU AFRAID FOR WHAT COMES NEXT? I MEAN, YOU COULD FAIL.

Yeah. It`s not like people haven`t had their knives out for me for the last ten years. And it`s a constant. It´s true, I might fail. But I´d be more upset if I didn`t try anything.

WHAT ARE YOU CURSED WITH?

I´m cursed with the pursuit of a kind of perfection that doesn`t exist and is unnatural. And it ofne ruins moments that should just be nice. And I´m working on it. In the fashion industry, by the nature of it, we`re always living in tomorrow. Because you`re not thinking what`s in style now but in eighteen months. And my life is always about that: "I´m not happy today, but I´ll be happy tomorrow. My house is not finished today, but it will be finished tomorrow. When it`s finished tomorrow, I´m going to be happy." And then today just goes away.

I THINK I LIVE TOO MUCH IN THE PAST.

Who cares about the past? It`s finished! Today, the future, but the past? You can live in that when you`re in the eighties. I never live in the past. Other than my looks. I look at pictures all the time and I say, "I wish my eyes were still like that" and "God, I wish I still had all that hair". And "I wish my asswere still like that." God, I remember when I could flip around onto my stomach naked in front of anybody.

YOU´RE VAIN.

Totally, completely, absolutely vain. You think I´m a ***hole. I´m sorry. You have sex hands.

STOP IT!

You´re probably seeing a side of me that has been-

THAT´s OKAY. THAT´S ALL RIGHT.

Any more questions you want to ask me? And then can we turn that off?

IS THAT A SCAR THERE ON YOUR FOREHEAD?

No, but I need to have taht filled with collagen. I have Botox right here and collagen right in my brow lines. I´m going to have some collagen put in there. It´s probably because this part is all Botoxed, and so it`s dead smooth. So I need to have that fixed. I noticed that the other day. Thanks for pointing it out.

I WASN´T POINTING IT OUT.

That`s okay. I don´t mind looking 42. I just want to look like a good 42. I don`t want to look younger, I don`t care. But yeah, I need to have that fixed.

I WOULDN´T.

Then I need to accentuate it more. Maybe I´ll go home and get the razor and cut it. Turn the tape recorder off. You´ve had enough interview.

- Outtakes from the Interview -

WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED ABOUT WOMAN IN THE PAST TEN YEARS?

They all want to look thin. No gil wants to be fat....I learned how to cut a dress.

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A PSYCHIC?

Yes.

DO YOU BELIEVE IN THAT?

No, but I went to see a psychic in New York in 1993 because I was trying to figure out what the hellto do, whether to stay at Gucci or whether to leave Gucci. I went, and she said, "Leave Gucci. Nothing will ever happen to you at Gucci. Get out." And I haven`t been back to a psychic since.

WHAT WAS HARDER? FORTY OR THIRTY-NINE?

Fourty was rough. I didn`t think forty was going to affect me, but it really did. It wasn`t because I wasn`t happy with where I was, but I realized, "Wow, forty years have gone by, and maybe I only have this muchtime left, and am I spending every day in a way that I´m enjoying my life?"

DID YOU HAVE A PARTY?

No, I was in London, working on the next collection. I was really depressed, and it sort of lasted amlmost a year.

DO YOU REMEMBER THE FIRST MOVIE YOU SAW?

It was probably "The Wizard of Oz". When I was a little kid.

WHAT ABOUT IN A THEATER?

I an theater? Probably "The Sound of Music". When I was 5. "The Sond of Music" is not one of my favorite movies, but "The Wizard of Oz" is a genius movie.

ARE THERE OTHER FILMS THAT RESONATE WITH YOU?

I could say "Women in Love" had a great impact on me- the wrestling scene in front of the fire with Alan Bates. I was probably 7 or 8; I don`t know what I was doing at that movie. But I remember sitting next to my mother in the theater, very unconfortable. I didn`t quite know what was happening, but I knew I was seeing something.
I am sure the Link to the Interview was
http://us.gq.com/plus/general/041026plco_02?page=8
but the Link don`t work anymore?
KratzamKopfundFragezeichen.gif

That is not the Whole Interview, too.
In the "GQ" there are more questions ....

Does anyone have a picture of adorable Michael Hainey with the sexy hands and the nice neck???? :P

i adore tom, i think hes incredibly sexy regardless of his sexual preference, i have a HUGE crush on him!! :heart:

Thanks for posting that interview. Loved reading it, and actually thought Tom Ford was incredibly funny in that article.

MariaAllegra said:
GQ: . You`re not staying here at the hotel, are you?

NO, I´M NOT.

Too bad. You`re adorable!

OH, NO.,

Look at your ankles. Quite cute. And your neck-so nice...We should go have drinks.

THE WHOLE SEDUCTION THING YOU´RE DOING NOW, I KNOW WHAT YOU´RE DOING. I´VE HEARD ABOUT YOU.

See, you`re kind of turning red. It´s cute!

WELL, YOU KNOW WHAT, I...

You want us to get a room?

NO.

I´ll go get a room.
NO!

We can do the rest of the interview naked.

I CAN´T DO THAT.

Too bad we didn`t do the interview at my house. My house is so seductive.

I´M SURE IT IS.

So you`ve never slept with a man?

I TOLD YOU, NO.

I think we`d have nice sex. I don`t know why guys get all flipped-out by this. There`s nothing like sex with a man. Strong arms...

You think I´m a ***hole. I´m sorry. You have sex hands.

STOP IT!

You´re probably seeing a side of me that has been-

THAT´s OKAY. THAT´S ALL RIGHT.

:P

it is funny the way he seduced him:lol: lol

*attempted* to seduce him ... :P :wink:

I am still stuck on the massage comment ... I can think of 3 possibilities ... 1) Tom is getting way better massages than me 2) He's not doing it right 3) He's full of sh*t ... you make the call ... ^_^

Or, he's been secretly sneering for the entire interview. i get the feeling that he might have been.

juice major said:
Can someone tell me who this guy is?

:heart:
This is US GQ deputy Editor (and the man who conducted Tom Ford interview).
PS: Is that a bearded Kate Moss on your avatar?:huh: :lol:

Loved him before and am IN LOVE with him now.
*pitter patter* (goes my obnoxious american heart)

Harumi said:
This is US GQ deputy Editor (and the man who conducted Tom Ford interview).
PS: Is that a bearded Kate Moss on your avatar?:huh: :lol:

Thanx and yes it is Kate on the cover of V mag. I got Madge now!
happy.gif

:heart:

He is one of my favorite designers. I love his work and how he made himself into a product, a product you could trust.And while other designers walked down the runway looking like S**t, Tom always looked very hot and professional:buzz: ,you just wanted more . But my favorite thing about him is that he always says what he wants and thinks. And the GQ article is a good example of that. i thougt it was really funny, the way he tried to seduce him + i loved the quotes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->