Tom Ford Hate

errrr..........

trean said:
:shock: Not Tom Ford!!!!
I love his designs and him too :innocent: :lol:

:wacko: :brows:
fordtom.JPG
is tom trying to promote dogs fur as trend.....:unsure: .........well i do like him and his designs too...no offence!:ninja:

Tom Ford is the most important & significant Designer of the last 10 years!

Yes, he also "failed" (because he is human) but no other Designer delivered such BRILLIANCE & QUALITY over such a long time!

Tom defined looks, Trends & to a certain extend he also defined sex & gender-roles. One must wear the clothes to understand that!

I pray that he returns to Fashion (my god if he had his own brand I swear I`d buy NOWHERE ELSE!!!) - BECAUSE I TRUST HIS GENIOUS BLINDLY!

Important for doing what? He didn't change fashion, he just came up with a successful look.

Spacemiu said:
Important for doing what? He didn't change fashion, he just came up with a successful look.

quite the contrary, he's part of the reason that we even talk about wearing old labels with such flare. without him,gucci would just be those old blue logoed bags poor people carry on city buses.

mikeijames said:
quite the contrary, he's part of the reason that we even talk about wearing old labels with such flare. without him,gucci would just be those old blue logoed bags poor people carry on city buses.

Thats hype more than any thing

Spacemiu said:

For making Gucci AND YSL hot, young & desireable brands again!!!

He didn`t just come up with a successful look - he kept it up & perfectionized it for over 10 years!!!! :flower:

mikeijames said:
hype is part and parcel of fashion.

Fashion is fashion, not hype, hype is a part of marketing, wich is a part of the industry.

For making Gucci AND YSL hot, young & desireable brands again!!!

I fail to see how making some thing 'hot and desirable' makes him the msot important designer of the past 10 years.

because he was the first, or at least one of the first to create a formula that many followed, if it wasnt for Gucci's reinvention I bet Louis Vuitton wouldn't have been reborn in such a succesful way (some would be grateful for that) or the revival of Chanel accessories for example. Gucci was the first old-new house to commercialize/democratize the luxury business. 15 years ago the fashion (luxury) industry wasn't booming as it is now and Gucci sort of brought the glamour and decadence back.

Tf

LOVE tom & his eye & mind & aesthetic.

LOVE what he did to bring gucci back to top luxe label division. you dont know what a turn-around the man brought, its stunning.

LOVED most of his gucci vision & ideas. girls, boys, shoes, decor , ads, HAWT!

liked much of his YSL. an uphill battle but YSL got the TF eye within YSL historical parameters. a tough nugget but TF made it work.

saw TF in manhattan over xmas he's as hot a character as ever.

LOVE that he's doing business with D Desole again & cannot WAIT to see what sexy man TF has up his sleeve.
LOVE his taste & mind & his vision is SEXY.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I don't agree with half the things that are said about Gucci or Versace, for example, but I don't have to be rude and nasty about it. :ninja:

Last edited by a moderator:
LostInNJ said:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I don't agree with half the things that are said about Gucci or Versace, for example, but I don't have to be rude and nasty about it. :ninja:

I can say whatever I want to say! How dare these <edit> villify the most important and practical designer of the last decade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I *heart* Tom Ford. ha.
I read an interview with him in GQ and he was hilarious and (horny..he keep hitting on the guy interviewing....)....

"Every man should be f*cked atleast once in their life, it's feels like a massage" (or something like that)
-Tom Ford

Tom Ford was only good at doing what he was assigned for. He made Gucci become one of the most powerful luxury brand on earth. It was definetly overhyped (thanks to the "controversial" *cough* campaigns), his designs were decent but thanks to the marketing process AND the look of the clothes, it was all extremely marketable. The typical consumer will associate "the GG logo" to Gucci as well as all the "bling bling" (I feel horrible having to use such horrid terms).

Though if you take off all the hype, Gucci is NOTHING. It is even grosser right now that Tom Ford has left....... The designs of Gucci have always been classy and boring, nothing artsy. Not what I would call F-A-S-H-I-O-N.

yslrivegauche said:
I can say whatever I want to say! How dare these <edit> villify the most important and practical designer of the last decade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Excuse me, as people know I'm a Ford fan but you need to censor yourself and stop insulting people for stating their opinion. Important designer is YOUR opinion and if you expect everyone to agree with you and react that way when they don't you're going to find this community to be a very unfriendly place.

el lay

ModernLove7 said:
did yoou know that Tom Ford is going to be a movie producer?

well that was/is his stated post-gucci 'career description'....

but the latest is that he misses fashion desperately & that he is still working with/for domenico desole on a 'top secret' fashion project...

also word is he's been trying to develop a script/production for a film for 5 years already & when told it might be 5 more years til its on screen...tom suddenly missed the pace of his collections schedule!

lady grey said:
well that was/is his stated post-gucci 'career description'....

but the latest is that he misses fashion desperately & that he is still working with/for domenico desole on a 'top secret' fashion project...

also word is he's been trying to develop a script/production for a film for 5 years already & when told it might be 5 more years til its on screen...tom suddenly missed the pace of his collections schedule!

good for him because he has a lot of talents..

we all have our opinions....

here's mine... he saved Gucci from almost being bankcrupt...he did fabulous designs...he's sexy....and I love him!

plus I want him to come back to FASHION!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waffleninja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->