Toni Garrn

^ Perhaps her excitement is because the video is close to being released, not necessarily because it is being shot now???

"Soon you will see me not only in print" could imply that we have only seen her in print so far (this is true) but soon we will see a video as well (once it is edited), which the @ManagementArt tweet above would imply.

But then again, they did tweet "HOT HOT HOT", and I wouldn't describe that editorial as 'hot' (its to high fashion) so perhaps it's for something else like you say. He has been MIA as of late.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of those pictures were shot at New York City Library and Grand Central Station on the 12th/13th last month (I remember posting about it here).

i'm always somewhat confused when i get to know when exactely an ed was shot. it's often so close to the release date of the image, i always thought it took at least two months, if not three or more, from the actual shoot to the publication of the mag.
and then, when you think about it, there seem to be so many shoots she tweeted about (or at least hinted at) we somehow must have missed? (one day, when i have looots of time, i'll try to link every tweet about shootings with the corresponding outcome. :innocent:)

^ Some take longer than others, we don't miss them, its just about when they decide to print. For example, the one that came out a week or so ago (the shoot with Querelle and the dog) was shot way back in February, but this one was only just over a month ago. After they take the shots they only take a couple of weeks to do the story and photoshopping/editing, but they then wait for the best time to publish.

If you do put the corresponding tweets with the finished product (i.e. editorial) then you're a champion, I for one would be delighted. I'm intrigued to find out what she shot in Sweden a couple of months ado.... we'll see I guess.

^ WOW thank you sore.

Seems she is talking about a video to go with the Vogue Germany editorial you posted::
@womenmgmt @mat_cyruss @VOGUE_Germany @RealToniGarrn wait for the rest of the story and video!!! HOT HOT HOT

@ManagementArt

I don't think she meant that video or any other video of a shooting. There are already several videos of shootings she did. I think she meant something really new.
She wrote "Kinder" (Children) at the end of her tweet. So it could be something for kids. Like a guestappearance at the "Sesame Street" for example.

I don't think she meant that video or any other video of a shooting. There are already several videos of shootings she did. I think she meant something really new.
She wrote "Kinder" (Children) at the end of her tweet. So it could be something for kids. Like a guestappearance at the "Sesame Street" for example.

Good thinking. But if you look at Sore's translation (much better than Google Translate), I think she was calling her followers kids (take a look a few posts back). But if it is literally something for kids then this is going to be something completely out of left field and, now you've hypothesized it, I'm giddy with excitement.

Since she's been completely missing over the past few days (no tweets) it might be something she's been filming in Hamburg (or Germany in general) and has signed a non-disclosure contract. The short time frame between filming and release (soon apparently) would indicate its a regular show and not a one off (since regular shows require speedy production times).

None of this explains why it was Management Artists (@ManagementArt) that first mentioned it, and since they included @Vogue_Germany in their tweet about the video shortly after the cover was released, I'm still going with a Vogue Germany video (which is a shame since it won't be in English).

I hope your right though.

"Studio der Heimat" could also be taken literally because there is a big production company called "Studio Hamburg". A lot of German TV-series are shot there.

^ OMG, Thank you. Super excited now... need to calm down.

Her tweet also said today was "Exciting", so it can't be anything regular that she's done. I think you two are on to something...

Perhaps the @ManagementArt tweet and Toni's tweet are completely unrelated, and she's got a video for Vogue Germany and a TV appearance on the way...GIDDY!!!!!

This is interesting, @ManagementArt just replied to my tweet:

Untitled.jpg

Who is Alexi????. And the video they are talking about (if there even is another) is definately for Vogue Germany, judging by this.

^Alexi Lubomirski, photographer. Shot the Vogue cover, amongst other things. :wink:

^ I'm actually a little disappointed. Had my hopes built up for something on TV... lets hope Toni's tweet earlier today was something else "not in print".

as i said before, i doubt she meant the vogue video. the way she expressed it in german suggests that she means something she shot today, that is not the vogue video.
(if you need 'linguistic proof': there's a comma between the fact she worked today and the hint at something other than print. if she had meant two completely different thinks, she would have put a word like 'besides' (etc.) in between the to sentences and no comma.)

^ Yep. She was giving us a tip/hint as to what she did today, nothing to do with the Vogue Germany shoot. Hopefully, if it is on TV, someone in Germany will catch it and be able to post it.

The question mark is though, why did she even mention 'print' if it is on TV?? It can only be one or the other, unless it is a tv advert for commercial work (i.e. H&M etc.).

Good thinking. But if you look at Sore's translation (much better than Google Translate), I think she was calling her followers kids (take a look a few posts back).

Maybe, but maybe not. I don't remember that she did it before. And a second point is: She normally writes her tweets in english but not this one. Maybe it's because young german kids don't understand english.

Moderator Reminder: Please keep in mind that this is not a fan forum or place to obsess. When the work comes out, it will be discussed. Take further speculation about the nature of the video to personal PMs and profiles please.

HQs

Vogue Germany August 2012
Glory Days
Photographer: Alexi Lubomirski
Models: Toni Garrn & unknown male models
Fashion Editor: Christiane Arp
Hair: Ben Skervin
Make-Up: Tyron Machhausen
Manicure: Kelly B.
Propstyling: Mark Chandler

vogue.de via Mat Cyruss

^ First few are really nice (shame they're b&w), but the ones that are like framed cut-outs are terrible, really terrible.

Vogue Paris August 2012
"C'est Vogue"
ph : Andreas Sjödin
Model : Toni Garrn
St : Claire Dhelens
via loveispeachy from the vp thread

:clap: she's slowly becoming a vp favorite! can't wait!

as for the vg ed, i really dig it. why don't you like the framed pics, alexrbates?
i think she looks lovely, the styling is much better than on the cover and some of the shots could easily be my fav shots of her in a long time.

edit: andres sjödin is swedish i think, so maybe that's what she shot in stockholm?

Vogue Paris August 2012

via loveispeachy from the vp thread

:clap: she's slowly becoming a vp favorite! can't wait!

as for the vg ed, i really dig it. why don't you like the framed pics, alexrbates?
i think she looks lovely,
the styling is much better than on the cover and some of the shots could easily be my fav shots of her in a long time.

edit: andres sjödin is swedish i think, so maybe that's what she shot in stockholm?

No, no, no, no... please, my mistake, let me clarify: the pictures themselves are great, its the framing of them that I do not like. I just don't get it. And the styling of the frame itself is also out of whack, obviously the editorial was shot in NY and the backgrounds are of skyscrapers (built during the 'Glory Days')... but why do it??? Just seems completely unnecessary to me. After all, there are skyscrapers in some of the the actual shots so its not like the theme wasn't already obvious.

I think some of the shots are her best in a while, especially the second and third ones.

New VS (HOT:(

victoriassecret

WOW. Love the second and last shota, as well as both shots in red:heart:. Never knew Toni had a bum either :D(in the blue one).

Nice to see some behind the scenes snaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
battistaromolo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->