Toni Garrn

@RealToniGarrn:

This picture is a bit of a shot in the foot for Toni, love her to bits, but there is no need to be so overly, and blatantly, sexually provocative.

She doesn't need to sell herself on twitter this way.

She wrote she's doing pilates ... I've never done it, but this could be just a pilates pose :wink:

^are you joking? she's stretching for pilates..

Not joking at all. Why ask someone to take a picture of you, then do that particular stretch, and then post it on twitter??? A million stretches she could have done.

Just seems OTT to me.

She wrote she's doing pilates ... I've never done it, but this could be just a pilates pose

It is a Pilates pose. BUT it's also asking someone to take a picture of you "stretching", and then doing that particular "stretch".

Last edited by a moderator:
You are too funny:D Doesn't look provocative to me:smile: Most yoga and pilates poses look like this. If the picture would be taken from behind then maby it would be 'sexually provocative' - but this?! c'mon:smile:

what's wrong about the stretch? the legs? i don't get it.

i just wouldn't pose for a picture and put it up on twitter in general. although i'm a member here and in a couple of other forums, i would never ever expose my daily routines on twitter or on facebook. toni decided to be on twitter, and i think she's thoughtful about what to share and what not to share - and obviously we enjoy her tweets and would be more than dissappointed if she decided to stop tweeting.
but apart from this kind of self-exposure which is so common nowadays, there's absolutely nothing wrong with this pose in my opinion. i would never ever have thought about her being "sexually provocative" if you hadn't posted it.

This picture is a bit of a shot in the foot for Toni, love her to bits, but there is no need to be so overly, and blatantly, sexually provocative.

She doesn't need to sell herself on twitter this way.[/QUOTE]

^ Thanks for a good laugh, before going to bed!:lol:

Not joking at all. Why ask someone to take a picture of you, then do that particular stretch, and then post it on twitter??? A million stretches she could have done.

Just seems OTT to me.

It is a Pilates pose. BUT it's also asking someone to take a picture of you "stretching", and then doing that particular "stretch".

Wait. Where does it say she asked someone to take that photo of her? Someone could have just taken it of her. And there's nothing wrong with that photo or her wanting to share it.

Wait. Where does it say she asked someone to take that photo of her? Someone could have just taken it of her. And there's nothing wrong with that photo or her wanting to share it.

You know what, you're right. After someone took a picture of her bending over - when she just happend to be looking in their direction and smiling - she asked them if they would be kind enough to let her post it on twitter.

END OF SARCASM.

But seriously, looking back at what I said, even though I stand by it, perhaps the bit about "selling herself" was a little extreme.

My brother and his friend saw the picture and they said "got to love German girls", and that's what bought the whole provocation thing to my attention.

I think Toni would have to be the most naïve girl on the planet to not know what she was doing, it's not like she didn't know she was being pictured and was simply stretching away.

well to be honest, I didn't see anything wrong with Toni but I read some comments and I kinda of agree. Did she have to pose like that in that shirt

You know what, you're right. After someone took a picture of her bending over - when she just happend to be looking in their direction and smiling - she asked them if they would be kind enough to let her post it on twitter.

END OF SARCASM.

But seriously, looking back at what I said, even though I stand by it, perhaps the bit about "selling herself" was a little extreme.

My brother and his friend saw the picture and they said "got to love German girls", and that's what bought the whole provocation thing to my attention.

I think Toni would have to be the most naïve girl on the planet to not know what she was doing, it's not like she didn't know she was being pictured and was simply stretching away.

And in the middle of the pose someone could have called out her name, causing her to look up. And there is nothing wrong with the pose or the photo. We get it. You don't like it. But you weren't there you don't know what happened (for all we know she could hanging out with friends, having a good time) and there's nothing 'overly, and blatantly, sexually provocative' about it. Had the camera been from behind and she had her head turned around making one of those innocent faces with her hand over her mouth yeah that might be considered sexually provocative.

Alright guys, end of the sexual or not sexual debate and back on topic (Toni's work). Further discussion will be removed and may result in reminder/warning.

tommy_hilfiger5.jpg

fashiongonerouge via DariaDeva

here's one more from the hilfiger campaign, i don't think we've seen it before.

Right now though, I'm very happy that Toni is managing to straddle both fields of high fashion and commercial to her advantage.
She will always have a classically beautiful look, but can still manage to appeal to VS etc, because of her youthful, fresh appeal.

New VS:

victoriassecret

Love those boots. Red jeans not too shabby either.

Right now though, I'm very happy that Toni is managing to straddle both fields of high fashion and commercial to her advantage.
She will always have a classically beautiful look, but can still manage to appeal to VS etc, because of her youthful, fresh appeal.

true, i didn't think she would get so much editorial work after being anounced as new/future/possible vs angel.
then again, i have to say i've been really dissappointed with her runway appearances for the last few seasons. i don't know if it's a management decision to keep her low runway wise or if she just doesn't book anything, but i remember that she was in ny during fashion week last february and still did only a couple of shows. i just don't understand why she works her *** off all year through and takes it easy exactly then, of all times!

i love her on the catwalk and want her to make a huuuge comeback à la bette franke (even though she's getting loads of work atm, i know) - maybe in september? but i've been hoping for a huge comeback for the last three or four seasons now, so probably not.

true, i didn't think she would get so much editorial work after being anounced as new/future/possible vs angel.
then again, i have to say i've been really dissappointed with her runway appearances for the last few seasons. i don't know if it's a management decision to keep her low runway wise or if she just doesn't book anything, but i remember that she was in ny during fashion week last february and still did only a couple of shows. i just don't understand why she works her *** off all year through and takes it easy exactly then, of all times!

i love her on the catwalk and want her to make a huuuge comeback à la bette franke (even though she's getting loads of work atm, i know) - maybe in september? but i've been hoping for a huge comeback for the last three or four seasons now, so probably not.

The thing with Toni is that she exploded onto the scene and was everywhere all at once, so before she had even left school, she was all ready 'old news' (not strictly true I know but I cannot think of a better expression). I don't think this "huge comeback" will happen, she's said many times that she is now more selective with her schedule, and she's so well known she doesn't need to rush from one show to the other trying to get more exposure.

I love Toni in French Vogue. She has that timeless beauty that can't go wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbismarck1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->