Peter Hahn Fall 2012
More from here.

peterhahn.de

Tommy Hilfiger Fall 2012 (new images)

glamour.de

toniralph.jpg

Toni Garrn exits Ralph Lauren, New York, February 2012

modelsjam

she tweeted that she is excited for nyfw, and so am i! it's ridiculous how much i'm looking forward to seeing her on the runway again. and maybe it's wishful thinking, but i really hope her tweet means she's going to walk a few more new york shows than last season. (and milan and paris shows as well, obviously!)

German tabloid "In" has an interview with her this week. It's labeled as "beauty talk", there's not much news, but it's a nice quick read nevertheless.
Here's my (sometimes loose) translation:
(It's two pages, but except for two very small behind the scene shots from L'Oréal, there are no new pictures, so I didn't scan them.)

As a model, your hair is often being styled. What is your beauty routine for your hair?
When I'm not working, I try to touch my hair as little as possible, because it is constantly being styled every day. When many products are used at shoots, I always have to wash them out afterwards. Otherwise I only wash my hair every two or three days. If you believe it or not, my favorite shampoo, the one I've grown up with and the one we always used [at home], is exactly the yellow "Elvital" shampoo. It really is a funny coincidence that I'm in the ad campaign now!

Which was the first beauty tip you have ever been given by a professional make-up artist?
Don't brush your hair too much!

And by your mother?
Having grown up partly in Athens, my mum always forced us to apply sun protection face cream in the morning. I think this saved my skin!

Which products do you always carry in your purse?
Lip balm! Absolutely always, my lips are super dry.

How do you prepare for a job?
I go for a run if I can. I always feel better mentally after I've worked out. If not, I try to sleep a lot beforehand.

What do you do when you have a job in the morning, but the night before was way too short?
Mh, there's only one solution here: make-up. If I look really bad, maybe a facecloth with ice cold water.

What are your favorite make-up and hair looks during the day and for night outs?
I really love wearing open, unbrushed hair and mascara. For big events I'll maybe also go for a bit of eyeliner.

What is your favorite fragrance?
During the day I only wear deodorant, for evenings I love "Versense" by Versace or "Omnia" by Bulgari.

Do you have a model icon?
Oh yes, I do! I adore Christy Turlington!

How would you describe your own look?
Most of the time it's simple and a little cool. On vacation and in summer I can also be a little hippie sometimes. [as seen in the street style pics above... :D]

What is an absolute beauty 'no go' in your opinion?
I find it unnecessary to pluck your eyebrows too much. I love broad eyebrows, even though I almost don't have any eyebrows at all and even though mine are constantly being bleached.

You have amazing skin, how do you take care of it?
When being styled by make-up artists, I always look out for certain products to be used. Also, boring, but true: always remove your make-up, don't use too much make-up in private, don't smoke, don't drink too much alcohol and always drink a lot of water!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man she has the worst street style -- always, but especially in #159.
Looking great with Sean, they're believable as a couple.

Man she has the worst street style -- always, but especially in #159.

:lol:

I don't know what to think of the outfit in #159, I'm confused by the head mh ... thing, but somehow I think it quite suits her. Other than that I'm not a big fan of the dress and i absolutely hate the bag. It doesn't really go together, but I've seen worse from her.

I think her street style has evolved in the past year or so, I'm still not impressed by her street style pics (while I always adore Karmen Pedaru's, for example), but her style really is pretty simple (as she said herself in the interview I posted above), so nothing spectacular here, but most of the time it's okayish and I think it's slowly getting better.

Toni at FNO

Karlie Kloss and her model friends, including Jourdan Dunn and Toni Garrn, will be on hand tomorrow night at DKNY Soho serving up cookies, with proceeds benefiting hungry children around the world (through FEED). If cookies aren’t on your fashion week diet, not to worry—Kloss created this special recipe in collaboration with Momofuku Milk Bar and it’s model-approved. Before the crowds get a taste of them at FNO, Style.com has the recipe for Kloss’ “Perfect 10″ dark chocolate and almond oat cookies (dairy-free, gluten-free, and no sugar added), below. Start your ovens.
style.com

Here's the recipe in case anybody's interested:

The Perfect 10
Makes 8 large cookies

200g almond flour
100g gluten-free whole oats
1g baking soda
2g baking powder
2g kosher salt
0.5g xanthan gum
30g slivered almonds, lightly toasted
120g mini dark chocolate chips
80g olive oil
90g agave syrup

Heat the oven to 300 degrees F. In a stand mixer, with the paddle attachment, mix the dry ingredients together. Add the liquid ingredients and paddle until well combined. Scoop cookies firmly with an ice cream scoop onto a parchment-lined sheet pan. Flatten each mound of cookie dough fully with the palm of your hand. Bake cookies for 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Store in an airtight container or eat right away!
(same source)

sounds ... well, 'model-approved' to me.

Dress up of today: verushka!!

A2Hnm1WCUAA-t57.jpg:large

twitter.com/realtonigarrn

well, eeerm, i thought she could pull off basically every look, but this one looks wrong in so many ways. doesn't really look like verushka either.

Really? I think she looks pretty cool.

Glad she's in NYC, and hope she turns up some this week.

Had to share this one from her Twitter, on a shoot in Sardinia this week. What an utterly flawless, natural beauty, she is:
2l2p9v.jpg

twitter.com/realtonigarrn

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryperez
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->