TOPSHOP NYC Now Open!

hey i heard that it was open on the website the new blog, but i haven't been able to find the confirmation anywhere else. i guess i can go check it out for myself, but I'll be so dissapointed if it's not there.

so the site is up and running- since monday the 15th
but of course MAJORITY of the things i want are SOLD OUT!
*FYI...soldout on Monday*

But alas- Topshop's Soho flagship will probably open in November rather than October as it had originally planned

I work across the street from the new top shop location and teh excitement is INSANE!
i've been to topshop in London so i'm hoping the fashions are just as amazing!

source | FT.com

Topshop delays NY opening until Spring 2009

By Elizabeth Rigby

Published: September 17 2008 23:27

Sir Philip Green’s Topshop will not now be trading in New York this Christmas after the billionaire retailer was forced to postpone the opening of the flagship store having run into building difficulties.

But Sir Philip, who showcased the Topshop brand during New York fashion week this month, insisted that the delay until spring 2009 had nothing to do with the wider consumer downturn.

“This has nothing to with the UK,” said Sir Philip. “As people will see when we announce Topshop and Topman results, they will be the best results in their history. This has zero zip to do with anything other than the building – it has a hole through it.

“This is a major rebuild of a 150-year-old building. I tried to get it done for November, but I was trying to do it to get 30 days of trading, but in the end I decided there was too much risk and distraction.”

Topshop, which has a flagship store in Oxford Circus, has been a bright spot in Sir Philip’s Arcadia empire, which also includes the likes of Dorothy Perkins, Miss Selfridge and Evans.

However, the retailing entrepreneur, who also owns high street department store BHS, has been having a tough time in the UK market as cash-strapped consumers cut back on discretionary spend.

Sir Philip warned in April that the clothing market was becoming extremely difficult.

He said that BHS would see a fall in profits in the year to March 2008, having reported profits of £52.7m in 2007 – a big fall from the £114m the store delivered in 2005.

Sir Philip, whose retail chains are all privately owned, will release the figures for BHS and Arcadia at the end of October.

The retailer, who has spent “millions” developing his Broadway site, had originally planned to have opened two stores in New York by spring 2009.

Grr.. I had planned to go to NYC in November just for this.. and thanksgiving weekend of course.. but this was one of the reasons. oh well. :rolleyes::doh:

thanks for posting, MMA!.

what....NOOOOOO!!!!!!

i was actually holding out on shopping so i could splurge at this store.
:lol:

whatever, i should be spending money on clothing anyways.

but i'm still tempted about the online store
plus free shipping on first order
sound NOICE!B)

This is so annoying. They waited too long to open a store here, who knows if its going to be a better economy come spring.

i'm annoyed as well. 7 additional months seems a bit much!

who knows if its going to be a better economy come spring.

not bloody likely, regardless of who in control,
it is only going to get worse for a while.
that's how bad things are.

but yeah, I WANT TO SHOP!!!!

but...i....can't:(

I feel sorry for New Yorkers, you're missing out on a great shop! It'll be worth the wait!

^ I think we all realize that, a lot :D

But yeah, as Carrme said... Toronto please! I also hope they adjust and their pricing somehow, as others have mentioned. If Topshop/Topman wants to put themselves in the ranks of shops like H&M, they're going to have to.

there were rumours that they were going to adjust the prices. (something that costs 50 pounds would cost 50 bucks in the states)

but the problem is that americans would be effectively paying a double duty on the items.:angry:

the items are shipped from china (for example where they are made...then they would be shipped to the UK where a an import duty would be added...then they would be shipped to the USA where there would be another import duty added on...

sir phillip green had NO plans to open up an importation center in the USA.

MAYBE this delay will enable topshop to open up a warehouse where it would receive the garments from china etc.

but i have a feeling americans are going to be screwed price tag wise.

Free Topshop Giveaway Right Now

3/25/09 at 2:45 PM

20090325_topshoptruck_146x97.jpg
The truck!

Spotted at the corner of St. Marks Place near Third Avenue: A truck that says "Everybody Loves Topshop" with a woman giving away gift cards for up to $500. The store opens April 2 — one week from tomorrow — and this is possibly the best store-opening promotion ever. We're not sure how long it will last, but we suggest you put on your sneakers and start running.

nymag.com

---------------------------------------------
I'm so excited!!! Too bad I won't get to go up to NYC until May or June :( You New Yorkers are so lucky!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
that was yesterday. :doh:

but at least now i know when they are opening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
italop2
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->