Topshop to Go Global!

agreed, i went to a topshop store in madrid this month and the prices (partly due to the terrible exchange rate) were outrageously high.

i think topshop is definitely going to have to adjust their prices when they get here. or they'll be in for a rude awakening.

this should be interesting....
60-90,000 sq feet is huge....
that is what some of the h&m's look like here...

but i agree...
topshop prices are high compared to what americans are used to for 'trendy' shops...ie-zara, h&m...

i know it will do ok in ny..
but as the article mentions...that doesn't meant that it will do well elsewhere in the US market...

i know that reiss opened not too long ago..
i have to say that the prices are completely over the top for what it is...
*career clothing-competing with stores like banana republlic...
with dresses for $600 sometimes...:wacko:...

topshop isn't so bad- but it is definitely too high...
it's not going to work unless they can work that out better...

a reiss just opened on newbury street in boston. i went in expecting banana republic prices and was surprised.

i bet that the store will have to close. this doesnt bode well for the rest of the country either.

and yeah, americans wont pay out for fast fashion.

reiss IS overpriced... even in the UK , but this is the fault of the UK HIGHT STREET SHOPS phenomenon! they are everywhere ( chain like) but some expect customers to pay boutique like prices (see also karen millen.. very poor stuff)

however, TOPSHOP imo is a lifestyle. it is something else. it has a potential that noone else on the high street has not even in the US.

if prices stay the same as in the UK; id say it is the mot genius idea to go to the US

@ABY,

believe it or not COLLETTE in PARIS stocks TOPSHOP jeans and other bits and pieces.. check it out :wink:

Thanks Leyla m. :flower: that's very nice of you.

I actually went to Colette a few months ago, though it's not my favourite store, and could only find a few pieces and not the most interesting ones.
There used to be Topshop corners in some parisian department stores like the Galeries Lafayette with far more exciting stuff than what is in Colette, sadly.

Thanks to Eurostar, I take a day trip once in a while to visit Topshop on Oxford street. I do hope that one day a "real" store opens in Paris.

leyla m. said:
reiss IS overpriced... even in the UK , but this is the fault of the UK HIGHT STREET SHOPS phenomenon! they are everywhere ( chain like) but some expect customers to pay boutique like prices (see also karen millen.. very poor stuff)

however, TOPSHOP imo is a lifestyle. it is something else. it has a potential that noone else on the high street has not even in the US.

if prices stay the same as in the UK; id say it is the mot genius idea to go to the US

@ABY,

believe it or not COLLETTE in PARIS stocks TOPSHOP jeans and other bits and pieces.. check it out :wink:

I agree that Topshop is lifestyle, infact it's nearly a cult...you know those Topshop 'it' items that everyone and their grandma has, me personally I'm not a big Topshop fan I prefer H&M & Zara but I reckon when they go to the US they'll make the price parallel to how it is here (remember the pound is nearly 2-1 against the us dollar).

i can't believe topshop might be coming here. i was researching an article about the uk high street possibly taking over hong kong as zara was such a big hit and then h&m bought out the old lane crawford flagship space in central... and i spoke to the arcadia pr and they said no current plans! that was only about a few months ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
italop2
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->