Town & Country September 2024 : Katie Holmes by Ruven Afanador

KoV

Reaction score

townandcountrymag.com

this shoot has a feel to it like it was shot in 2008 for InStyle and went unpublished until now. Very "dated" but I sort of like it?

townandcountrymag.com

Last edited:
^ Katie, arriving on set: “I can't spend eternity here. It reeks of fish, and cat p!ss. What is this, knotty piiiiine?!”

A rare miss for T&C, which usually has fun, lively covers. This is terrible (and I can't stand the nose ring -- so not T&C).

From Elle China to...this

God, I don't understand everything about photography but tell how is this shot acceptable? The blurred face, the awkward facial expression. People are PAID to do this. It's crazy.

The hair does actually look interesting on her, I can see her fronting a 1960s themed Marc Jacobs campaign in it. She looks like a young Goldie Hawn. That said, this particular photoshoot is horrible. The colouring looks bizarre and the yellow masthead isnt helping. She also looks off in the shots, I only like the black and white where shes standing on a chair. The pose with the studio back ground and the brick wall would have been amazing with the right facial expression.

I like the black and white shots (she's a good choice for T&C I can actually see her Khaite-cashmere-bra avatar as a style icon to the kind of crowd who'd know about that magazine) but that cover's not great. Yes it's Town & Country, not a proper fashion magazine but still...

AHAHAAHAHAHAAH they can't be serious with this shot ahahaha goshhh
WHAT ATROCITY IS THAT ??? And I thought Winona's Bazaar cover was the lowest of the lowest but NOPE ahaha = here we areeeee ahahah has she been stung by 100 bees ?????

Let this sink in y'all = actual people thought THIS was good and decided to print this s**t.
I'm amazed ahahahaa

^ that's why I noted it's T&C, Harper's Bazaar's crimes against Winona still remain more tragic because it has claims to being a fashion magazine.

I mean… it’s Town & Country. What do people actually expect from this magazine? More of the revisionism on tFS, expecting magazines that aren't fashion/have a history of being tacky to be good... and deliver. :lol: On what planet are Elle China and Town & Country two comparable publications?

I'm baffled by her constant presence in magazines.

I don’t quite understand the hair (or the bad photography, but photography is a disaster across the board lately). It’s a wig, right? I wonder why they chose it. Is it a reference to something that I’m missing? Or just… a really, really bad wig? 😕

The photographs look very T&C. I do like the autumn fashions.

The editorial makes sense when you realize she's starring in the Broadway revival of Our Town. The vibe IS very "high school drama student has the lead in the school play," I just don't think they were going for this on purpose. She did some decent projects before she got with Tom Cruise, but oh well. That was like 20 years ago at this point. :shock:

Town & Country September 2024

"All the World's a Stage"
Photographer: Ruven Afanador
Stylist: Bernat Buscato
Hair: DJ Quintero
Makeup: Genevieve Herr
Manicure: Ada Yeung
Featuring: Katie Holmes

Town & Country Digital Edition

"What Are You Wearing?"
Photographer: Magdalena Kmiecik
Prop Stylist: Chelsea Maruskin
Fashion & Accessories Director: Dania Lucero Ortiz
Hair & Makeup: Claudia Lake
Manicure: Kayo Higuchi
Model: Milena Majewska

"The Surprise Guests"
Photographer: Hunter Abrams
Stylist: T&C Fashion Department
Hair: Walton Nunez
Makeup: J. Patrick
Featuring: Oscar Nñ, Nicky Hilton, Adam Rhodes, Susan Gutfreund, Jenny Dembrow, Mohammed Fayaz, Matthew Mazur, Markus Kelle, Christina Grajales, Clara Perlmutter, Guy Trebay, Aquaria, Lynn Yaeger, Beverly Nguyen, Michael Musto, Connie Fleming, Ruben Toledo, Angela Westwater, Justin Vivian Bond, Sarah Hoover, Quil Lemons, Candace Bushnell, Narcisco Rodriguez, Jack Powers, Anna Weyant, Ian Bradley, Alejandra Cicognani, Brooke Wise, Carole Radziwill, Dustin Pittman, Emilio Madrid, Jeauni Cassanova, Lizzie Tisch, Susanne Bartsch, Devonn Francis, Liana Satenstein, Mason Rudnick, Mickey Boardman, Beaujangless

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rob Watson
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->