Travel Guide : London

anyone heard of a clothing store called stone ...on upper street?...

thx :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Apr 20th, 2004 - 1:11 am

nope i havent yet. but UPPER ST/ ISLINGTON is becoming very hype!!
make sure to let us know once you visit the shop :wink:

i was in london last weekend and went to dinner at julie's on portland street...it was great! highly recommend. also, i grabbed a bite at wagamama's on kensington high st., the food was excellent and the prices were fantastic.

the weather was unreal...it was like a beach vacation....

theres not really much point in making a list of 'MUST SEE STORES' cause everything is pretty much as u can get anywhere

but.........you will LOVE topshop.......no matter what country you're from.....topshop will be a dream to u

sean...i can't wait to get to topshop!!!... :woot: :bounce: :clap:

:woot: TOPSHOP is amazing but i always leave with a stomach ache and a headache from overstimulation! :sick:
There is sooo much to look at and it's really exciting but by the end I'm on clothes/candy/music/Brit kids overload
Defintely eat and rest before you go because it's quite an experience :wacko:

:lol: ...thx terrima...i'll keep that in mind...hope my boyfriend can handle it.... :o :wink:

Originally posted by Terrima183@Apr 26th, 2004 - 9:12 pm
Defintely eat and rest before you go because it's quite an experience :wacko:
And if somehow you forget, you can always eat and rest there :innocent: :lol:

Originally posted by softgrey@Apr 20th, 2004 - 12:11 am

I think I have actually. You sure its on Upper Street?

found it on a website...not sure of much...thinking of renting a car for the weekend to cover more ground...?... :unsure:

where's birmingham...new selfidge's there that looks insane...like some sort of super cool space station...already thinking of extending my stay...shhh...don't tell my boyfriend... :unsure:

Originally posted by softgrey@Apr 27th, 2004 - 1:38 am
found it on a website...not sure of much...thinking of renting a car for the weekend to cover more ground...?... :unsure:

where's birmingham...new selfidge's there that looks insane...like some sort of super cool space station...already thinking of extending my stay...shhh...don't tell my boyfriend... :unsure:
if u got time also make sure to check out selfridges and harvey nics in manchester :heart:

o...
speakin as a semi londoner... and mancunian...

selfridges n harvey nichs in manchester... DO NOT COMPARE TO LONDON...in store stock wise...
although i prefer the smallness of things...
if u come from abroad... espec america.. i think bigger is better for u ...stick to london..

cannot comment on the birmingham store though ( wonna go there, but just so i can say i been someplace called bull ring, sounds so funny to me)

scott is good.. ( u sound like me, before i ever came to london, tell me u have a list of shops u want to visit... i did lol! people go sight seeing, i went shop seeing lol)

day one : funky/new

tube : oxford circus - top shop and h&m for cheap funky stuff
walk down towards liberty's and u come to
carnaby street: and newburgh st( runs parallel to carnaby) :
for some labelled funky stuff.. MUJI, miss sixty/energie, swear shoes, this beauty shop i forgot the name of, MAC, diesel, pepe, size? (trainer store), dispensary, savage lond, bond,
then go up towards soho ... and turn around n u have
marshall st: joie ( ladies love this shop), concrete ( VERY INTIMIDATING STORE STAFF), zoltar ( a must see store, is getting refurbished, it has a garden, a gallery, a p*rn toilet, a dollar bill covered changing room, and a dungeon, well worth checking out)
then go accross the road to
broadwick street: michiko koshino store , and pineal eye...
then agent provacteur
then walk up
old compton street: american retro (funky gifts, books, few random designers),
offspring trainer shop, viva la diva (underwear and some nice costume jewellry too), then carry on walking, when u get to mama mia, turn up the road to
KOKON TO ZAI... records, new designers, jewellry, accessories :wub: this place, dont forget to look up at the ceiling (painted by my friend liz neal)
then go down towards covent garden by bus or walkin,
here u find loads of random shops plus high street
must sees : urban outfitters, the mask shop (loads of beautiful venetian masks), sharei la mar, super lovers (japanese label), angels costume shop (the place where alexander mcqueen once worked!), jungle (if u like military stuff), cyberdog ( to scare the sh*t out of ur self), etc etc....

next day... designers!!!!!
tube: bond street... selfridges first
then go down
south molton street: browns, browns focus, browns sale shop, loads of shoe shops on this road, then u get to
bond street: loads of designers...
then u get to green park tube... take picadilly to knightsbridge:
harvey nichols, n designer shops on sloane street... get bus or taxi down road to sloane sq/kings road
kings road: steinberg n tolkien (vintage palace), loads of high street shops, ad hoc
(accessories), and if u have the energy n can do it... u can get to worlds end ( right at end of kings road) here is the place were the punk lifestyle was created, the location of vivienne westwoods shop... worlds end ( the place formerly known as let it rock, too fast to live too young to die, SEX, seditionaries, nostalgia of mud)

:heart: sedi...sounds so perfect!...have to fit in the tate modern and viv at the V&A as well...thank you so much for taking the time to do this... :flower: you are my unofficial tour guide... :woot:

i agree...first day...TOPSHOP!!!! :woot:

oo well if u have energy... n its late night on that particular day then
after u finish on day one in covent garden, eat some nice chinese food in china town, n hope on tube over to south kens to the v&a

the tate... not to much in love with modern art, so i will leave that to the people who know abt that, did have tea there once with my mum, n went to the shop as i was told it was a must go, wasnt worth it, although i did get my fashion people book, i :wub:

softgrey, if u ever need a london shop tour guide, my services are available, leyla has already said she is plannin a lickle trip....

umm really strange thing... i did not highlight n make london red in my post... and no1 has editted it... hmmn!

anyways
SOFTY.... i have found a website that cud prove useful...
especially if looking for a specific shop on a specific road but u dunno where to look... ( was lookin for the party shop on high st kens, myself n stumbled accross it this mornin)

http://www.streetsensation.co.uk/
i dont think it will have really obscure random streets... but any help is a help
xxx

I'm looking at the current Conde Nest Traveler. The prices at Sketch are just stupid expensive...

Originally posted by faust@Apr 27th, 2004 - 3:09 pm
I'm looking at the current Conde Nest Traveler. The prices at Sketch are just stupid expensive...
thats prolly why sean likes it so much
go there, meet rich man ... yada yada :ninja:

Originally posted by seditionary+Apr 28th, 2004 - 6:35 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seditionary @ Apr 28th, 2004 - 6:35 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-faust@Apr 27th, 2004 - 3:09 pm
thats prolly why sean likes it so much
go there, meet rich man ... yada yada :ninja: [/b][/quote]
:lol:

so...now that i'm back here are some highlights...

first day-topshop,,,so much stuff...whole floor of accessories when you walk in...tons to look at...great vintage stuff too...loads of adorable eighties clutches and bags...also vintage shoes...saw loads of cute fabric printed totes everywhere...made me feel good about my decision to make my printed marni tote my summer bag...i saw a lot of cool bags but very few 'designer' bags and no logos in sight...

loads of super stylish very cool looking girls...bad weather so lots of boots with pants tucked in...everyone looked very individual and had their own take on the look...unlike the US where everyone just gets uggs and seven jeans...the girls are very expressive with their wardrobe it seems...and the boys...loads of adorable stylish boys...they are obviously not homophobic as the straight boys seem to enjoy dressing up as much as the gay ones and have no qualms about looking 'dandy'...haha... :P ...great people watching here...

the basement floor did not interest me in the slightest...mostly silly unwearable junk...the men's stuff was pretty good...they had some stuff that was vintage with silk screened writing all over it that was cool..for example a vintage blazer with white writing...and a couple of buttons pinned on...similar to ioc and the rest of that group...didn't know topshop carries brand names and young designers along with their private label stuff...got my friend a t-shirt...pinned on some vivienne westwood buttons i got at the V&A...that and some chocolate bars will be his welcome home from the hospital pressie (he;s fiinally getting out after 10 long weeks...he's walking on his own now!!!
:woot: )

then we had drinks/dinner at a thai place...at least i think it was thai...called bam-bou...nice place... :flower:

to be continued... :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyofsecrets
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->