Travel Guide : New York City

I know this might sound weird but I was thinking about it today, how I wish someone had told me before going to NY... the sugar in US doesn´t sweeten like the sugar in Latin America or Europe. I usually drink expressos with two sugar packets, in USA I had to use up to 6 packets to get the same taste! the end result was the same but the calories a lot more. Weird, I know LOL but if I ever travel again to the States I´m bringing my own packets :smile:

I know this might sound weird but I was thinking about it today, how I wish someone had told me before going to NY... the sugar in US doesn´t sweeten like the sugar in Latin America or Europe. I usually drink expressos with two sugar packets, in USA I had to use up to 6 packets to get the same taste! the end result was the same but the calories a lot more. Weird, I know LOL but if I ever travel again to the States I´m bringing my own packets :smile:

Were you using regular granulated white sugar or the brown sugar crystals (demarara or as I often see it called, "sugar in the raw")? I find the later to be sweeter and if I'm not mistaken, it's less processed and probably better for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->