Travel Guide : New York City

I need help from some New Yorkers! I am moving to NYC in half a year, and I need help with apartment hunting. What are the best websites to look for affordable apartments? Which ones are most truthworthy? I've been looking through Craigslist, but honestly most of the stuff looks very shady. The photos of the apartments are always blurry and taken with a camera phone...

Also, is it hard to get an apartment around Greenwich Village? I've heard it's a fairly popular district. TIA!!

I´m thinking about going in the spring with 3 more people, can anyone suggest sites with furnished short-term apartment rentals? which part of Manhattan do you think it´s best for staying? a nice area but not too expensive...

TIA :smile:

I'm not really sure how helpful this might be, but a friend of mine used http://www.nyfurnishedapartments.com/ a while back when she moved to Florida. It gives you listings of furnished apartments based on your price range, location, dates, etc. Sorry in advance if it isn't very helpful.

This thread is definitely helpful to me.

I have been wanting to go to NYC for a long time and will be planning one for later this year, so I will be taking everything in and write things down.

Where do all the locals eat and shop, that is not normally known by tourists? To me, locals would know the best places to go to get away from the touristy areas.

i honestly use craigslist.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/sub/

it's how i found a sublet the first time i came to NYC
how i found my first apt, and what i'm using to mind a new flat.

where to stay.... Upper East, Upper West, Soho, Lower East, East Village, West Village.

suerte!

Do you guys know if there's a website selling cheap tickets for Broadway musicals ??

TIA. :flower:

I'm visiting NY in August/September, can anyone recommend a good Hotel to stay at? :flower:

I'm visiting NY in August/September, can anyone recommend a good Hotel to stay at? :flower:

Well I know of several, but what area are you looking to stay in and what's the maximum you'd pay?

Thanks for your reply :flower:

I'll be staying for 13 nights and it should not be more than 300 a night. I've looked through many hotels, but I'd just like to find an "insider" :D

I'm gonna be a little unorthodox and recommend the Best Western President Hotel. I love the location, the price is about what you seem to be looking for, and I love the clean but not really modern or minimalist way the rooms are decorated.

http://www.presidenthotelny.com/index.htm

i would sublet a place if i was you

i did that the first time i came to NYC, when i was deciding if i wanted to move here.

in UES for if i remember correctly 800 a week, right next to the MET.
kitchen and everything. vsmall, but nice and i had central park a block away. i loved it.

^what's 'UES'?
can someone tell me where I can find good flea markets in Manhattan (in aug-nov)? :flower:

I would love to sublet an apartment since I'm staying for a month in total but it's so hard to find one. It could cost up to 9000/month.

Does someone know where i could find one? I've seen a few on craigslist but it all seems so shady.. they want payment in advanced blablabla

Thanks for the Tip KINGofVERSAILLES :flower:
I'll check it out right now. But it's located near times square, right? I'm not really looking for a touristy hotel.. I'd prefer a quiet one, maybe upper east/west side near the park? Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arielmarison
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->