Travel Guide : New York City

can anyone tell me something about hoteltoshi.com? Cause if that was for real it would be a great deal.

what are the best areas to look for a room?
i can't find anything in the west village

what are the best areas to look for a room?
i can't find anything in the west village

girl im having trouble too! im supposed to be moving in 7 weeks but havent found a place yet! im looking for 1br or studio, enough room for 2 ppl, under 1800, in a fairly nice area at least. im beginning to think its impossible :(

It's so funny how practically zero New Yorkers come to this thread to help us out. :lol:

Any good vegan restaurants in the city? :flower: Manhattan preferably but Brooklyn will do too.

It's so funny how practically zero New Yorkers come to this thread to help us out. :lol:

Any good vegan restaurants in the city? :flower: Manhattan preferably but Brooklyn will do too.

NYC is one of the best places to eat Vegan--lots of choices in all neighborhoods but some of the most popular are:
Candle 79/Candle Cafe (UWS) is a higher-end veg restaurant, and delicious!
Pure Food & Wine is raw and organic--heard good things, but haven't been yet
Lula Sweet's for vegan ice cream and treats
Red Bamboo
Babycakes cupcakes
Angelica
Blossom
TeaNY
Viva Herbal Pizziera
supervegan.com is a great resource to look by area
There are also tons for Indian/Asian/Mediterranean restaurants with vegan options

Babycakes looks like a great place to eat! :woot: My friend is in the city right now, and I told her to pick me up a cupcake. ^_^ I hope they aren't crumbly. That's usually what you get what someone makes vegan baked anything. -_-:lol:

I'm off to New York in late January/ early February but I have no idea what to pack. Can any New Yorkers give me an idea of just how cold it will be?

Thanks CherryLicorice! :flower:

How many Trader Joe's are in Manhattan? Are there any in Brooklyn too?

Thanks New Yorkers for your help! B) Your city is awesome.

I'm off to New York in late January/ early February but I have no idea what to pack. Can any New Yorkers give me an idea of just how cold it will be?

usually those are our colder months.
with a snow storm or two, added in to make things fun. :lol:
expect low in the 20s, sometimes in the 10s and every now and then,
lower. max in the 40s and 30s.

about TJ's. there should be one in brooklyn. aroud court st, downtown brooklyn if i remember correctly. you can check their website to see which one is the closest to you.

Thanks for the help. ^_^

Generally, how much more expensive are things in NYC?

I remember buying cigarettes and they are doubled the price. :shock: Chipotle lunch was about $2.50 more as well.

Hey guys ! Thanks for this great thread !! It's so helpful , I'm from Tunisia and I'm goin' to spend one month in New York July 2011 I'm having an internship with a great modeling agency there ! and I'm sooooo exited about it !!! :D

Would New Yorkers say that generally everything they have ever needed they have been able to find in the city? I remember an episode of SATC where Miranda left a date because her date said he hadn't left the city in 7 years (?). :lol:

Anybody know of cheap hotels to stay at? :flower: I'd prefer not to stay in a hostel.

Anything helps! ^_^

i take it you mean neighborhoods.
because i never had nice neighbors in Brooklyn.

Brooklyn Heights

Dumbo

people seem to like Williamsburg, it is ok
east williamsburg, because west.....

basically the closer you are to the east river, the better.

^LOL yeah I meant neighbourhoods, been reading about the boroughs and got things mixed up :P

Thanks for the info, Dorien :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->