Trend Predictions for S/S 2011

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by Crying Diamonds, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Crying Diamonds

Crying Diamonds Geometric Discharge

I've seen just a few small trends that I think other designers may pick up on next season. Have you?

Ankle-length Skirts

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fendi, Aquascutum
    John Galliano

The Drop-Waist

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bottega Veneta
    John Galliano (same pic I know :rolleyes:)

style.com
    nowfashion.com

2. timemachinedream

timemachinedream New Member

i definitely think maxi skirts will be big for s/s 2011

3. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

me too, I think things might get a little 1997 in the upcoming seasons, probably (and hopefully) for a short time but I feel like longer, tighter silhouettes might come into the picture again.. esp. in the gothic-ish way Ann, Tisci and even Wang presented this season.

something a bit like this, but longer.. sorry for posting an ad, just can't think of a bigger example, it's been a while since the late 90s. :lol:
    [​IMG]
    [bwgreyscale]

the colors seem to be getting more raw, less brighter, and I think embroideries will be big but very subtle, not like we've been doing them in such a bohemian, countryside way..

psst. thanks for starting this, CD, it's been a while since we had a thread for predictions!

4. Crying Diamonds

^ It actually shocks me how much fashion and tastes have changed since the nineties.

I can see body-con definately staying popular (more money to Max Azria at Herve Leger), Lagerfeld said the silhouette is remaining the same right now (body conscious) and so innovation in fabrics is essential.

5. Fewormany

Fewormany Member

I think brown is slowly coming back. Not sure what I think about that..

6. CaitlinC

CaitlinC New Member

I love the dropped waisted coats.

The only type of long skirt I wear are the bohemian flowy types you see in the spring and summer. Other than that, I don't think maxi skirts will be for me. lol

7. ChrissyM

ChrissyM girl who fell to earth

i can definitely see the drop-waist sticking around for SS 11...
    maxi lengths too i guess...
    but probably we'll be seeing more skirts, like you mentioned CD...

the maxi dress has already picked up so much steam in the last couple years so I'm guessing that will stick around a bit longer

how "juniors" does that maybelline ad look now!
    i can definitely see a renaissance of those long, tight sort of column dresses...

8. Crying Diamonds

Just general longer skirts will be in I think, Yves Saint Laurent did a selection in calf-length and full-length. Don't you think the former looks unusual? I think it's because I think of it as an old-fashioned length.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This one calf-length skirt at Fendi looked especially old-fashioned to me with the yellow floral print.

[​IMG]

style.com

9. ChrissyM

ChrissyM girl who fell to earth

i think the calf length can be so tough to wear... hits right at the biggest part of the calf and if you don't have thin legs then you can look a bit "stumpy"
    and it's definitely a more "old fashioned" look but there's something i like about it

10. Crying Diamonds

A modern take with short drop-waist dresses at Miu Miu

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

nowfashion.com

11. Crying Diamonds

Marc Jacobs presented an entire collection of below-the-knee or calf-length skirts and dresses for Louis Vuitton.

[​IMG]

catwalking.com

12. Mathewthew

Mathewthew Active Member

I've got the information from premiere vision :
    It's a fabric show, so I think it's focus on fabrics and colour more the silhouttes or desigm

Spirit of the season:

-Undispersed, the seaon opens onto new horizons. It shuffles fashion periods like the cards of a deck, to structure solutions that are more natural, simpler and more accurate. It urges us to make choices that lead to an alternate present, to embrace the lightness of futility, the capital in dreams, the freshness of fanciful energy. It goes one step beyond to cultivate the pertinence of blends over pure compostions, advocating the inimitable and sowing the seeds of deep alliances between styles and genres. It accentuates dissonance, to bring out striaghtforward developments where the visible tends carefully to the invisible, where the tactile perfects the subtle. It nourishes surprise, conveys the positive side to risk and imagines a nature that is new, strange and marvellous, beneficial and futuristic. It sparks a taste for relaed elegance and confirms the creative power of weavers to create dense and fluid, lively and deliciously material silhouttes. A season like a powerful, substantial nad lightweight motot, to banish monotony and show itself in broad daylight.

I will try to upload the images of the rest which is the fancy / formal and talored / casualwear / technical trends.:flower:

13. TianSoFine

TianSoFine Active Member

I think SS11 will be a slightly "heavier" season, with the drop-waists and the darker colours that are slowly taking over the SS10 pastels.

14. CaitlinC

CaitlinC New Member

I'm loving that purple dropped waist dress.

I'd prefer the calf length to the ankle length.

Ankle length looks too frumpy.

15. Crimson C.C

Crimson C.C New Member

I think the trend predictions CD identified are already trends. Their appearances have been subtle up until now.

16. glammm x

glammm x New Member

Dropped waist dresses have been seen for a while now, it's hard to pull off if you've got curves though, cause then it just looks weird. :(

17. FashionTopFace

FashionTopFace New Member

Anti sex is replacing the dominace of the previous seasons or heterosexual orientated dressing of women in other words replacing the extreme sex body contious styles

18. luckyme

luckyme Active Member

i agree drop waists are hard to pull off unless you are tall and have no curves but the other trend mentioned with calf length skirts and dresses is definitely not frumpy if worn with a nipped waist. marc jacobs is doing this beautifully and with fresh vigor.

19. gimmethatbag

gimmethatbag New Member

I think a slightly gothic '20s look might be in.
    [​IMG]
    oldfashionedpretty.com

[​IMG]
    la2day.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    pastreunited.com

[​IMG]
    articlesbase.com

[​IMG]
    madamel.com

[​IMG]
    girlflapper.blogspot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    adorevintage.proboards

20. peachyfashion

peachyfashion New Member

Dropped waists definetely look like they're going to prevail through S/S 2011. Woo! I personally love the dropped waist look - flappers were so cool - but it will be hard to pull off if you are particularly curvy.

I'd like to see longer skirts hitting the catwalk - it will make a big change from the super short mini skirts that most people just don't have the legs to pull off. Longer skirts hide a multitude of sins...