Tse F/w 06.07 Nyc

Kimkhuu

Reaction score
Runway review from Style.com:

NEW YORK, February 6, 2006 – Augustine Tse's cashmere company has been through a number of identities in the past few years as designers Hussein Chalayan and Richard Chai have passed though its doors. Fall marks the debut of Tess Giberson, a RISD graduate known for conceptual, hand-worked clothes. Her collection was aptly named Protection; it opened with a quilted wrap that suggested warm, embracing comfort and set the tone for much of what followed. The clothes looked inviting—who wouldn't want to be wrapped in a long, hand-knit cable cardigan, worn alluringly over a thin scoop-neck tank? Or how about keeping out the cold in the season's requisite shearling coat, shown here in white?

Giberson showed a number of short, sexy dresses, which were elegantly accessorized with Tom Tem's chain jewelry. Less successful were the loose stockings—seen at Prada last spring—which crinkled down into cherry-red patent shoes by Christian Louboutin. Throughout the show there was a tension between the seductive (a knitted lace evening dress) and the safe (kilt-like side-pleated skirts). This suggested that Giberson hasn't entirely come to grips with this label's essential dilemma: Is it for a deep-pocketed customer seeking updates of classics, or the more fashion-forward woman? And certainly some will question whether she was progressive enough or has injected enough of her own sensibility into the designs. But there was no denying the craftsmanship. She was creative in pushing the boundaries of what can be done with cashmere; knitting it into puckers, cables, and lace, showing it superfine, even beaded—but always luxe.

– Laird Borrelli

TSE F/W 06.07
Source: style.com

00120m.jpg
00130m.jpg

00140m.jpg
00150m.jpg

00160m.jpg
00170m.jpg

00180m.jpg
00190m.jpg

Quite disappointed...nothing new here, and the pieces are conservative, bulky and not flattering. I want to like Giberson, she had talent, but this has no edge at all. I don't think Richard Chai is right either, they need someone with good ideas to breathe new life in them, they can't seem to pick up again after Chalayan left. Pity, because they are a respected line, and the quality of their knit is something...

i thought the collection was a breath of fresh air....

very nice shapes and colours...but she got lost in some of those seethrough piecs with chains in the middle...got back on track towards the ends, imo..

:flower:

I love this! I really like all of the looks in the first post with photos. :heart: Really really nice!

I quite like this. I agree that the edge is not really there but edge can sometimes become a gimmick and easy to wear clothes (done right) can be really fresh.

^ I agree, very wearable, some lovely (and useful) pieces. I fail to see what's so wrong with useful :wink:

Nothing I expected at all. Disappointing indeed. It's all too safe and overly commercial-and we all know Tess is alot more esoteric than this....and she's at a company which allows a bit more experimentation. But this is only her first season so I'm not going to make any pre-judgements on her progression. It could get better as she becomes a bit more comfortable. I certainly hope it does because she's got an abundance of talent.

Yay for knits. Looks very clean, but that could be soo bland.

I personally hate the hair.

I'm disapointed, but I guess I should have expected soemthing very commercial, and I agree she seems a split.

I still like it , it reminds me of pin up girls a bit with the red shoes and stockings. The puff sleaves are great.

i totally a-do-re this,
fresh and elegant AND very wearable,
they are lucky working with Tess :crush:

Lena said:
i totally a-do-re this,
fresh and elegant AND very wearable,
they are lucky working with Tess :crush:

yeah..it really does have that something, doesn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->