Tweed Jackets

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by cjseattle, Aug 28, 2004.

1. cjseattle

cjseattle New Member

Will you be buying one this season? Or did you already? Share!

2. brie

brie New Member

I want a new one, perhaps a brown one.

I have three right now. (black/white, pink/cream/gold, orange/green/off white/tan)

3. Bonchic

Bonchic New Member

I want a couple too to wear dressy or with a denim skirt.. I want a pink/green one and a black/white one omg they have a really cute black/white one at Target of all places!

4. breathe0xygen

breathe0xygen I loved you

i saw one yesterday... but im not really sure if i want to splurge on one. im still thinking :unsure:

5. LolitaLuxe

LolitaLuxe Vision of Paradise

i have one in blk & wht houndstooth ( ??) and raw edges around the collar and cuffs i bought it from a thrift store
    a while back.....i made it smaller, but i havnt worn it yet.

6. blushingbaby

blushingbaby New Member

I'm getting a pink/cream one with fur collar. :heart:

7. utopia

utopia ingenue

I've already got mine! I recently bought an adorable vintage brown shrunken tweed blazer with pintucked sleeves for fall. I think it be my staple till it gets too cold and rainy, because it looks good with everything - from little cocktail dresses to jeans.
    I also have a slightly bigger one that I bought last year...a vintage light brown tweed equestrian jacket that is extremely warm and got compliments on it nearly every time I wore it, so I'll be pulling it out once it gets colder. :heart:

8. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

what about a velvet blazer?...

9. brie

brie New Member

^^^ Mmm, velvet blazers are so luxe. They just make everything look more elegant. I recently picked up a velvet bolero and I have a regular fitted one in black, but would love to find a regular length blazer with puff sleeves in a rich purple, red or emerald or kelly green.

10. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

H&M... :flower:

actually brie...where are you located?...there are so many new posters i'm having trouble keeping track...

please excuse my senility... :blush: :flower:

anyway...i say velvet blazer...tweed TROUSERS... :flower:

11. impossibleprincess

impossibleprincess kabhi alvida

i :heart: my velevet blazer-haven't worn it in forever though....maybe time to bring it out again...

12. Kimkhuu

Kimkhuu New Member

I'd love to get a Chanel tweed jacket, but I guess my wallet doesn't feel the same way.

13. nycgirl84

nycgirl84 New Member

^ Who wouldn't like to own one of those! I have a black and white houndstooth, a blueish one from Zara, AND a black velvet one. They have velevet blazers with puff sleeves at H & M, Soft?

14. cjseattle

cjseattle New Member

I would like to buy one, but the ones I like are a little bit more than I can afford. The midpriced ones are still not in Seattle, I suppose. I'm going to SF next week though. Are there any stores I should be checking out??

15. oceanharlot

oceanharlot stories everywhere

I've so many blazers right now... I just need a plain black one. I'm kinda thinking of getting that one by Barbara Bui on laredoute, but I think I should get one that I can try on many different sizes to get the perfect one.

16. CelineChic

CelineChic New Member

I have 3 tweed coats and 5 tweed blazers with matching skirts

The coats are brown, rust, and white.

The blazers are black with silver fox fur collar, pink, white, beige and grey blended with a light light pink.

As you can tell I love tweed!

I have many of them for a few years now. I've been wearing tweed far before it started becoming popular.

17. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

I agree with softie. Other than the classic chanel, i'm getting a bit tired of tweed/boucle blazers because they are EVERYWHERE. I say go for a rich fabric blazer (like velvet in a great jewel tone) and invest in a pair of tweed pants which look terrific and aren't overdone.

18. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

i so agree with meg, i'm bored to death with winter tweed jackets :ninja: plus they've been re-introduced seasons' ago, like everyone owns one. dont you find them too 'grown up'??

i wouldnt mind the brown/light pink knee length tweed skirt i saw in Zara (if only it was well made :innocent: )
    and i'm sure utopia's find will be very chic, but not for me.

tweed trousers? hmm why should someone add bulk on hips etc, i think they make people looking short and fat (must be the tweed blur effect)

19. crazy_k

crazy_k New Member

I love the tweed jacket i have. I had to have it tailored in because my back is so arched. I usually wear with jeans because I don't wanna look too dressed up ^_^

20. saturnine

saturnine New Member

I recently bought a vintage Valentino cropped velvet blazer - it fits me perfectly, and the velvet is so plush and shiny, true luxe. I would marry it if I could.

As for tweed jackets, I have two, which I started wearing a year ago at least. They don't resemble Chanel imitations, I picked them both up at thiftstores.

One in particular, I regularly get compliments about, and asked where I bought it! :lol: :blush: