Fur and Feather Jackets / Vests

Velony

Empire State of Mind
Reaction score
I noticed that there are already fur and feather vests and jackets in the stores, for example Zara carries fur vests. Similar styles have also been seen on the Olsens (both of their lines contain fur or feather jackets), Kate Moss and Heidi Klum.
What do you think of this trend?

Pics: popsugar.com, thisnext.com, ebay.com

Attachments

• shaggy_chic11.jpg
    shaggy_chic11.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 11
  • mkanewmain.jpg
    mkanewmain.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 001-1.jpg
    001-1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 5F83F4A5.jpg
    5F83F4A5.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Elizabeth-and-James-Ostrich_4A2EBBA1.jpg
    Elizabeth-and-James-Ostrich_4A2EBBA1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 8
this has invaded the british high street every shop .. literally every shop has its own version of this trend

i personally love it in a 70's boho way .. teamed with the seventies paisley, hippy dresses were seeing atm .. so versitile i love them

I like it on some pics, but I wouldnt wear it myself

I'm afraid that the cheaper the versions is the cheaper i might look. I just ordered that Topshop jacket but I'm not sure it will look good or if I can pull it off at all but I can always return it. So far I haven't seen any nice nice versions in the shops over here.

Louis Vuitton A/W 08-09
00310f.jpg

Dolce & Gabbana A/W 08-09
00010f.jpg

00030f.jpg

00170f.jpg

00220f.jpg

00250f.jpg

Francesco Scognamiglio A/W 08-09

00130f.jpg

(www.vogue.co.uk)

I actually like it. There was an editorial in the last Allure and the model was wearing fur w/ riding pants ( think she had a hysteria bag too but Im not sure) and it was cute on her...but I wouldnt wear it, personally.

these knits from alexander wang's aw08 have a similar effect as the faux fur/feather jackets and vests.. but i think they're far more interesting texturally

style.com

I love that first pic posted by Crying Diamond and I love the style generally of both fur and feathers

Love some of these, love the style. The textures of the two pics CD posted from D&G sticks out imo. Id wear the right one, not the most flashy ones though. Im kicking myself for not buying this gorgeous vintage, black fur stola the other day, it was subtle and would go with everything this winter.... argh....

October 14, 2008
trends vests street style
Trend Watch
Beauty & the Beast

Furry vests grow wild with Parisian style-setters. By Kelley Hoffman

furryvest_trend2.jpg

Tale as old as time—in fact, since the beginning of time—women have adored wearing fur. For real or for faux, the material carries the weight of both luxury and controversy, that is, depending the circle you roll with. But as the season changes and we look for warmer wares, we're finding the current worn way of fur (or fur-inspired) pieces isn't in your classic, overwhelming glamorous style, but rather a gorgeous-meets-monster look in blocky vests that puff up and break up the chest, as well as compliment the texture of your hair. The inspiration is less J.Lo, and more of a rock 'n' roll twist between Cocteau's Belle et la Bëte and Where the Wild Things Are. Check out some of these looks that dominated street style in Paris during Fashion Week and beyond.

furryvest_trend3.jpg

Above, from left:
The Sartorialist for Style.com, Paris
Altamira NYC, Paris

furryvests_trend1.jpg

Above, from left:
Face Hunter, Paris
The Sartorialist for Style.com, Paris

See more furry vests on Cobrasnake, here, here, and here

refinery29.com

i'm sure zara did a fake fur vest...
and isabel marant is surely a huge influence here as well...

I think fur when worn right is such a gorgeous look! :heart:

But personally I don't feel comfortable wearing fur, I purchased a vintage mink bolero that I had to return eventually because I know I wouldn't be wearing it much.
I'm tempted by the faux fur options around, but I'm afraid it still wouldn't work out.. the most that I will attempt is probably in the form of fur trim/collars.

I've seen loads of fur vests when looking for fur coats for my own trendspotting thread. If you look through Paris fashion week, there are many people sporting this look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fur could be so gorgeous! After watching Rachel Zoe's show I love it even more because she wears some great pieces. I'm about to buy a jacket and som great vests. It can be pretty cute to put a vest over a leather jacket in the winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->