Tyra Banks Ending Talk Show; Will Focus On Film Production Company

Mchunu

Reaction score
Mon Dec 28, 11:26 AM PST Tyra Banks is ending her daytime TV talk show.
The supermodel-turned-TV-mogul announced she that she will wrap up her talk show at the end of its current season - its fifth -- this coming spring.
VIEW THE PHOTOS: From Sexy Supermodel to TV Mogul: Hot Shots of Tyra Banks!
"This will be the last season of 'The Tyra Show,'" she wrote on her Web site. "I've been loving having fun, coming into your living rooms, bedrooms [and] hair salons for the past 5 years."
And Tyra was quick to claim she isn't ending her show due to the ratings.
VIEW THE PHOTOS: Scenes From Tyra's Bi-Racial Photo Shoot On 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 13
"The thing is, 'The Tyra Show' is not leaving because of YOU. Most times, a show leaves the air because not many people are watching. Well, you all ARE watching, in record numbers. You must know this love and support is always felt by me and it's given me the courage to take more exciting steps in my life. So I thank you for that."
Instead of sitting down to talk to guests on a daily basis, Tyra will shift her focus to Bankable Studios, a film production company based in New York, which she is set to launch.
"This year I'll be unveiling some HUGE surprises from me and my company Bankable - new out-of-the-box projects," Tyra wrote. "And I'm incredibly excited to announce that I'll be launching Bankable Studios soon, which means my company will be making MOVIES!!! And what I love about creating new projects is that it also creates new jobs for talented people, in front of and behind the camera."
VIEW THE PHOTOS: Keepin' It Real With TV's Hottest Reality Stars!
Oprah Winfrey also recently announced she would end her daytime TV talk show run in September 2011 in order to concentrate on another project - in Oprah's case the Oprah Winfrey Network.
And Tyra referenced Oprah's big move as she thanked her loyal "Tyra Show" fans.
"Before I go, I have to pay homage to the ultimate Queen of Talk, Oprah, who made a huge impact on my life by giving me my first shot in daytime TV. We all know she announced that her last year with her talk show will be in the 2010-2011 season. We will all miss her show so much," Tyra noted. "And to you Oprah: You have had, and continue to have, such an amazing impact on me. I salute you."
Tyra will stay committed, however, to her longtime reality competition, "America's Next Top Model," which recently crowned its first petite model winner, Nicole Fox. The show will return in 2010 with its 14th cycle.
Copyright 2009 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/tv...-talk-show-will-focus-film-production-company

i guess since Oprah is ending her show, Tyra is following in her footsteps. :rofl:

Tyra wasn't a very good host, but she had really great topics for many shows.

Nooo! Her talk show was my guilty pleasure lol.

But there are still so many unanswered questions :o

We've seen her real hair, but what would it look like when frozen? :unsure: We never got to see her go undercover as a man pretending to be a woman! What about those women who aren't proud of their curves?! And there are still some primordial dwarves without iPods - OMG you guys! :( :cry:

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! OMG first Oprah, now Tyra?? What are we supposed to watch now, Dr. Phil?? I went to her show last September and I had such a good time and during the Q&A part after the taping, I even got to go on stage with her and she showed me her planner...good memories.

Tyra wasn't a very good host, but she had really great topics for many shows.

Tyra was a different kind of host. She just seemed more real, some may call it unprofessional. She had a different demographic that I think want someone who can relate to them. I find Oprah kind of cold. Tyra did have great topics, I do agree.

The daytime talk show genre is wide open for anybody to take.

she was too overbearing and tried to force ehr opinions on peope, instead of being neutral.

People will now have to watch my favorite talkshow woman, Martha. She's got more money than Tyra and Oprah together, and much more fun to watch, albeit she doesnt bring the drama because she has class.

I am going to miss Joel McHale making fun of her of her on The Soup.
That is my only experience viewing her show.

:cry:
I am seriously gonna miss this show! Such a guilty pleasure and she actually had fun topics. I never really liked watching Oprah or Ellen or Martha. How am I going to keep up with black women and their hair trends?? :cry:

i have to admit i sometimes i pass through the channels and catch her show on but i can never bear two seconds of it. her hosting skills are very grating. and to me her biggest flaw is her lack of eloquence. she tries so hard to be an intelligent host and ends up looking a bit flaky and dumb,if you ask me.

I'm sad that she's ending it, I like the show! lol (not the celeb/beauty episodes I hate those kind of shows I love the problem episodes. And yes I admit it:P ) Tyra can be a very judgmental host but I don't pay attention to her anyway I just like to hear what the guests she gets are saying some of the topics she has I think are really interesting to watch

I don't know what's more annoying:
Oprah and her perpetual attention-wh*ring ("LOOK AT ME, I'm ending my show!!! And I'm letting you a YEAR in advance!!!")
Or Tyra and her perpetual Oprah-worship.

Good riddance to Tyra's cheesy show! I'll never forget the time that she taught a tranny on stage how to squat while peeing. :rolleyes:

I couldn't bear the thought of her taking over for Oprah, so whatever...she was very phony on her show, I'm not surprised she was pushed out for poor ratings.

^iI you read the article you'll see it says she wasn't pushed out for poor ratings. She actually wasn't "pushed out" at all; it was her decision to end the program so she could focus on Bankable productions and hopefully make films.

If you want my take on it, Tyra's just trying to do everything. I don't think there's anything wrong with trying new things out and getting your feet wet but i think what's most important (and often questioned) are her motives. I admit Tyra can seem "phony" because the things she stands for are polar opposites, however on her talk show she can come off as a very genuine, warm and caring individual. I'm not sure if she's venturing out just to try expand her horizons or just to one day be deemed a Supermodel who's done it all. She can appear so in love with herself that you just don't know whether or not she really has good, self-less intentions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->