Tyra Banks Ending Talk Show; Will Focus On Film Production Company

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by Mchunu, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Mchunu

Mchunu New Member

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/tv...-talk-show-will-focus-film-production-company

i guess since Oprah is ending her show, Tyra is following in her footsteps. :rofl:

2. tullepen

tullepen New Member

so now's there's gonna be Tyra films?!
    :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::blink:

3. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

Tyra wasn't a very good host, but she had really great topics for many shows.

4. Les_Sucettes

Les_Sucettes Well-Known Member

Her Tv show was atrocious.

5. ~Gia~

~Gia~ Member

Nooo! Her talk show was my guilty pleasure lol.

6. LagerfeldBoy

LagerfeldBoy Active Member

^ mine too!
    I'll always miss those "kiss my fatass" moments :(

7. sethii

sethii New Member

But there are still so many unanswered questions :eek:

We've seen her real hair, but what would it look like when frozen? :unsure: We never got to see her go undercover as a man pretending to be a woman! What about those women who aren't proud of their curves?! And there are still some primordial dwarves without iPods - OMG you guys! :( :cry:

8. lizbabe09

lizbabe09 New Member

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! OMG first Oprah, now Tyra?? What are we supposed to watch now, Dr. Phil?? I went to her show last September and I had such a good time and during the Q&A part after the taping, I even got to go on stage with her and she showed me her planner...good memories.

9. Working Girl

Working Girl New Member

Tyra was a different kind of host. She just seemed more real, some may call it unprofessional. She had a different demographic that I think want someone who can relate to them. I find Oprah kind of cold. Tyra did have great topics, I do agree.

The daytime talk show genre is wide open for anybody to take.

10. retailqueen

retailqueen New Member

she was too overbearing and tried to force ehr opinions on peope, instead of being neutral.

11. LetThemEatCake

LetThemEatCake New Member

People will now have to watch my favorite talkshow woman, Martha. She's got more money than Tyra and Oprah together, and much more fun to watch, albeit she doesnt bring the drama because she has class.

12. brokenenglish

brokenenglish Deep Red Bells

I am going to miss Joel McHale making fun of her of her on The Soup.
    That is my only experience viewing her show.

13. diorelle

diorelle New Member

:cry:
    I am seriously gonna miss this show! Such a guilty pleasure and she actually had fun topics. I never really liked watching Oprah or Ellen or Martha. How am I going to keep up with black women and their hair trends?? :cry:

14. LetThemEatCake

LetThemEatCake New Member

:rofl::rofl: Maybe Wendy Williams show?

15. diorelle

diorelle New Member

I'm not that desperate! :lol: :lol:

16. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

i have to admit i sometimes i pass through the channels and catch her show on but i can never bear two seconds of it. her hosting skills are very grating. and to me her biggest flaw is her lack of eloquence. she tries so hard to be an intelligent host and ends up looking a bit flaky and dumb,if you ask me.

17. Gainsbourg

Gainsbourg New Member

I'm sad that she's ending it, I like the show! lol (not the celeb/beauty episodes I hate those kind of shows I love the problem episodes. And yes I admit it:p ) Tyra can be a very judgmental host but I don't pay attention to her anyway I just like to hear what the guests she gets are saying some of the topics she has I think are really interesting to watch

18. Spiral1532

Spiral1532 New Member

I don't know what's more annoying:
    Oprah and her perpetual attention-whoring ("LOOK AT ME, I'm ending my show!!! And I'm letting you a YEAR in advance!!!")
    Or Tyra and her perpetual Oprah-worship.

Good riddance to Tyra's cheesy show! I'll never forget the time that she taught a tranny on stage how to squat while peeing. :rolleyes:

19. LUXXX

LUXXX New Member

I couldn't bear the thought of her taking over for Oprah, so whatever...she was very phony on her show, I'm not surprised she was pushed out for poor ratings.

20. Mchunu

Mchunu New Member

^iI you read the article you'll see it says she wasn't pushed out for poor ratings. She actually wasn't "pushed out" at all; it was her decision to end the program so she could focus on Bankable productions and hopefully make films.

If you want my take on it, Tyra's just trying to do everything. I don't think there's anything wrong with trying new things out and getting your feet wet but i think what's most important (and often questioned) are her motives. I admit Tyra can seem "phony" because the things she stands for are polar opposites, however on her talk show she can come off as a very genuine, warm and caring individual. I'm not sure if she's venturing out just to try expand her horizons or just to one day be deemed a Supermodel who's done it all. She can appear so in love with herself that you just don't know whether or not she really has good, self-less intentions.

#20 Mchunu, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Dec 29, 2009