UK Harper's Bazaar August 2010 : Marion Cotillard by Cedric Buchet

She looks pretty on the subscriber's cover, but i don't like the newstand cover.

She's smoking, but why does she always look like such a butterface on covers?

I like this cover way more than her July US Vogue one. I love the colours they have used. The contents looks good too.

I love that they've given her the cover!
But I much prefer the subscriber shot. It's gorgeous.
I agree there's something that looks a bit uncomfortable with the newsstand - though it's pretty.
It is strange - her editorials are always generally stunning, yet her cover shots are not always the best.
I think sometimes, with cover stars who may seem a bit risky, they tend to play it safe when it comes to the cover shot - to even it out. Which probably defeats the purpose.

At any rate i'm happy again to see her on a bigger title.
I imagine she'll get a few more covers during the Inception press tour :smile:

The colours and clothes/accessories are wonderful but there's something off with this pic... Must be the hair.

Hmm first US Vogue and now this.. I'm starting to think Marion isn't great cover girl material. I think she is beautiful, but I haven't liked either of her covers. The colour setup and styling looks interesting though.

Vogue was a lot better! Weird angles and expressions

Marion makes me channel my inner ANTM judge - she is telegenic but not photogenic. She isn't bad per se in print, there is no pop, just meh.

her face looks weird, i think her Vogue cover is better..

hate the subs. cover but love the newsstand ugh shame that i am a subscriber! :(

I love both covers, she is so beautiful women and I can't stop admire her beauty! :blush:

Neither of them do her any justice. The b&w cover makes her look like she's made of clay.

Hmm. Both covers look very "French" for UK Bazaar. But in a very dry, lifeless sort of way. Which isn't to say anything about the French :lol: it's just the first thought I had.

For some reason Marion's editorial work always disappoints me. There's always something very hard and contrived about her photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason Marion's editorial work always disappoints me. There's always something very hard and contrived about her photos.

I don't follow Marion closely, but given the amount of love she gets, I'm surprised that people consistently seem very disappointed by her magazine appearances - it makes me wonder if agee is onto something by saying she's 'telegenic but not photogenic' - in which case, this is as good as it gets. Although that leaves me wishing I were that unphotogenic.

It looks like she has an edema on subscriber's cover.

:sick:

Magical Marion

Ph: Cedric Buchet
Model: Marion Cotillard
Styling: Sophia Neophitou-Apostolou

The Collections - Part One

Ph: Michael Comte
Model: Tasha Tilberg
Styling: Sophia Neophitou-Apostolou

The Collections - Part Two
Ph: Michael Comte
Model: Hannelore