Interview August 2010 : Marion Cotillard by Mikael Jansson

Absolutely don't like the cover and review doesn't sound interesting.

I don't like the cover, but I'm sure the shoot will be great! (Or at least I hope so)

i'm not entirely against Marion, she's a great actress and has incredible depth and i do think she's fashionably relevant nowadays since she still is Galliano's muse (and ofcourse, promotion for Inception lol) but what i dont understand is why they always have to select extreme closeup shots of her for covers since she never really gives that much impact facewise :ermm: this reminds me very much of her shot for AnOther Magazine even if the aesthetic was completely different, and again it does nothing for me. this is just too much face.

Well, it's definitely an improvement from her Harper's Bazaar cover imo but i still don't like this, only the colours are kinda appealing. Contents seem to be promising though, Freja!! Can't wait for that and Patricia's ed looks good so far. Thanks for posting! ^_^

It's not as eyecatching as the previous covers...but it's typical Jansson and I think it could look very sultry IRL. Content looks nice...I'll take a triple dose of McDean gladly...and N.E.R.D :smile:. Thanks Dieselmax.

I 'm French but this Marion overload is driving me crazy. Ok she's an amazing actress and can give pretty good spreads, but Vogue, Bazaar and now Interview : its insane!!
The issue sounds really good though, love the Burberry's ed preview.

Interview isn't just a fashion magazine, though.

Thank you. This comes up so often on tFS when the magazines that cover something broader than fashion are discussed. Interview covers fashion, has fashion spreads, but ultimately fashion is just one small drop in their coverage. They have no obligation to put fashion front and center, granted they often do and the magazine itself is very stylish, but someone like Marion (or any other celebrity / personality for that matter) is completely relevant for Interview.

I know she is everywhere for Inception, but I don't really care because I love that someone actually talented, promoting a film that is actually good is on the cover. Better this than Megan Fox (though her cover was striking), La Lohan or some of the other non-entities Interview has profiled.

I'm glad you agree :flower:

And yeah, people seem to forget that This is Andy Warhol's Interview. I love it when Kate Moss, Marc Jacobs, Lara Stone, etc. But people like Marion Cotillard are, I feel, equally appropriate.

Love the cover. Love Marion.

And that picture of Patricia is absolutely awesome.

Marion Cotillard
by Nicole Kidman
Photographer : Mikael Jansson
Fashion Editor : Karl Templer

Source : interviewmagazine.com

Attachments

• marion-cotillard-1.jpg
    marion-cotillard-1.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 32
  • marion-cotillard-2.jpg
    marion-cotillard-2.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 24