Interview August 2010 : Marion Cotillard by Mikael Jansson

Wow...

I hate that editorial, a lot. The bad part is I thought "could it get any worse?" & It didn't, and I hate it even more!

^actually there are a few more, please follow the mediaplayer here

That cover would be gorgeous if it came on thickly textured paper, with a tactile dimension to the expanse of skin and shadows.

That cover would be gorgeous if it came on thickly textured paper, with a tactile dimension to the expanse of skin and shadows.

The best feature of the cover is definitely the texture. There could be something worthwhile there....it all depends on how it comes out in print. However, so far, my impression is that this is the worst Interview cover in a while. It doesn't really seem to express anything.

Reading the interview felt like being backstage at a Miss World pageant.

There are 3 more images here:

Posted by Tarsha in Marion's thread.
Source: Fashionista

I might be in the minority but I think the shots are absolutely stunning.
I've seen far far worse.
I personally think one of the most beautiful features of Marion is her profile which is why I think so many photographers shoot her on an angle like that.

I don't like the cover, I'm kind of disappointed as I think that Marion is a beautiful person and that most of Interview covers are interesting. But this one is just dull in my opinion.

^ Oops Mods - Tarsha's source was fashiongonerogue. Could someone please fix?
:flower:

The cover is so dark and mysterious. I love it. The editorial is a bit boring for me though.

I'm impressed by how much Marion's ed is stunning! Love all the pictures, very soft and flawless.

Wow...

I hate that editorial, a lot. The bad part is I thought "could it get any worse?" & It didn't, and I hate it even more!
Are you kidding? I think it is the most beautiful editorial Marion has ever been featured in... And I am not her fan at all.

^ IKR. The editorial is her best one yet...it feels far more intimate than her Vogue US ed (which was pretty good actually). I think that it's nice to see her with a different hair style...it kind of takes her into another element than her perfect coif.

Are you kidding? I think it is the most beautiful editorial Marion has ever been featured in... And I am not her fan at all.

No, I'm not..:huh: But I don't follow Marion's work. I don't dislike her, nor am I a fan. But, I just don't think this is beautiful. That's only my opinion though. If I was one of Marion's biggest fans, I certainly would not go out of my way to get my hands on that editorial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see they are featuring celebrities interviewing/writing about other celebrities, that is part of why the older issues appeal so much to me.

Not enjoying the grain in the cover. The last issue I bought was the Madonna one and the lack of print quality of the cover really made me angry. The close-up idea is pretty clever because it brings direct intimacy, but they could have done it properly, without doing cropping, at least it seemed to. I can't say the same about Megan Fox's cover due to its photoshop overdose.

But the Madonna one was personally upsetting. I hope the same doesn't happen this time. The other pictures from the ed. seem to be much more powerful than the Bland cover. I can't tell if she's having a sexy moment or just dread.

I'm quite indifferent if she's Marion or Maria, but please, change your face if you are try to tell us you're somebody

Last edited by a moderator:
Not enjoying the grain in the cover. The last issue I bought was the Madonna one and the lack of print quality of the cover really made me angry. The close-up idea is pretty clever because it brings direct intimacy, but they could have done it properly, without doing cropping, at least it seemed to. I can't say the same about Megan Fox's cover due to its photoshop overdose.

But the Madonna one was personally upsetting. I hope the same doesn't happen this time. The other pictures from the ed. seem to be much more powerful than the Bland cover. I can't tell if she's having a sexy moment or just dread.

I'm quite indifferent if she's Marion or Maria, but please, change your face if you are try to tell us you're somebody

Well, isn't it rather simple? Either you get grain or some other evasive manouvre on your cover, photoshop overload or, dear lord, wrinkles?

^ I was under the impression the grain was intentional throughout cover and ed.
All of the bw images in Marion's editorial have a grain in them which supports the 70s 'pin-up' vibe.

Well, isn't it rather simple? Either you get grain or some other evasive manouvre on your cover, photoshop overload or, dear lord, wrinkles?

ahaha, well, there are always mesh handkerchieves and good old blur

Hate the cover, because Interview tends to be repetitive when it comes to the cover.

However, the editorial is amazing. She's so gorgeous and sexy. Love it! I can't wait to see the whole issue. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"