UK Harper's Bazaar August 2020 : Olympia Campbell by Jesse Jenkins

^ That's one silly cover. Their August covers are always the weakest ones.

It's all bit Cotswolds for me, but still a great cover. And very ballsy of Lydia to use that image for newsstand. Don't know about the masthead shade though.

Lydia seems to be reverting back to Justine's direction with each issue. Maybe it's better that way because it will make the new EIC's direction stand out more, when they eventually find one.

This is the main cover..

The UK Vogue covers are the Behind the scenes.

PARK LIFE
Photographer:
Jesse Jenkins
Stylist: Cathy Kasterine
Make-Up: Georgina Graham (remotely through FaceTime)
Model: Olympia Campbell

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

Wonder why they didnt use one of their normal photographers?

Imagine nepotism handing you a career on a silver platter and then flopping this hard.

I'm looking at this online via the local library, it's got 156 pgs, which is good going, plus the usual advertisers - Chanel, Dior, Gucci, Saint Laurent.

The Olympia Campbell series is the only fashion editorial in this issue, but all the other content is as golden as you might expect from UK Bazaar. If they can't produce visuals, they'll just provide more high calibre written content - a formula that I don't see other magazines employing at the moment, even though it would seem a logical solution.

This is a magazine where short articles include "The fabric of life: Patti Smith, Iris Apfel and Stephen Jones on the clothes that made them". Although I'll say that and then find out it's all a reprint from the American edition.

The Dina Asher-Smith feature is just 2 pgs - a portrait shot accompanied by a page of text. I can see why it didn't become the cover story, although she seems like a great choice - an accomplished public figure and a beauty - so it's a missed opportunity.

A massive flop following last month's beauty of a cover with Ashley Graham. Unlike last month, this cover shot is an eyesore, extremely unworthy of being suitable for a cover. Yet then again - I'm failing select an alternative myself from the accompanying feature.

Subscribers Cover:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->