UK Harper's Bazaar July/August 2023 : Emily Blunt by Tom Schirmacher

It’s very British. I like it.
I don’t know about that shade of blue though…

Garden's Bazaar...They are too obsessed with forest/garden setting. It is boring.

Emily looks so much more striking as a brunette and without the over-airbrushing. I like everything else about the cover, though.

Got my subscription copy yesterday, I wasn't impressed. 178 pgs, no supplement.

With all the daisies, I expected the cover to be crisp and white, but in reality, there's a tinge of yellow in all the white tones that makes it seem more dull than it should be.

The image itself, I don't mind it, it's very English summer, which is very UK Bazaar. The editorial inside is nice enough. The other two main editorials (plus the beauty edit) are all outdoors shoots, nice but nothing special, nothing that would stand out, and probably very similar to what you'd also see in Red magazine.

While I do generally like UK Bazaar, I can't recall ever liking their summer issues, I find them very bland, and I can't wait for the content to start looking towards autumn, when the fashion - and the landscapes - become much more dramatic and memorable.

But with their landscape obsession, any magazine that still manages to create their own bubble is to be enjoyed for as long as it lasts. Because it won't last. At some point, like most green fields, someone will sell it and the trees and streams will be ripped up and the content on the pages replaced with the magazine equivalent of a housing development, because that's 'progress'.

quintessential U.K. Harpers Bazaar - it’s inoffensive as it is but it’s pretty.

Porter magazine (RIP, please come back) vibes. I'm not mad at this.

A SEAT AT THE TABLE
Photography:
Tom Schirmacher
Styling: Celia Azoulay
Hair: Laini Reeves
Make-up: Jenn Streicher
Model/Celebritiey: Emily Blunt

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

JUMP FOR JOY
Photography:
Josh Shinner
Styling: Cathy Kasterine
Hair: Yoshitaka Miyazaki
Make-up: Victoria Bond
Model: Heather Kemesky

TIME AND TIDE
Photography:
Agata Pospieszynska
Styling: Charlie Harrington
Hair: Declan Sheils
Make-up: Natsumi Narita
Model: Betsy Gaghan

HALCYON DAYS
Photography:
Darren McDonald
Styling: Jillian Davison
Hair: Peter Grey
Make-up: Sara Tagaloa
Model: Ansley Gulielmi

Another rather delightful cover from British Harper's Bazaar. It's all just so fresh, pretty and perfect for this time of year (despite reading more spring than summer). Quintessential British Harper's Bazaar as said by @WAVES and I sense a little Will Davidson from the photography! :heart:

A SEAT AT THE TABLE
Photography:
Tom Schirmacher
Styling: Celia Azoulay
Hair: Laini Reeves
Make-up: Jenn Streicher
Model/Celebritiey: Emily Blunt

She does look like a hybrid of Adele and Sarah Paulson

With all the daisies, I expected the cover to be crisp and white, but in reality, there's a tinge of yellow in all the white tones that makes it seem more dull than it should.

I saw this issue in person for the first time today, and noticed the yellow tinge too which immediately put me off - almost like one of those horrid Instagram filters.

You will struggle to find a single copy of Harper’s Bazaar here nowadays. The vast majority of stores have the Elle and Bazaar duo for £5.99 which comes boxed, and now forces readers to go home with both magazines. A good marketing tactic on Hearst’s behalf but annoying when you simply do not wish to own Elle, or visa versa and even for us weirdos who wish to scan for a clean and fresh copy - like I always do.

These eds would be decent if they booked a girl like Birgit Kos and styled her in vintage Alaia or Yohji. The photography is good, location choice is interesting but everything else falls flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->