UK Harper's Bazaar March 2015 : Kate Winslet by Alexi Lubomirski

Very Peter Lindbergh! But somehow it feels dated (because it also lacks his actual touch), here we are in 2015, and its Kate Winslet back on the cover, yet another movie star that is a regular for them! Justine needs to cast her net wider, so many wonderful cover choices, but we keep going back to 10 same, overused, faces!

Very Peter Lindbergh! But somehow it feels dated (because it also lacks his actual touch), here we are in 2015, and its Kate Winslet back on the cover, yet another movie star that is a regular for them! Justine needs to cast her net wider, so many wonderful cover choices, but we keep going back to 10 same, overused, faces!

Absolutely agree with you. Reese, Gwyneth, and now Kate. Where are the breakout stars?

I quite like the cover, and I'm interesting to see what the newsstand version will look like. Lindbergh probably did shoot this. It would be odd though because I thought he'd return to the US Bazaar instead of UK. He's much needed there after all.

^ You really think this is actually shot by Peter? Now I'm intrigued, because to me it looks like a failed copy of his work. Like something Lubomirksi might do, and feel super proud about it, and how well he captured his style. When in fact the first thing i notice is how uncomfortable she looks! Lindbergh's subjects are always at ease, and even when shooting Fashion he avoids his subjects being stuck in sand wearing super high heels cliché!!

^ You really think this is actually shot by Peter? Now I'm intrigued, because to me it looks like a failed copy of his work. Like something Lubomirksi might do, and feel super proud about it, and how well he captured his style. When in fact the first thing i notice is how uncomfortable she looks! Lindbergh's subjects are always at ease, and even when shooting Fashion he avoids his subjects being stuck in sand wearing super high heels cliché!!

I could be wrong, but there's just so many Lindbergh elements at play here. Oh God, you're probably right. The likelihood is much higher that it's Alexei, he's shot both Jan & Feb so far. I'm quite disappointed now actually.

Very US Bazaar Subscriber's cover! and yes, it does have the Lindbergh feel to it but lacks the Lindbergh touch? I mean it looks like him, but at the same time it doesn't... Maybe it's even by him. Anyway, I'm pretty much excited for the newsstand cover.

I also agree with sentiments of Benn98, where are the breakout stars? But at this point, UK Bazaar has managed to place itself on top of US Bazaar so I'm not going to complain anymore

April 2013 was her last cover of HBUK....but she was on HBUS last year and it just feels like she has had 60 covers in the past 5 years......she's beautiful but come on!

I also thought of Peter Lindbergh when I saw the cover image but I wasn't 100% certain. I always assume Alexi Lubomirski whenever a new Harper's Bazaar cover surfaces, purely based on the fact he's shot every cover since December. I'm surprised Carine Roitfeld's shoot didn't make the subscribers' cover like last year with Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (unless this is a Roitfeld shoot and we're about to be dumbfounded).

I also thought of Peter Lindbergh when I saw the cover image but I wasn't 100% certain. I always assume Alexi Lubomirski whenever a new Harper's Bazaar cover surfaces, purely based on the fact he's shot every cover since December. I'm surprised Carine Roitfeld's shoot didn't make the subscribers' cover like last year with Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (unless this is a Roitfeld shoot and we're about to be dumbfounded).

Speaking of which, it's been a while since I've seen her editorials in the UK, US or other editions. Last one was the resort looks with Gigi, and that was in December I think. Unless I'm missing something, do you suppose they've done away with her?

^Carine only produces four or six shoots a year, I'm sure. A one always occurs for the March issues showing the spring collections, so there's time for it to surface yet. This won't be the first time one of Roitfeld's shoot hasn't made the cover. I just assumed since March and September are the biggest out of the whole year, the shoot would've provided all editions of Bazar with some cover-worthy images. I'm hoping my subscription arrives with the mail tomorrow.

It kind of looks like she was posing for another camera and this is a behind the scenes/candid shot of the photo shoot. Maybe it will look better in HQ.

Yes, she's on their cover a lot, but come on. She's a legend. She's always a welcome presence, especially given that she always has projects to promote. She has 4 movies coming out this year. If we're talking returning cover girls, I'll take her over people like Gwyneth who promote their lifestyles.

I like the cover for a couple reasons. One, it doesn't feel like something I've seen from her before. She tends to have predictable covers. A beach shot was unexpected. Two, it makes me more curious about the editorial shots. Three, the billowy canopy coupled with the dress. The only thing I don't like is, while she's a gorgeous woman, she looks a bit uncomfortable. But it's a blurry image. I should wait for the HQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me guess, the newsstand cover is going to have her grabbing the collar of either a trench coat or white button up. :rolleyes:

The cover is indeed shot by Alexi Lubomirski. Carine Roitfeld's story features Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Saskia de Brauw (maybe others), by Anthony Maule.

The cover is indeed shot by Alexi Lubomirski. Carine Roitfeld's story features Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Saskia de Brauw (maybe others), by Anthony Maule.

Thanks for clearing this up, Vogue28! I'm officially over Rosie HW, however good she may look. She's everywhere in print at the moment.

HQ Subscribers' Cover:

scan by vogue28

Review - 410 Pages.

Shop Bazaar/Spring Clean
Model: Grace Bol
Photographer: Jan Lehner
Stylist: Sara Gilmour
10 Photos

Jewellery/Diamond Life
Model: Janice Alida
Photographer: David Slijper
Stylist: Miranda Almond
5 Photos

In The Stars
Models: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Lara Stone, Saskia de Brauw, Liu Wen, Tegan Desmond & Sarah Brannon
Photographer: Anthony Maule
Stylist: Carine Roitfeld
13 Photos

A Star Is Reborn
Cover Star: Kate Winslet
Photographer: Alexi Lubomirski
9 Photos

Wild Country
Model: Stephanie Joy Field
Photographer: Ben Weller
Stylist: Celestine Cooney
16 Photos

A Light That Never Goes Out
Model: Nastya Kusakina
Photographer: Erik Madigan Heck
Stylist: Leith Clark
14 Photos

Earth, Wind & Fire
Model: Barbara Palvin
Photographer: Regan Cameron
9 Photos

Very Lindberg & US Bazaar, but still a nice photo.

I just quickly scanned the cover credits page; to see all available covers:

Bazaar_054.jpg

scan by vogue28

The V&A McQueen cover is so book. really utilises the Victoria and Albert museum.

Overall...good issue. Very balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->