UK Harper's Bazaar November 2010 : Renee Zellweger by Aexi Lubomirski

Yes Cedric is good but Lubomirski is very new to have the covers need a STRONG photographer in the group, with a good vision

Doubt it'll be Noami, Cindy had one already, and Kate's not an option for UK Bazaar is she really. I hope it's Christy personally. But I don't think it's particularly exclusive to those stars.

Didn't Lucy refer to Karen as a supermodel?

Claudia had a cover last year...
Stephanie had an icon issue a couple of years ago...
Don't think it is Kate...
Gisele just had one...

Maybe Christy or Linda ... I doubt Helena...

It is said to be something very glamourous...

I think it is going to be Natalia V... or maybe Lara Stone but she is not very Bazaar...

I said Naomi because she is getting everything at the moment;-)

I don't know who other super super can be... Oh! Maybe Eva Herzigova...! Anyway this is not a right thread for this;-) SORRY!;-)

can't wait to see the newsstand cover, it's my fav and hb uk keeps getting better :heart:

I thought it might be Natalia Vodianova because she seems to have such a close connection with the magazine, on the social side of things.

Anyhow, I'm quite content with the way UK Bazaar is. From my own viewpoint, it's evolved into the most glamorous of the three main publications, because it places the emphasis on fashion being a deeply pleasurable aspect of life - a pleasure that's worth taking seriously, and where you're the one in control.

What's often missing in fashion these days is the experience of being an adult woman. Because advertisers target younger people in the hope that their search for identity can be exploited for profit, this commercial focus on that age group has created an environment where we've come to believe that being that young and that fickle is the most desirable state of being.

But in the pages of Bazaar, it's a different story - it's sophisticated, and the fashion is presented as if you already have a strong sense of yourself. There's an air of mystery and secrets, almost of knowing too much about yourself, and having something to hide under a rather expensive veneer.

So the agenda of the magazine is different to those publications that want to make a radical statement every month with their editorial section. Yet UK Bazaar often manages to produce more exciting covers than you'd find elsewhere...

The subscribers cover looks interesting.

maybe stephanie s for next month. she's been in the news.
this issue looks ok, but hopefully the eds will be several pages

What is she promoting? Not that awful horror film?

She's actually promoting nothing. When you read the article it's about her generally and a piece on her. Usually if there's something in particular the stars are promoting it says in Italic at the end of the piece. However, nothing here...

I must say, the newsstand cover would be stunning if it was anyone but Renee. She looks like Sharon Stone's mother.
The content is as wonderful as always though.

Last edited by a moderator:
both covers are great!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not fond of Renée. Neither was I expecting this! But I have to say, I love the newsstand cover. Even if her neck appears dangerously small.
Overall I like the issue. Bazaar's shopping pages are always enjoyable. The photos in the Galliano article are nice too.

The subscribers cover shot is breath taking and classic but it could`ve been better if the texts were foiled up or with color at least

Subscriber cover so unexpected in a beautiful way. Has anyone seen the stories inside?

I'm kind of scratching my head at why people think her covers are really good. I honestly don't see anything worthwhile in either cover.

A World Away
Ph: Norbert Schoerner
S: Vanessa Coyle
M: Meghan Collison

scanned by me

thank you for scanning :flower:, Meghan looks incredible in the editorial, i love everything about it. i have to get this. :blush:

i would never have guessed that was renee on the cover...

is there a preview of the lanvin for H&M items in this issue?

I'm kind of scratching my head at why people think her covers are really good. I honestly don't see anything worthwhile in either cover.

The subscribers shot makes me glad I’m not a subscriber - but once you have the actual issue, the contents eclipse the cover, which does act a good guide for what you’ll see inside, in terms of the promise of glamour, but there are better shots of Renee in the feature.

There are only two fashion editorials in this issue, but that doesn’t mean it’s lacking in content, instead there are a myriad of features throughout the magazine, which gives you a lot to look at. The overall design is as deeply luxurious as ever - and all the preview shots for the December issue seem to promise the same, with a thousand more sequins sewn on.

Main issue - 272 pages
Beauty supplement - 36 pages (a collection of A/W 10 backstage images, and product shots)

The inside front cover is a 4 pg Gucci cruise gatefold, and there’s also 4 pgs of Georgia Jagger for Chanel. The Balenciaga perfume ad is on textured card.

Aside from the fashion/shopping content, Snapshot sees Don McCullin recalling a day when he worked with the Beatles. He didn’t like Yoko. Sister Act is an interview with Lily Allen and her half-sister as they prepare to open their new store. The Art Power 20 is special section, sponsored by Tiffany, which profiles women working in the sector - curators, directors, artists and gallery owners.

The Renee article paints her as sunny and spirited, although she’s more film noir in the accompanying photography. The first editorial is a simple b/w studio shoot, and the second has Meghan Collison lounging around a pseudo-Peruvian landscape in folklore fashion.

The Bryan Ferry feature has one page of vintage shots (including Jerry Hall and Amanda Lear), and one page with more modern ones (including the Kate Moss album cover) - and an interview which makes great mention of him being a performing introvert who’s sad about the past but optimistic about the future.

The John Galliano in Shanghai feature has posed shots from backstage at the recent show in the city. It’s a nice little feature, but the models all look like little girls playing dress-up in sickly-pink Dior. Rise Of The House Of Chapman is a look at Dinos Chapman’s new family home, which seems to be a hybrid of a hunting lodge, a modernist hotel, and an industrial art museum.

The Taboo feature invites writers to talk about subjects that people don‘t talk about, with photography by Guy Bourdin, to celebrate the publication of a new book about him. The Beauty section examines psychological approaches to eating, while the Travel section goes to Vietnam. Kate Moss and Jamie Hince open the Flash! pages, and Bella Freud does the Why Don’t You..? at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->