UK Vogue August 2011 : Kate Moss by Mario Testino

Kate can model to perfection, but these days, she looks so deeply bored that it kills her work dead for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

this. if this were any other model she would be roasted to bits for how sleepy or bored they look, but because it's Kate people still awe over it. this could have been a lovely cover if not for the dazed-I've-overdosed-on-Benadryl look.

on another note, I am interested to see Jourdan and Arizona's editorials

Hmm, I wish I could look as pretty when I take my Benadryl in Spring. :lol:

I'm not Kate's biggest fan (I wouldn't even consider myself a fan come to think of it), and I certainly don't get 'awed' by most of her work and I actually clicked on this just to see if it was possible to get any duller (the hater in me!), so I was pleasantly surprised to see this.. I love that it's outdoors, that it's autumn-y, the colors, her makeup, the Miu Miu dress, the mood of the entire picture.. it's gorgeous anywhere I look at it, and I'm happy that Vogue UK is going back to this type of simplicity, if only for one issue.. a little more soulful than their studio, overphotoshopped shots.

The preview also looks like the Vogue UK I used to enjoy.. :heart:

Thanks for the pictures!

Kate looks lovely, im in love with that pic of Jourdan doesn't she look great!! I wish UK Vogue would giver her a cover already, seriously what are they waiting for?

I wish UK Vogue would giver her a cover already, seriously what are they waiting for?
I second that, it's beyond me why she's not landing more covers, especially British covers, her face is incredible, she's got great personality and she has been pretty successful in her career.

I like this - it's subtle, I love the sleepy look, it doesn't look dead at all, it's akin to Barbara La Marr, this pose is.

More than Kate, it's the Miu Miu I dig. :heart: Looks like it's going to be one of the most featured collections this fall.

AS ALWAYS! apparently Miu Miu can do no wrong!

Its gonna get all Fall 2010, use the same dress 300 times, again. :yuk:

That is actually stunning. I will usually hate the cover if the model has that expression but I don't know everything works I guess. One of the better covers with Kate recently.

yes it is very effortless although Kate's face is looking very Linda E... very one note
the colors are perfect

Also, I think I'm the only one that's glad to see Arizona again. :D And yay for Suvi's comeback for the publication.

For once, a UK Vogue cover is nothing short of stunning. Everything just works. If only they didn't use Kate Moss so often. Although she nails this cover, it would feel more special if we didn't have so many average Kate Moss UK Vogue covers to compare it to.

This is very US Vogue but I just love it!

Imo Testino+US Vogue produce slicker and more straightforward covers, though, while here I think he succeeds very well in maintaining Vogue UK's subtler and less glossy visual identity.

Whatever excitement I felt knowing Suvi would be in this issue, though, was immediately killed by her preview. I mean, is this is the best you can do with her? Really? The styling is just downright stupid, while Suvi herself looks like she wasn't ready for the shot in this particular picture. That hideous Burberry raincoat just completes the package. :sick:

Ive been waiting for this issue to pop through my door, this is a stunning cover of Kate, really beautiful
Jourdan is slaying, again
Give her a solo cover already

Kate looks like an absolute stunner on this cover, so beautiful, the Miu Miu, light and airy. Except I always hate when they exclude a letter on the header, in this case the G, it looks awful.

really nice cover, I like warm colors and simplicity. kate looks amazing although I think there's too much photoshop.

Kate can model to perfection, but these days, she looks so deeply bored that it kills her work dead for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pretty much.

and wow :lol: holy photoshop on her editorial preview :shock: they don't even try to hide it anymore :sick:

These Miu Miu dresses make great covers, I love the styling in this one. It's always a pleasure to see Kate Moss a little different from her usual look, and well styled. I've frequently complained about her recent work, the bored face, the editors' lack of effort... but even the face worked here, more blasé than just dead. Hopefully her US Vogue cover will be at least as good.
The ed previews look pretty nice, except for Suvi's.

More from Kate's editorial

facebook/img models

Kate looks lovely, im in love with that pic of Jourdan doesn't she look great!! I wish UK Vogue would giver her a cover already, seriously what are they waiting for?

I seriously don't know what they are waiting for; especially since she is British smh

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->