UK Vogue February 2023 : Priyanka Chopra Jonas by Zoe Ghertner

Am I crazy or does it look like they used a baby doll in Priyanka's editorial? :lol:

it’s such an underwhelming issue. the main editorial is plain AF, the editorial with the models is extremely random and nothing to be excited about, Irina’s one feels out of place…
meh
not buying this one.

Mr. E.E. is not only ruining the British edition, but with his shameless direction also the rest of European editions of Vogue. Thank you Grace Coddington, the only real talent featured in this issue!

terrible issue...the Grace story is the only one decent...coverstory just prove that a celebrity stylist is not a magazine stylist..so flat....and that hair looks like from 1998 when Madonna and others have that "i didn't wash my hair in 3 weeks" style...

It’s tragic trash when even the nobodies aren’t fabulous :sick:

Got my subscription copy today... 200 pgs. Gone are the days when you would have seen an alternate cover, there were months when I got hold of both the subscribers and newsstand covers, because they were two different (usually Meisel) cover shots.

As for this cover, I actually like the yellow but I hate the hair. Behind the cover is a Chanel gatefold ad. There's a two-page tribute to Vivienne Westwood. The Trend section at the front - which I often enjoy more than the main editorials - contains the usual studio-shot images, with models Annemary Aderibigbe, Jan Baiboon and Alessandra Caporaso.

The Pavarotti editorial makes the biggest impression in the issue, and Anok Yai is certainly having a moment with all these Vogue editorials (and a recent cover). "Abiding Values" is supposed to be about Ralph Lauren, but the gloss is missing - if I wanted a UK Bazaar-level story, I'll turn to Bazaar. The Porodina story offers some contrast, but doesn't have a stand-out shot. The Hollywood portfolio we've already seen online (is this annual Vogue portfolio muscling in on Vanity Fair's patch?) I don't know what the point of 'Celestial Being' is, but we're probably going to see this eyesore reprinted several times. Back page is 'what would Emma Chamberlain do?'

There's a lot of Asian representation in this issue, which is a good thing, it can sometimes feel like a lesser consideration in UK Vogue's coverage.

I'm beginning to have very low tolerance for these putrid and obvious lacks of effort on all fronts. It's one thing to cut on budget, and another to produce work that is plain unsightly. Stop making fashion ugly, please. And stop letting everyone with a camera get published, there really should be a standard - and if there was one and we took out all the photos that didn't meet it, this issue would be quite empty.

Diverse and inclusive has sadly/hilariously come to define low standard slop and incoherent mess. And every shot lacking any understanding of lighting/angles/composition is now sadly/hilariously considered raw/real/authentic.

Welcome to the current era of Vogue LOL

saw it today on sale as well and the yellow colours do actually look great however her expression and hairstyle are terrible.

I'm starting to become more and more convinced, with each passing issue, that Edward Enninful is spreading himself too thin as European Editorial Director. British Vogue seems to be suffering as a result, because this issue (just like the past few) is dire. Absolutely dire.

You simply cannot just throw Grace Coddington into the mix as some gimmick and expect a stellar fashion story, because Pavarotti's offering here is instantly forgettable and rather sterile. Ain't no one remembering that months down the line. The stories from Sharif Hamza and Theo Liu are both incredibly pedestrian and flat, and even though I am far from jumping for joy over the sight of the photos - Irina Shayk by Elizaveta Porodina is the only tolerable and plausible story here.

A massive MASSIVE dud of an issue, and Enninful needs to massively reignite some passion and pizzaz back into the pages of British Vogue.

The formula for the main editorials might be working to save money, but at what cost to the content itself?

It's reached the point where the print editions are churned out just to keep the concept of the brand alive, but the actual product is an empty shell. Content is recycled to ensure different editions can continue to be published, but in name only. The real leverage is online, where attention spans are generally goldfish-level.

She just walked out of a tornado and this photographer was waiting, camera in hand, on the other side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->