UK Vogue February 2023 : Priyanka Chopra Jonas by Zoe Ghertner

Guessing from the personalities involved, I would safely assume Law Roach came on set acting like he was some hot shot Creative Director and the product is a result of his off brand choices.

I feel bad for Zoe bc her work is usually very serene, elegant, quiet. This is a loud mess. The primary colored wardrobe, lion hair.. it's giving fashion assistant doing a test shoot.

Edward really took a big risk giving Law a West Coast Editor position.

Looking forward, at least, to the editorial shot by Rafael Pavarotti and styled by Grace Coddington. I wonder if it’s shared content, though.

OMFG ahahaahha the hairdresser should be fired on the spot.
It's not pretty.

Didn't expect to see this in the supermarket this morning, given British Vogue's Instagram stating the issue will be on sale Tuesday 24th!

A thin issue and no special price of £2 this month. There was Anok Yai by Rafael Pavarotti (styled by Grace Coddington), Irina Shayk by Elizaveta Porodina (which wouldn't surprise me as being Vogue Spain's main cover feature) and a fashion story with He Cong (and others) styled by Gabriella Karefa-Johnson.

God, I hadn't even noticed Law Roach styled the cover. Now look I'm not one to start conspiracies but I find it very odd how he's infiltrating himself into magazines and how celebrity stylists in general are becoming more forceful. And I say infiltrate because it's not by chance that he styled the cover. She must've demanded him, and it had to have been a conversation she had with him separately. Could he be tying these actresses down with contracts and what even is the incentive for magazines?

I know for many masthead stylists the ultimate goal is styling the cover. The goalpost has now been moved because they'd need to compete against both Edward and these celebrity stylists.

This British seaweed hair makes me sick.

LOL would've been as effective without 'British' inserted thanks...

Could he be tying these actresses down with contracts and what even is the incentive for magazines?

I'm kind of in love with this conspiracy theory, almost like a celebrity stylist cartel? I can see Vanity Fair writing an article about it in 5 years (if it's still in print).

The cover had much potential due to the cover scheme and textures but then the hair and expression. The editorial is not any better, she literally isnt giving anything in any fo the shots yet on tv she always looks stunning.

Looking through my digital copy just now, the issue is very inconsistent and there is no correlation between any two stories. I guess that's what they're going for with the global thingy, let the main edition gather a bunch of nonsensical stories as a foundation for all the other editions. It isn't working.

Priyanka, although a beautiful woman, looks dreadful in the terrible styling by Law Roach. The selected garments look cheap and unflattering, her hair is a mess and it's all utterly uninspired. Pavarotti's editorial is the saving grace of this issue, in my opinion. It looks like a modern progression of the type of editorial American Vogue used to be famous for, especially with the crew popping up in several shots. Anok looks magnificent! It's a shame that this type of fashion delivery isn't present throughout the rest of the magazine. Then we come back to the parade of low budget ugliness in the form of a Ralph Lauren article that looks like it's taken off of someone's Instagram feed. Words can't describe how much I hate it. Even the appearance of Grace Elizabeth and Irina Shayk is diminished by complete lack of taste and skill that went into producing this rejected Vogue Arabia filler looking piece of trash. Porodina's story is lovely enough, but I resent it for the fact that I've already seen it elsewhere and I'm already sick of it. The celebrity portfolio is quite ugly, as usual, though certain portraits are passable. Sadie Sink kinda served c*nt, so props to her. And to top it all off, the ugly mess that was Theo Liu's story we saw on the US thread.

I'm beginning to have very low tolerance for these putrid and obvious lacks of effort on all fronts. It's one thing to cut on budget, and another to produce work that is plain unsightly. Stop making fashion ugly, please. And stop letting everyone with a camera get published, there really should be a standard - and if there was one and we took out all the photos that didn't meet it, this issue would be quite empty.

WITH EVERY HEARTBEAT
Photography:
Zoe Ghertner
Styling: Law Roach
Hair: Tamara McNaughton
Make-up: Fara Homidi
Model/Celebrity: Priyanka Chopra Jonas

UK Vogue Digital Edition

CHANGING DIRECTION
Photography:
Rafael Pavarotti
Styling: Grace Coddington
Hair: Eugene Souleiman
Make-up: Ana Takahashi
Cast: Rafael Pavarotti, Anok Yai, Eugene Souleiman, Ana Takahashi, Bianca Parisotto, Michael
Cukr & Grace Coddington

UK Vogue Digital Edition

ABIDING VALUES
Photography:
Sharif Hamza
Styling: Dena Giannini
Hair: Guido
Make-up: Diane Kendal
Models: Annemary Aderibigbe, Amar Akway, Assa Baradji, Grace Elizabeth, Hiandra Martinez, Jade Nguyen, Irina Shayk & Mariam De Vinzelle

UK Vogue Digital Edition

MAGNETIC CHARGE
Photography:
Elizaveta Porodina
Styling: Poppy Kain
Hair: Claire Moore
Make-up: Isamaya Ffrench
Model: Irina Shayk

UK Vogue Digital Edition

CELESTIAL BEING
Photography:
Theo Liu