UK Vogue January 2015 : Freja Beha Erichsen by Alasdair McLellan

Love the hair and makeup--though her face looks really bloated due to photoshop.

But seriously, where the f*ck is Joudan's cover? I have a feeling we're either going to see one very soon or that it'll be ages/never because their excuse will be that it would be too "expected" given the fact that they were called out about it.

"THE NEW NATURAL"...isn't Vogue suppose to lead instead of follow?
I like Freja so i'm happy for her but choosing the most boring look from one of the most boring collection of the SS2015 season?
Maybe they didn't get the memo: no one cares about Gucci anymore..

Review: 220 Pages

VOGUEspy: What To Buy Now (5pgs)
Model: Misha Hart
Photographer: Laurence Ellis
Stylist: Lucy Bower
Hair: Kei Terada
Make-up: Thomas De Kluyver

Past/Present Perfect (8pgs)
Model: Freja Beha Erichsen
Photographer: Alasdair McLellan
Stylist: Francesca Burns
Hair: Anthony Turner
Make-up: Lucia Pica

Be Precise (12pgs)
Model: Julia Bergshoeff
Photographer: Karim Sadli
Stylist: Lucinda Chambers
Hair: Damien Boissinot
Make-up: Christelle Coquette

Natural Wonder (10pgs)
Star: Mia Goth
Photographer: Harley Weir
Stylist: Kate Phelan
Hair: Tina Outen
Make-up: Petros Petrohilos

Art House (6pgs)
Designer: Consuelo Castiglioni
Photographer: Danilo Scarpati

I'm honestly didn't miss her during her break. She hasn't progressed since she left.
I also need to make McLellan go away. His photography is cool at first, breezy sunny orange-y, green field, blue sky but then it gets old really quick.

I'm honestly didn't miss her during her break. She hasn't progressed since she left.
I also need to make McLellan go away. His photography is cool at first, breezy sunny orange-y, green field, blue sky but then it gets old really quick.

Agree with every word, every comma after every word, ALL of it. YES.

Oh no. Look at the shot with the blue jacket. Her face looks so puffy and cheeky! Nothing wrong with the edit as a filler, but as a cover/main its quite weak. January is already such a tough sell, and the review sounds sleep inducing so this isnt helping. As a Freja supporter, I'll still get it.

Wth is that edit?? What was the thinking behind? Let's shoot her next to a stairwell?!

The ed is quite bland, it's like they don't even try. So much reminds me of #OOTD posts on instagram

She looks so gorgeous and young. But agreed, the editorial is quite boring.

Typical Alasdair style,it's boring but Freja looks extremely gorgeous.And about the comments that she hasn't progressed,I would say it's so subjective to say so.

For £2, this wasn't a bad buy, but while I like 70s style and that sort of thing, I am left wondering why the New Year issue is more concerned with retro, instead of looking forward.

Yes, fashion revisits the past for its inspiration, but here, the focus on retro doesn't feel like a case of mixing the old with the new to create a modern fusion, a fresh perspective - it's more like putting on a really familiar pair of jeans that you've owned for a very long time. It's nice, but it's nothing new whatsoever. There was no effort made to lift things beyond a bland reinterpretation of a retro mood.

^ I think its a very good issue. January is usually such a throwaway month for magazines, yet i find the issues have more inspiration, and fun articles to read than the important months!

This one has very nice content.

^ I think its a very good issue. January is usually such a throwaway month for magazines, yet i find the issues have more inspiration, and fun articles to read than the important months!

This one has very nice content.

I too love January and July issues. Maybe because they look fresh after months of the previous season but the edits and articles too seem to pack more bang for your buck. It doesn't hurt that the editors have the pick of the litter I suppose styling wise.

Karim's edit is such a breath of fresh air. For once it's not that raw and the colours pairs actually very well with the setting.

Beautiful ed by Karim! The star of the issue is Mia's ed though. I love everything about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->