UK Vogue October 2024 : Florence Pugh by Venetia Scott

Chioma Nnadi has become the Samira Nasr of British Vogue, and continues to suck the absolute life out of the magazine. Another cover of British Vogue that is lifeless, static, and devoid of energy. I'm just numb... and so unmotivated to renew by subscription come December.

At first glance I thought it was Billie Eilish, everything is so weird in this photo that it didn't do Florence any favors!

This is why I find solace in UK Bazaar, where there's no shame in making everything look beautiful.

The only thing I like about this cover is the door that's slightly ajar, as if a skeleton in the closet is about to make itself known.

"There's no insecurities anymore"... free yourself from formal rules of grammar and the oppression of the correct use of is/are.

if ANYONE had taken this image of me, I would be FURIOUS, let alone putting it on the cover of a Magazine.

She is such an unattractive person at the best of times, let alone this ridiculous get up and filling in the only change to get any type of waist or figure out her with A HUGE HANDBAG!

It had everything to be good, yet almost everything went wrong. What is going on the posing, what is with the hair, what was even the direction here?

All I can see is that huge big which is almost bigger than her under her arm and that strange pose!! What is going.. Why would anyone think this was ok?!

I don't get what Chioma is trying to make this magazine into. What is her overarching vision? Edward's covers (for all of the problems I had within the magazine itself) were often very, very strong. Chioma's UK Vogue has been a mess so far.

Venetia Scott has one aesthetic, 70's retro polaroid, and I usually love it.
She's so much better at shooting men tho. Florence was game I guess, but she was done wrong here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->