Undercover S/S 10 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by classicalbang, Oct 3, 2009.

1. classicalbang

classicalbang shake off your flesh

HQs

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

vogue.co.uk

2. classicalbang

classicalbang shake off your flesh

3. wheneveriwakeup

wheneveriwakeup a hymn to darkness

After s/s 2009, he set the bar incredibly high for himself. This doesn't come close to the brilliance of that collection. It's structured activewear, I guess? The blend of juxtaposed elements is well executed. The color palette is very fresh. I especially love the leather bits and the shoes are something to covet, but the clothes are just so-so for me. They're good and would definitely be great additions to a wardrobe, but as a collection, there's no ineffable magic coming from it. This looks more like a diffusion line than anything else, really...

Thanks for posting, Classicalbang!

#3 wheneveriwakeup, Oct 3, 2009
    Last edited by moderator raymond: Oct 3, 2009
  4. Inaya

Inaya vertebrae by vertebrae

thanks CB for starting the thread!!! :crush:

I love it and how it's in a similar vein to the men's s/s collection. gorgeous :heart:

ETA - @ WiW - he always alternates between whimsical collections and outerwear/sportswear, though. :kiss: he will do a But Beautiful, Guruguru or Grace collection and then liek clockwork, he delivers sportswear one. personally, I die for his outerwear and the pieces are filled with amazing attributes, details, custom materials, etc. I know what you mean on having a different overall vibe but he definitely puts a lot of magic into this stuff as well.

#4 Inaya, Oct 3, 2009
    Last edited by moderator Mae7: Oct 3, 2009
  5. fashionismydrug

fashionismydrug New Member

Honestly the clothes look sellable to me. They look like items that women will have no problem incorporating into their wardrobes.

6. wheneveriwakeup

wheneveriwakeup a hymn to darkness

Thanks for the clarification, Inaya! I am not as familiar with Jun's work as I'd like to be. Never knew the inconsistency was a voluntary move on his part. It all makes sense now. :lol::heart::blush:

7. nyc_art_style

nyc_art_style Active Member

The set reminds me of this Jeff Wall's photograph based on the novel The Invisible Man. The set is so bright and industrial, yet the clothes seem to be very soft and have nature as an inspiration. An odd, but beautiful combination.

source: divus.cz

Attached Files:

8. afterrhours

afterrhours New Member

^a good comparison!
    I like this collection as well. It reminds me a bit of his mens collection this season and everything is very wearable

9. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

i understand what you're saying inaya and i agree with you wholeheartedly that his approach tends to be very contrasting. i mean he does like to mess with people's perceptions. but honestly i think prefer he showing something more idiosyncratic with his mainline. i mean he does do the simple stuff with the 'ism' line. i feel like his approach now is slightly different to what he was doing when making the 'but beautiful..' and 'paper dolls' stuff...i mean it went back and forth but somehow it remained pretty extraordinary.

10. Bidwell

Bidwell New Member

Very nice detailing! A nice balance of fashion and sport along the lines of Y-3
    Thanks Classicalbang.

11. Zazie

Zazie Active Member

He's eased up, and it's fine, it's good to take it easy in this climate.

12. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

As a show it doesn't give me enough thrill but looking at these pieces and imagining them out of context, I wish I could acquire about a half of the collection, they're lovely.. and so different than anything anyone else is doing. :crush:

13. Merveille

Merveille New Member

Ugh, I love this.
    I love when active wear meets fashion.
    Fresh color palette & great separates.
    Very smart collection for the times.

14. Benzo

Benzo Member

I like the colour palette.

15. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

one hopes the pricepoint adjusts downward right along with the creativity presented. if not, this retreat will not improve the bottom line.

16. kiddokiddo

kiddokiddo New Member

I agree wholeheartedly.

17. XxXRedRubYXxX

XxXRedRubYXxX Tobias Funke

When I look at this collection I get Energy vs. Nature and how those two combats work side by side and solely on their own. In the first part of the collection there is obvious energy with the words and numbers on the pieces as if they were electric objects and then the collection eases into nature with the pieces flowing like rivers from night to day with the color palette and as the collection ends it shows how energy (the tops) and nature (the bottoms) collide. It has this structural lightness about it that I love. I know this is not the perfect description but that's what I got from the collection, it's very interesting but does not wow like Spring 2009...I'm still not over that one. Thanks for posting classicalbang! :heart: