Underrated Movies

TheCheekyCritic- I get what you're saying and I can see disliking it if you hold it to that standard or go in with that expectation. I think so much depends on the expectations you have of a movie going in.... I'll ammend my rec to say that if you want a grand, epic, love story, see something else. If you want some fun eye candy you might like it.

Randhrshipper1- I think I saw that movie a long time ago. If my memory serves me right, it was good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frail? Did we see the same movie? Angelina is what made the movie so great to me. Her performance was flawless in Salt.

Her acting was great but the physical action that was so much a part of the movie was impossible to believe her character could pull off when it looked like a strong wind could blow her down. If I'm not mistaken wasn't Salt originally cast as a man (Tom Cruise?) and they did a rewrite to accommodate Angie? Sorry but it didn't work for me. With a woman who looked physically stronger it probably would have though. My opinion. :smile:

To topic here I don't think it was over or underrated. It was a decent movie with some problems and I think the reviews reflected that.

The Collector- I came upon this 1965 movie not long after I'd read the novel of the same name by John Fowles. Anyone who appriciates psychological thrillers needs to see this one. In many ways it's a precurser to stuff like Silence of the Lambs. The colors are beautiful and the soundtrack is almost cheerful which is at odds with the creepy, unsettling story.

I've read this book but never seen the film, I've heard rumours of a remake but would love to see the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->