Une Fille Un Style - Paris Vogue

The first page: (going to do the second one after)
Sorry if there is any mistakes, I did my best!

Natasha Poly

Who said that classic couldn't be Rock'n Roll? The Russian top plays all category style, she operates her revolution and she composes a fresh look, highly recommendable.

A GIRL. Natasha Poly was born in Perm, a small town at the edge of the Urals, not far from Siberia. At 15, she wins a modeling contest, but prefers finish school. At 17, serious stuff can start: for her first season, she enchains Milan and Paris' fashion shows, Alberta Ferreti campaigns and Vogue Paris' cover. Her career is launched. Today she's 21 and lives in New York. She poses and walks fashion elit and her face is an oxymoron: the intensity of her countours imposes a unexpected softness.
A STYLE. Tall, beautiful and racy, let's say that everyting fits her. Her age allows her a lot. She mixes a lot of very chic things (provided that it is comfortable) that she manages to make it trashy. Her wardrobe composition: a vintage base seasoned with Miu Miu, Marc Jacobs and young designers like Atsuro Tayama. Nothing has to look new nor dressed. And the classic (that she likes) is always turned away.
PRINCIPLE. "When I goes shopping, I let the bag hanging several days so it can be crumpled."
DAY. A jean (Diesel or Nobody) or a mid-thigh short on black leggings, a vitage t-shirt, a small leather jacket. Here again, she specifies "nothing has to look new."
NIGHT. "I am an adept of the combination dress/high heels."
SEASON OBSESSION. Her Chanel python boots and sculls. Especially on her McQueen silk scarf that she uses compulsively. "Just to make look cool what's beautiful." A small zero, especially when she mixes it with the ultra-clean cut of her Alessandro Dell'Acqua jacket.
SURE VALUES. Her dresses, often vintage, that she chooses light, long and blurred. She focuses on comfortable fabrics like cotton and doesn't like velvet nor shiny silk. Banned: skinny pieces.
SHOPPING. "What I like is to find an unknown shop where I'm going to find the unique piece."

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this feature still exist?...Anyone? ><

^yep it does and in the October issue it was called "une femme un style".

Photographer Gigi Stoll for VOGUE Paris May 2004
Words by Marie Pointurier

8DD30Yx.jpg

LPXEL9X.jpg

gigistoll.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back