Unicolored Coordination F/W 07.08

MAX MARA F/W 07.08

00110m.jpg
00310m.jpg

00430m.jpg
00420m.jpg

[style]

Excellent Trendspotting!

I kind of like it as long as it's in different shades and fabrics, otherwise it can be too much of the same

I wasnt over enthralled unlike I came to Sonia Rykiel...Irina is a vision of ethereal perfection!

I love love love this idea. Especially when it's not head to toe black. I think it looks very chic but fun at the same time. One, because I am all for mixing colors and patterns. And this is almost ironically boring. But I think to really make this work you have to add a few elements to make it not boring. Because it's a borderline.

If you're gonna go solid color, add some texture in your fabrics. The examples show mixing fur, metal, satin, leather, wool, cotton, jersey, nylon, etc... the combinations of all these things almost gives it another color. It adds the finishing touch to one color outfits.

Great post!

I'm surprised that I actually love this trend. Sonia Rykiel, Preen, and Givenchy (especially Kim Noorda's outfit) top the list :heart:

GREAT EYE!!!

I love it when it plays with texture, I am so going to try it in the fall, even as fast as tomorrow.... I use to avoid monochrome, now I see a new dimension.

^ What I had noticed & been thinking about doing myself is the closely related yet unexpected colors Marc used ... I believe this was in both shows (LV & MJ). I particularly like the melon/cantaloupe shades seen on various runways ... I believe Bottega had some examples of this too.

milk_x_honey. said:
I'm surprised that I actually love this trend.

Me too. It seems to works because the pieces match but most still maintain a loose unstructured feel. Or at least that is where my aversion to matchy-matchy outfits is - too perfect looking.

thanks guys!. :heart:

I agree with couture tribe about the mix of textures being the secret trick to keep this fresh and updated instead of just too retro and 90s..
... and the melon shades mentioned by fashionista, as well as the dark green and nude.. they're one of my favorite picks for this. :wub: .
it seems a little hard to find a pair of shoes and thighs that are exactly the same colour.. but the challenge is greatly welcome. :P

I actually like it, but it depends on the colours and fabrics...

great eye, mullet! :flower:

i don't know if i like that everything is matchy-matchy... :doh:

love this, mainly when i mix different 'tones' from the same 'shade group' as with a bunch of skin/makeup colours or a range of khaki's or fake whites

for me, the trend comes 'up' even better when adding a short but strong accent of vivid contrasting colour, like electric blue, lemon yellow, poppy red or 'brasil' green

joining in the chorus for mullet's excellent trend spotting here :heart:

I have found myself wanting to put all grey outfits together as of late. It definitely has been a strong color for me this year. I think I will continue wearing it into summer from winter and spring. I just need to find some gray shoes, cause all I have is silver, which I guess can work. But besides grey boots, I dont think ive ever seen grey shoes.

PerfectPerfect said:
I have found myself wanting to put all grey outfits together as of late. It definitely has been a strong color for me this year. I think I will continue wearing it into summer from winter and spring. I just need to find some gray shoes, cause all I have is silver, which I guess can work. But besides grey boots, I dont think ive ever seen grey shoes.

Grey shoes are definitely available now :flower: I've had them in the past, and just tried on some Jil Sander. Ended up buying metallic silver instead ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gal4dior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->