Unicolored Coordination F/W 07.08

^ It's true, there's a lot of effort. I have been doing color "themes" for quite a while, and getting various pieces, not even head to toe, in the same tonality is a challenge. Like a few years ago when pink was big for fall ... every darn label did their own pink. Same thing with coral--there were more than you could shake a stick at, some pink, some red. I'm also a believer in wearing separates, and generally don't wear more than one piece from a designer/label at a time, so that adds to the challenge :wink: It can be done though ...

I personaly do not understand why I shouldnt wear like the above*t let's say a nice simple black YSL pants with the
shirt by YSL made to look so good with them?

I loved this look by Milia.. I'm not sure if it's for the upcoming winter season.. or winter 2006.. but I liked the simplicity of the outfit, how it's all in the exact same colour and it looks so effortless in comparison with other 'unicolored' looks. :heart:

milia1ls7.jpg

[iloubnan.com]

really like this.. thanks for the thread Mulletproof
I didn't even notice it but I totally see it now
I love the louis vuitton interpretation of this.. a variety of different and very nice fabrics.. one colour, but one fabric that is really shiny so the colour becomes more intense and in a velvet so the colour looks softer
It's a nice way of creating fashionable outfits but being able to use colour... the same way how it's so easy to make a nice outfit out of blacks or navy, just by varying the shine, dull, textured, dark and light fabrics

Dries van Noten f.w 07 monochrome decoration, closeup
073ga1.jpg

stylezeitgeise

^that's a lovely close up gius :flower:

i honestly did not notice this trend at all! and i came in this thread thinking i'll hate this trend because i find head to toe same color to be boring. but with the different textures i see from alot of the designers, it makes it less boring and really forcus on the texture and the shape of the pieces.

i love this trend.... but the only one i can probbaly pull right out of my own closet is probbaly black...

^ Does an all black look really constitute as 'unicolored coordination'? I thought it was pretty much universal at this pt.

Love the ease of the Milia look, Mulletproof.

Dries is the master of textiles. :heart:

I personaly do not understand why I shouldnt wear like the above*t let's say a nice simple black YSL pants with the
shirt by YSL made to look so good with them?

I don't think anyone said *you* should not :wink:

I personally don't like wearing a label head to toe because it doesn't give me an opportunity for creativity ... I have always felt it benefited the label's bottom line more than it benefited me :lol:

I'm starting to really warm up to the idea of this trend. Love most of the outits posted. :flower:

It's easy to achieve this look when you're working with white, black, or grey but pulling off head-to-toe shades of hot pink as seen on Preen's runway is a lot more challenging, since there's a greater risk of turning out very tacky like the "Elle Woods". However, the movie came out like 6 years ago, so of course all the pink Legally Blonde outfits will seem unfashionable now. I still think Elle Woods looks a thousand times better than Kirsten Dunst - that beige outfit IMO is just...ick. Not chic at all and very unnattractive. I prefer the jewel tones or the more muted colours such as olive or burnt orange, or the beige in Sonia Rykel's show.

I agree with those who suggested adding some really bright, contrasting accessory. I'm picturing something like electro-blue shoes with a toned-down yellow outfit :heart:

I don't think anyone said *you* should not :wink:

I personally don't like wearing a label head to toe because it doesn't give me an opportunity for creativity ... I have always felt it benefited the label's bottom line more than it benefited me :lol:

:woot: You might be very right about that^^^^

I still can not come up with an outfit in my head, so hard to think of one that would look fine in real life except for black.

unicolor can be fabulous but I interpret it more as a unitone trend. tones of one color are classic and understated in the best of cases. its use in design, be it fashion or graphic design creates a sense of balance, simplicity and organization.

This trend is so chic! I really like the Preen grey look - it has interesting cut and shape. The Rick Owen looks are awesome too, with the different textures.

I think with this look, greys, ivory/whites, and black are the easiest to pull off. If done right though, bold colours would look amazing. You'd definitely make a fashion statement. But somehow I cannot imagine myself wearing head to toe fuscia. It'll be hard for me to do it anyway because I don't have that much clothes, let alone the shoes!

Whats so new about this trend? Its been around for ages, know your history!

Unicolored coordination in the 50ties

Unicolored coordination in the 90ties

Unicolored coordination in the year 2000

Proved my point didnt i. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
^Oh my lord! That is beyond the stratosphere of What Not To Wear. My retinas are burning from crass playboy mania taste. The 50s dress being the exception!

^^ Well sure. "There's nothing new under the sun" as the passage goes...

Hoping history yields better examples of this trend than the last two posted :wink:..as I'm sure there is.

I think a pair of black pumps won't hurt the look, so shoes are not a huge must?

Do you think if the makeup is the same color as the outfit would be way too much?

^ I think matching the make-up is too much, bordering on the theatrical. Unicolour can be pretty intense (unless it's grey, beige) so I'd say minimal make-up would look best. Maybe with drab colours like grey, one can even add a pop of colour through make-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gal4dior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->