Uniqlo x Christophe Lemaire

Did anyone buy anything? I got my hands on three of the knits, really happy with the cut and fabrications personally.

The store I visited didn't carry the whole range, in fact, it's a very limited range, but even then I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed.

The belted blazer looked cheap in real life, the white trench (which I understand was meant to be "volume") was huge and clumsy in XS, the only piece that looked like it would work well is the sweater with the squares in front, however it looked unremarkable...

Hate to say it but the Ines de la Fressange looked better.

Hope the other looks live up to the lookbook, but I'm too unimpressed so far to risk ordering online.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the navy hooded coat. It is huge, I wanted the XS but it was gone by the time I got there, and I think my arms are too long for it anyway (the S is barely there). Of course I texted every soul available for a yay or nay consensus :smile:ninja:smile: and yay won so I took it home. I think I'm just not used to the volume.. we'll see, I hate the rain too so a walking tent might as well do the trick....

I didn't care for the knits, but I'm not into knits in general.

The men's lambswool knits started from £29.90. For the price, I really would defy anyone to find anything better to be honest. The shapes are not the most thrilling designs that's for sure, but I'm confident I'll be getting the wear out of them. I ordered the sweatpants online along with the dark green button down shirt, I expect them to be fairly average when they arrive but I liked the styles and again, for £29, I'm not expecting the world from them. The men's cashmere pants were tempting, although I never saw them in person. Barely anything from the collection is on eBay, so I guess that's testament to how limited they must have made it.

I saw 4 female and 4 male mannequins dressed in Uniqlo x Lemaire in Paris and it looked nice enough. Time will tell about the quality, but it seemed to me the same quality as the standard Uniqlo pieces.

I went to Uniqlo Opéra on Friday and it was crazy. The viscose red dress I wanted was out of stock at midday, same thing online they told me. I bought two lambswool sweaters, one for my mother and one for me. They are amazing, it's been a long time I hadn't seen such a beautiful wool. Nice cut, pretty colors and SUPER warm ! I definitely recommand :wink:

I was disappointed with the quality and how the stuff looked in reality. Sure, they have been slightly photoshopped and perfectly steamed for the photos, but still I've seen better for example in the +J collection before. I feel the design was a step too minimal for the quality they can execute. The wool coats were wrinkly, cotton trenches seemed cheap and not crisp enough and wool pants/shirts felt itchy. Even the classic cotton shirts were of too shiny cotton and the collar had no support inside. The only garments worth buying were the knits. They really looked, felt and fit nice. The collection was only up to size L which I felt was on the smaller side, yet everything was sold out already in that size anyway.

sizes are so strange. the outerwear is super big for me (skinny 5.8'' tall). But the knits fit small.
in the end I got a size L of the boat neck sweater and an S of the sweat open shirt

At first I was disappointed with the quality. But then, getting the pieces home and steamed I realized it was because the clothes were packed up in boxes.

In closer inspection I was actually impressed. For both men and women, the details and construction is pretty intense and beautifully done. To give you an example, the seams of the armholes in the men's shirting are bound. The side seams are sewn with french seams. There's really nice details like this throughout the whole collection.

A lot of the fabrics are the same that Uniqlo already uses, but their sewing and tailoring is top notch. The sweaters are fantastic, ordinary Uniqlo yarns knit with the complexity and engineering of Lemaire's mainline.

You're getting a quality here that a lot of contemporary brands (acne, philip lim, a wang) can't even match.

The sizing is WONKY and they don't make large sizes, so it's exclusive even in that regard. But it is rather nice.

I am 5ft9, and around 126 pounds. I want the ecru sweater with the rectangle patterns, but since it's a women's item, I am not sure which size to get? Could you recommend me? I'm worried about the aforementioned wonky sizing.

sizes are so strange. the outerwear is super big for me (skinny 5.8'' tall). But the knits fit small.
in the end I got a size L of the boat neck sweater and an S of the sweat open shirt

If you follow Lemaire's mainline, I think that the oversized outerwear with a more fitted/tailored sweater and pant is a signature of his. So I'd just conclude that's how they want the garments to look on the wearer for this collaboration.

He's coming back for SS16, there'll be a second collection. Also the current collection will restock for Christmas apparently.

Most of the menswear pieces are not Asian-fit...I ended up nothing in store yesterday.

He's coming back for SS16, there'll be a second collection. Also the current collection will restock for Christmas apparently.

Thank GOD! I ended up with some of the long sleeve tees (khaki and black), as well as the duster coat (khaki), and all I can say is that this collaboration blows any collab H&M do out of the water.

For a high street brand, it's so well made, and though I'm a BIT annoyed they're restocking at Christmas (I bought the coat as a deal regarding my Christmas present with my parents), I'm glad that I might be able to pick up a few more pieces! :woot:

I'm actually happy they are restocking for Christmas, especially since Chicago is finally getting a Uniqlo. I wonder if they'll stock the collection before that for the store opening later this month.

The collection's all in the sale on the UK site, not sure internationally.

^ The collection in Paris and on the French online store is on sale now. I went to the store and got a men's coat. It was the last one of its type and color and it was great discount. I was impressed how well-made and luxurious it feel. Even though the fabric is almost the same with Uniqlo standard, colors aside, the clothes look really better than average and, for me, worth invest more than H&M collabs.

Just wondering - is there any press release or coverage mentioning that the collection is indeed returning for christmas / SS'16?

Yes, it was confirmed that the collection will return by Lemaire himself, in an interview with Hypebeast it was stated. I imagine if you Google you'll find several articles about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->