Unleash Your Inner Ancient Greek

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by runner, May 15, 2004.

1. runner

runner .

FT.com

2. Orochian

Orochian New Member

I'd add Kostas Murkudis to the list of promising Greek designers. :flower:

3. ultramarine

ultramarine chaos reigns

Dont forget our very own Lena! :heart:
    *waits for her post*

4. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:woot: thats so great, thanks for posting this article runner, i know all these people very well, some of them are really talented.

my fave Athens based designer at the moment is Vaso Consola (she's part taking in my new project) Apostolos Mitropoulos and Mi-Ro (like me.. they are not included in the article :( )

From Paris based greek designers, Ioannis Guia is THE most talented , i also like Erotokritos.
    In Rome worth mentioning Angelos Bratis who shows at Alta Roma (he was not mentioned either)
    As for Sophia Kokosalaki, i dont think she needs introduction or ...praise ;)

We are currently working on the first ever Athens Fashion Week for October, so you may be hearing more from us pretty soon :flower:

PS: Pavlos Kiriakides should learn his numbers, we are already 45 Greek designers in the Hellenic Designers Council and hopefully we will all show during Athens Fashion Week.

5. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

Besides the tennis,I am definitely tuning in to the opening ceremonies just to see those costumes :woot:

Lena,this must make you very proud all these talents coming about in abundance....do I smell another refreshing brigade?

6. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

the most fresh of all is Mi-Ro (a collaboration between two guys) , NY educated Vaso Konsola has been around for eight years and wild child Apostolos since five.

true, the inaguration ceremony of the Olympic Games is a fashion must due to Sophia's costumes and the much talked artistic direction of choreographer Dimitris Papadimitriou ;)

7. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

now i really want to watch the opening ceremony...can anyone tell me when it is?...thx...

8. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

must be on the 13th of August ...i have to escape the city much earlier :ninja:

9. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

I hope in saying "just",I didn't appear vain and frivolous?? :lol:

I was going to ask you that same question. Will you remain in the rampant city or escaping to a private island? :p

Soft*,I know its begins before the US Open which I believe is indeed early August. I'm sorry but that's the only sport I can sustain attention for...the rest really bore me to tears..haha! :lol:

10. runner

runner .

Thank you Lena for the info.
    I'm looking forward to what you all do.
    Greek designers seem to have lots of elements I like.
    now, Angelos Frentzos becomes the focus of attention here.
    besides, I deeply respect Greek car exterior designers, Andreas Zapatinas ( Fiat Barchetta my friend owned ) and Sotiris Kovos (SC 430).
    they are highly talented as well.

[​IMG]

11. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

scott---i think it's ok to be vain and frivolous sometimes... :p ;)
    sports isn't exactly earth shattering and certainly not going to change the world...if people can get excited about throwing stuff around for a prize or running really really fast...then why can't we enjoy a pretty dress guilt-free... :lol: B)

;)

thx for the info lena... :flower:

nice post runner... :flower:

12. helena

helena Swim Upstream

Lena - I love Erotokritos - especially loved last winters jerseys & skirts (lots of penguins!). Haven't seen much of it for spring though.

13. faust

faust New Member

Yea, it's weird that they didn't mention him. Maybe because they consider him more of a German?

P.S. Colin Farell will play Alexander the Great? They couldn't find anyone better? What a crap pit hollywood has become...

14. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:woot: glad to hear that Angelos Frentzos is finally catching up globally, he graduated from a local design school at the same time as Sophia Kokosalaki,
    and they are close friends. Angelos is based in Milan.
    Havent seen his work for years but i hear he's better in his menswear.

i've thought that Erotokritos is quite wellknown in Japan runner :unsure:
    havent you heard of him?

i'm absolutely escaping Athens during the Olympic games,
    i live by the coast and not so far from some of the water related Olympic venus
    so i think it makes sense ;)

15. maarit

maarit paint it black

Then there will be one Olympic event worth watching :woot:

16. runner

runner .

yes I have, Lena.
    I think Erotokritos is the more popular because Isetan and Seibu ( the major department stores specializing in fashion ) have carried the stuff.
    we can see Angelos Frentzos menswear collection at Beams ( one of my favorite stores in Harajuku district, carrying CCP, Chalayan, Antonio Marras, Raf Simons, Siv Stoldal, Julie Skarland,etc ).
    womenswear at Restir in Ginza district.

now, I need Sophia Kokosalaki for men again.

17. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

i believe both Sophia & Angelos are best in menswear,

thanks on your info on Erotokritos runner,
    i know he sells a lot in Japan, so i wondered,
    i'll pass to him the info of him being popular there, he's such a sweet guy...

maybe i should talk him in starting up a menswear-with-humour line, :innocent:
    he dresses quite well himself :p

18. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

mmm after seeing Troy (sadly for the second time) am definately feeling the need for Greek designers and greek inspired designs. Other than a few bits here and there I am having a hard time finding stuff. It doesn't help I am currently in the middle of nowhere. Lena, you are showing during Greek fashion week non?!! I hope so! I can't wait!! :flower:

19. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

glad you are in the mood for greek fashion mehg, even though Troy made most of us greeks very very upset (due to liberties taken in the actuall historical events and the portray of the greeks as rude etc etc)

as a founding member of the greek designers federation, i'm very deeply involved with the organisation of Athens Fashion Week .. but my new project is not fit for 'catwalk' which is not my style anyway, i'm more thinking of an instalation, projections, art videos etcetc

plus, i just accepted to art direct the catwalk shows of two fellow designers ;)

ps we are trying to built up a Federation website so you will be kept updated :flower:

20. runner

runner .

great!

I found Angelos Frentzos recent collection.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]