Versace Resort 2013

fierceboi

Reaction score
“Rockmantic” is the word Donatella Versace coined for her strong resort collection, which was centered around tailoring and a colorful new print that combined guitars, flowers, heels, Baroque elements and Greek stripes. The designer also found inspiration in Milan’s Memphis style, the revolutionary Italian design movement founded in the Eighties. Thus a black leather zipped jacket and matching miniskirt were whipstitched with neon yellow hearts and lightning bolts, while an oversize silk shirt, worn as a dress, and a cotton panama jacket both featured pink-gold snaps in the shape of the house’s iconic Medusa head. When open, they added cool, asymmetric shapes to the looks.

WWD

Attachments

• versace01.jpg
    versace01.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 28
  • versace02.jpg
    versace02.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 32
  • versace03.jpg
    versace03.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 27
  • versace04.jpg
    versace04.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 28
  • versace05.jpg
    versace05.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 19
Gosh, Versace sucks so bad now. To think in 2007 this used to be my favorite brand. SMH. :cry:

Hm, mixed feelings yet but it´s better to wait for the whole collection. Normally it looks better.
I like the 2nd Look- kind of.

001m.jpg
002m.jpg

003m.jpg
004m.jpg

005m.jpg
006m.jpg

007m.jpg
008m.jpg

009m.jpg
010m.jpg

style

Very late 80's/early 90's. None of it seems retro though, but the shoes look wearable at least.

later pics showing more of the collection brings it back in line. the min dresses are pretty. even the printed mini paired with the jacket looks decent. I guess it's only when it's used in the jumpsuit does it look odd.

I think I really love the collection. It's great, retro without looking like it's straigh from the time machine. Serious Joan Jett vibes.

I like it, the way it's styled is questionable but each individual piece has potential.

This looks like Versace for H&M Part 2. Designers should really think carefully before using such a vibrant pink. A shade like that can severely cheapen a look.

Just as i said, we always have to wait to see the full thing.
I do like it, really much.
Great print, lovely dresses.- now it makes me now even more curious about the upcoming ready to wear collection in September.

This has Versus written all over it. Seriously, this is so what Versus used to be about.

Glad to see somebody is still doing 90's trash now that balenciaga is cleaning up their look

Minidresses are so similar to those studded SS12 ones
Love the shoes though

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->