US Elle August 2012 : Katie Holmes by Carter Smith

Mad4Katie

Reaction score

via Katie Holmes Daily - katiehonline.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh she looks stunning, i know this was done way before the divorce announcement, but she does indeed look like a new woman, i like the confidence here. The text is bad though, but that could be their sub cover?

Best seller or not this is their best cover this year. Its very ELLE but very edgy on the same time. Great way to show the new Kate!

I think that may be the subs cover. It's a very fierce cover and a lot better than all of Elle's previous efforts with her.

I love the way she looks. Love the bangs.

love it! she looks smashing and i kinda like the text replacement

bigger preview

tumblr_m6os11zm5Y1r70toco1_1280.jpg

source: same as above, edited by me

Timing seems very calculated but nonetheless this is a very nice cover!

she is so sexy on the cover..I can't wait for the other pictures..

Elle has hit the jackpot with this one..I'm sure it will sell like warm bread on the newsstand. As for the cove ritself it's very Elle but with a little twist.

The Editor-in-Chief of Elle is officially the new president of the F*cking Lucky Club.

katie-elle-300.jpg
via Katie Holmes Daily - katiehonline.com

When Katie Holmes spoke to Elle for the magazine's August issue, she was about six weeks away from filing for divorce from Tom Cruise – and may have hinted at her decision to end her five-year marriage.

"He has been Tom Cruise for 30 years," she said, when asked about her husband. "I know who I am and where I am and where I want to go, so I want to focus on that."

And that, according to the actress, did not mean identifying herself as Mrs. Tom Cruise to get ahead. "Things are not handed to anyone," she told the magazine, on stands July 17. "If anything, you work a little bit harder when you’re in such visible circumstances."

Holmes, who stunned her fans and blindsided Cruise by filing for divorce last week, explains that when she was in her 20s, "It's like you’re trying too hard to figure everything out." (Holmes began dating Cruise when she was 26.) Now 33, her attitude has changed.

"I definitely feel much more comfortable in my own skin. I feel sexier," she says. "I'm starting to come into my own. It's like a new phase."

Last edited by a moderator:
I lve how ELLE are pretty much claiming that they caused their Divorce....Haha. AMAZING.

Elle's best cover since.. I can't even remember. The overall appearance of Katie here, is brilliant. But American Elle have about 3 covers floating around each month, why? The one downside the cover has is the horrendous shading around Kate's breasts.

Talk about hitting the jackpot....the people over at Elle must be pretty chuffed with themselves at this point.:ninja:

This is a very striking cover, I’ve always thought of her as being very photogenic.

...Is anybody else getting slight flashbacks from Jessica Albas cover in ’09?

lovely and simple. :heart: katie looks good

lol @ divorcing katie being on the cover, this issue is gonna be sold out so quickly :lol:

The Editor-in-Chief of Elle is officially the new president of the F*cking Lucky Club.

I know right? All I see on the cover is $$$. I wish there was a live feed of the ELLE offices once the divorce news hit, celebration overload.

But regardless of the events, it's a very nice cover. Katie looks good and I don't mind the angle of the text even if it does remind me a bit of Esquire's covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FR758
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->