US Elle December 2014 : Rihanna by Paola Kudacki

In my opinion everything is wrong here. The worst is this hairstyle. Styling and grey background doesn't help too.

I for one LOVE her hair. Love the shoot. She's one of the most photogenic people ever. Can't wait to get this in the mail. :buzz:

This seems so unrecent. Like Rihanna from 2009.

She looks gorgeous and I don't mind the hair, but am I the only one who hates the Atelier Versace gown/t-shirt/leotard hybrid they put her in?

Horriffic.

The end.

That sums up the cover, imo. What is she even wearing here?? Her editorial is much better. They could've included that Valentino red heart dress.
I'm very glad Elle US is sticking with Paola, but I just hope it doesn't mean we'll be getting gray backed covers month after month.

Does Rihanna actually sell as many magazine issues as she sells albums? I find her someone really interesting to watch (I like the cover!), but I am wondering the reason why she has been on the cover of every relevant fashion magazine in the USA this year.

Does Rihanna actually sell as many magazine issues as she sells albums? I find her someone really interesting to watch (I like the cover!), but I am wondering the reason why she has been on the cover of every relevant fashion magazine in the USA this year.

You'd think with the amount of fans she has any cover of hers will sell out. Sadly her past covers did not sell very well(we've yet to see how her Vogue cover fared this year). Taylor Swift is also another well known mediocre newsstand performer, but perhaps with her new mature image she will improve. Katy Perry tanked for Vogue, but did ok for Elle and Bazaar. So in the end I think it all boils down to how relevant they are to the respective magazines' audience. Probably the newest trend is to give them more 'safer' months such as March, Sept and December.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Her Vogue cover was the worst selling March issue in years according to Audit Media, but i hope WWD puts out the actual numbers to see if she really bombed that hard. If she can't sell, its actually very shocking. (given her huge fan base)

'LOVE HER MADLY'
Ph: Nagi Sakai
Styling: David Vandewal

streeters.com

"The Big Reveal"
Rihanna by Paola Kudacki
Styled by Lori Goldstein

magazinesdownload.com

"Heavy Metal"
Photos: Jan Welters
Stylist: Vanessa Chow
Hair: Kevin Ryan
Makeup: Kaoru Okubo
Model: Allie Lewis

same source

"Sister Act"
Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen by Thomas Whiteside

same source

I don't mind the cover story. It's actually good but they basically did the exact thing vogue did with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->