US Elle June 2010 : Kristen Stewart by Carter Smith

Absolutely don't like this. She looks boy-ish here.

I like the cover, I´m glad they put her in pants in which she usually is comfortable. They didn´t try to make her girly and glam but they succeeded in making her pretty and chic, imo. Also, this is something that I could picture her wearing in real life, so I can relate to these clothes on her. Anyway, I can only talk about the cover cause it´s the only image we have, I´d like to see her ed and the models ones :smile:

Noooooo.... Don't tell me this! Why did they have to buy into this Twilight nonsense?

^the same way they buy the whole "celeb promoting their new movie/album" business every month. When was the last time they have a model on their cover? a model-model not a model turned celeb...

In this economy a mag like ELLE will only use celebs because they sell. It's still a business after all. I would prefer more models too but a lot of people still buy a mag because Taylor Swift, Jennifer Aniston or in this case "the twilight chick" is on it.

How is it possible to go seven years without featuring a model on the cover? Even Glamour has had models on their covers (infact they have three on their newest cover), so has Vogue as well Teen Vogue (if you want to get into the whole teen mags business..). Who ever is incharge of Elle ought to make some serious changes to who they put on the cover.

Perhaps they simply don't care for models? If they've gone seven years without using them then I imagine it's probably the case, they're more interested in featuring celebrities. Probably because they're a safer bet when it comes to sales.

Either way it must be working for it, isn't Elle still the best selling monthly fashion magazine in the US?

Oh, I don't see the problem with this cover to be honest.

Yes everyone wants her to happen in fashion and she obviously doesn't wants to, but this is by far the most fitting style I have ever seen her in, just simple and nothing too girly that doesn't fits her, and with Elle you could have expected more glamour but no they put her in shorts? and a tank and she looks good, it finally works for her.

I hope the ed goes with that line too maybe she'll look more confortable in it.

Call me a Kristen Stewart hater, but I'm going to leave this issue on the newsstands solely on this information.

Apart from their celebrity features, US Elle has had little to recommend itself for quite some time now -- if that, considering their recent line-up of cover stars. Carter Smith, as a photographer, in particular only makes me sleepzzzzzzzzzz... Though at the same time, at least the mediocrity is reflected in the price tag.

Considering Kristen Stewart's "style" and personality (neither of which I am a fan) and US Elle's recent CV, though, I see no reason to pick up this issue. I can smell the dishonesty of dressing her up all the way here (this being criticism of Elle, not so much Stewart, who can hardly be blamed for promoting a film in a magazine). I bet this'll be a huge seller, but just as with Avatar, my pennies won't be leaving my pocket.

Regarding this cover, though, this is a fair point:

Yes everyone wants her to happen in fashion and she obviously doesn't wants to, but this is by far the most fitting style I have ever seen her in, just simple and nothing too girly that doesn't fits her

And let's face it, just about anything would've been an improvement from last month. :doh:

i agree, TheCheekyCritic, elle has got to be the most mediocre us fashion mag on the stands right now. its the same old thing, month in and month out. the edits all have the same sort of look, the celebs all spout the same bs in their interviews, and far too many health and sex articles for a fashion magazine, in my opinion anyways.

as for kirsten, i knew she was gonna be all over the place yet again this summer. she gets far, far too much media attention. don't punish the normal people, its not our fault that the crazy twilight fans will buy multiple copies of any magazine you stick her on!

How people can say Elle US is the most mediocre magazine is boggling. Their editorials and articles in general have gotten so much better in the last 2 years. So many of their editorials are stunning and Elle March 2009 was my most favorite Elle ever, every editorial was living perfection.

Please, Dont just base an entire issue solely on the cover, especially when its always a celebrity, there is more to a magazine than just a cover.

Having that said, I dont care too much for Kristen and this cover isn't that great, but really, when are the news stand covers ever any good? I want to see the subscriber's cover! I hope I get this one soon.

Photo: Carter Smith; Styled by Joe Zee

hireswlkristen006a.jpg

hireswlkristen0050a.jpg

hireswlkristen002a.jpg

el0610usaindex.jpg

Kristen Stewart

ELLE’s June cover girl on relationships, privacy, and her critics

On the madness that has become her life: “It’s insane! Once somebody finds out, you have to get the hell out of wherever you are. People freak out. And the photographers, they’re vicious. They’re mean. They’re like thugs. I don’t event want to drive around by myself anymore. It’s ****ing dangerous.”

On her loss of privacy: “Somebody knocked on my hotel room door and asked for a light, then said that they were a big fan. I was like, ‘Do you really need me to light your cigarette? How do you know what room I’m in?’ I can’t be by myself and I like being by myself.”

On criticism of her public manner: “I think it’s funny that when I go onstage to accept an award, they think I’m nervous, uncomfortable, and awkward—and I am—but those are bad words for them.”

On her red-carpet demeanor: “People say that I’m miserable all the time. It’s not that I’m miserable, it’s just that somebody’s yelling at me…I literally, sometimes, have to keep myself from crying…It’s a physical reaction to the energy that’s thrown at you.”

On caring: “I hate it when they say I don’t give a ****, because nobody cares more than I do. I’m telling you I don’t know anybody who does this that gives a **** more than I do.”

On Team Edward vs. Team Jacob: “I would never cheapen my relationships by talking about them. People say, ‘Just say who you’re dating. Then people will stop being so ravenous about it.’ It’s like, No they won’t! They’ll ask for specifics.”
elle.com

BTS Video: http://elletv.elle.com/video/83149292001/pop-culture/cover-shoots/kristen-stewart-june-2010

I would hardly consider US Elle to be mediocre.. right now, Vogue Paris is mediocre, Harper's Bazaar US is mediocre, Love is mediocre, Nylon is.. well, Nylon and US Elle seems to be on a completely different sea of priorities, they've been consistent and optimistic in their content for a couple of years now, they don't seem to be feeding up the reader with junk or gimmicks just to move on to the next edition or get talked about.. I subscribed to this magazine out of boredom and a tight budget last year (it was free) and then I left home and when I went back, I remember going carefully through the issues that had piled over my bed during all these months, I wasn't looking at them with the kind of demanding eye one can develop here at tFS as part of the anticipation and high expectations, they were already old.. and anyway, I was so delighted by the content, it was fresh, unpretentious, light-hearted but still purely about style, their stories weren't about the newest model or 'the look' or a controversial subject and they still managed to capture style and beauty with an honesty that's very rare in magazines these days.. of course it isn't AnOther or Encens by any means, it will never be, but if you look at Elle for what it is, a magazine that is commercial and not avant-garde, that isn't fundamentally about elitism or a certain kind of reader, that is meant to reach a wider crowd via Walmart-friendly cover faces and yet for all this 'theoric' mundanity, they still manage to take risks and collaborate with people not even your praised magazines with an edgier reputation and thirst for provocation do, I say Elle is very much on the right track, they don't sacrifice just to be ahead but their inspirations and aspirations are clear and alive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->