US Elle November 2009 : Katie Holmes by Richard Bailey

they all look sexy and beautiful! This looks like a promising issue for Elle!

Katie is channeling Ashlee Simpson on the cover.
Love the other women's covers though!

I like Katie's cover. She looks beautiful. Also like Zoe's cover. Others isn't proper pictures to be on the cover IMO.

The subscriber covers are superior to Katie's (why is she on the newsstand cover over Julianne or Renee??)
My favorite is Zoe's, she just looks so statuesque and fresh

I think as far as US Elle covers go, the Katie one isn't a bad cover, although I wish her hands were on her hips or something and not behind her - but it all sort of pales in comparison when you see the lovely subscriber's covers.

The Katie cover looks boring. Bland. The subscriber covers are divine though. :heart:

The cover is BORING! What a terrible follow up to that WONDERFUL VB cover. It's like some text were missing.

The subscribers covers are WOW! Julianne's, for me, stands out the most! Love them all though!

*Seems like ELLE is putting more effort on their subs cover than newsstands cover

bigger pic:
katie-holmes-elle-november2009.jpg

celebcity

I think she looks amazing.

I'm really like Emily Blunt and Zoe Saldana covers

Why oh why did they pick Katie Holmes for the cover? Because she's the bigger star, of course (did I just answer my own question? :lol:).

But really, it annoys me. Julianne, Renée, Zoe and Emily's covers were so much better! I especially loved Emily's. It was the same issue for AnOther Magazine. Four covers for four celebrities representing the decade in style, and they pick Katie Holmes!

Why oh why did they pick Katie Holmes for the cover? Because she's the bigger star, of course (did I just answer my own question? :lol:).

But really, it annoys me. Julianne, Renée, Zoe and Emily's covers were so much better! I especially loved Emily's. It was the same issue for AnOther Magazine. Four covers for four celebrities representing the decade in style, and they pick Katie Holmes!
I know what you mean, and i actually agree, but you cant deny that she is a very high profiled celebrity that will shift copies, and that is every editors goal. These covers are a perfect example of how magazines go for a face (read; name!) that will sell over someone else that is guaranteed to bring something more creative to the table, sad, but its business.

I really don't like her pose on the cover at all. She looks like she has something to hide, its off-putting.
Emily Blunt's cover is gorgeous, I love the colours and her expression.

If I bought that magazine, I would have a hard time resisting the urge to pick up my pens and draw in some accessories.

She looks like she's got a surprise for us. Now I've become suspicious of her. I don't like surprises. She has a look in her eye, like it won't be nice.
:lol:Either that or she's handcuffed:unsure:

Some people are funny in this forum WHY IS SHE ON THE COVER ? i'm going to answer, Some people seem to forget that she is an actress, I would like to bring it back to your memory.
She’s in an upcoming movie opposite John C. Reilly and Kevin Kline titled The Extra Man
Katie Holmes will star in a thriller written by spooky creep-master Guillermo del Toro titled Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark. The director is comic book artist Troy Nixey, whom Variety deems Del Toro’s “protégé

I love Julianne's cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->