US Elle November 2018 : The 'Women In Hollywood' Issue

Lady Gaga looks totally like Lili Rochefort from Tekken series :D

Why on earth didn’t Lupita and Angela have a solo cover?

Lady Gaga is giving me Poker Face / Just Dance / The Fame era. I like it. Though, the hair... didn’t we just get full bangs from Selena?

Charlize’s cover is STUNNING! Glamorous, elegant, gorgeous. Sarah Paulson is always a treat.

All covers are nice, but they’re always too much?

HEY NINA, here’s a Tip! Since Vanity Fair is under new direction now, you can GRAB the HOLLYWOOD GROUP cover concept and use it for your WOMEN IN HOLLYWOOD covers. You can produce stunning covers, and will surely excel on a group cover. Thus, no need for too much of covers

Nina Garcia should've just ran with the Lady Gaga cover and called it a day on the whole 'Women in Hollywood' issue. Gaga's is definitely the better cover (the one in #1 at least) out the bunch, and that Danai Gurira, Lupita Nyong'o and Angela Bassett cover is simply horrific.

My pet peeve is when magazines produce multi-covers and none of them are coherent with one another. A total flop and missed opportunity from American Elle this month, IMO!

This is a complete turn around compared to Vogue for this month. Every single cover is very decent, but I think they nailed it Charlize Theron's and Lady Gaga's. I was always fond of Zoey Grossman's work and I think her work with Charlize is possibly one of her best.

Whoa, all these covers and eds are amazing! Each one of the women were perfectly captured, amazing styling! Much better than anything i've seen on Vogue recently...

But I gotta admit, Ronan kinda stole the show for me lol. Not only a hero in today's society, but also such a stud. :wub: Bless those Sinatra genes.

A lot of nice shots - but so many covers!

Makes me think that, one day in the near future, we'll end up with an issue of a magazine that's just entirely 'cover shots' - a bit like that Vogue Paris editorial - produced by some edition that's trying to be conceptual.

Charlize's cover is the strongest amongst all of them! Also Gaga needs to rehire Nicola indefinitely. They are such a force in fashion styling!

Keira’s first editorial image should have been the cover rather than the actual choice in my eyes but that being said, this is genuinely one of the best multi cover issues Elle has done in a long time. Strong mix and nice imagery all round.

Having seen A Star Is Born last night I’m all for this second coming of Gaga. She can wear actual, real, tangible fashion so well and photograph amazingly. If the magazines choose to let her.

Gaga is wearing a Marc Jacobs for Perry Ellis SS '93 look on the second cover, so fabulous.

Got this in the mail today. 230 pages.

Review:

Lady Gaga
P: Ruth Hogben and Andrea Gelardin
S: Nicola Formichetti, Tome Eerebout, Sandra Amador

Charlize Theron
P: Zoey Grosman
S: Leslie Fremar

Mia Farrow
P: Sebastian Kim
S: Charles Varenne

Lupita, Danai, and Angela
P: Katja Rahlwes
S: Anna Trevelyan

Yara Shahidi
P: Alex Franco
S: Gillian Wilkin

Keira Knightley
P: David Bailey
S: Leith Clark

Shonda Rhimes
P: Zoey Grossman
S: Alison Edmond

Sarah Paulson
P: Zoey Grossman
S: Leslie Fremar

"Young Hollywood"
P: Paola Kudacki
S: Charles Varenne
Sasha Lane, Laura Harrier, Kiki Layne, Kelsey Asbille, Kathryn Newton

Articles/interviews: Country Music and Time's Up, Rachel Bloom, Anita Hill, and the very next page "The Good Soldier" Lara Trump

half the images are not in the final issue, such a waste :( a lot of the "covers" are not covers at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->