US Elle October 2020 : BLACKPINK by Kim Hee June

I'm glad to see a K-Pop group on the cover a well-known Western magazine since
it continues to promote diversity in fashion without being too political or pretentious.
The main cover is decent. My eyes immediately went Jisoo as she is, in my opinion,
the most attractive out of the group. On the other hand, Jennie's solo portrait is stunning,
hands down.

I'm excited to see what these look like in print. I'm pretty sure that this will be
one of their best-selling issues this year.

"The Biggest Girl Group in the World" is such a western thing to say.

Basic styling. They could've done a lot with them, but Nina chose to be this basic.

Absolutely stunning!!! I also love the fact that they choose a Korean photographer.

Nice and simple, well styled, and well shot. I didn't expect korean pop on a US cover even if they rising in popularity in the US.

I like the composition of the group cover. But the girls aren’t giving me anything.

Are they really that big and popular?? I mean these girls don't even have a proper album after five years, but the company surely know where to spend the money

Last edited:
Wake me up when all this is over.
I wonder if the cover will sell for Elle. It's not the like 10/20 years ago when tweens still collected magazines purely for their scrapbooks. Everything is online, including the full editorial eventually. So would their Gen Z fanbase rush to buy hard copies? Maybe if they add a poster, I'm sure.

Wake me up when all this is over.
I wonder if the cover will sell for Elle. It's not the like 10/20 years ago when tweens still collected magazines purely for their scrapbooks. Everything is online, including the full editorial eventually. So would their Gen Z fanbase rush to buy hard copies? Maybe if they add a poster, I'm sure.

You must not know K-pop stans lol...

You must not know K-pop stans lol...

What I see in the comment section of Twitter, YT and IG do give me some idea, lol. They're like Twi-hards on roids.
And I can get that to a degree if they're tweens. It's the consenting adults who go gaga over teenybopper tunes, saccharine visuals, and tame suggestive poses, that's what baffles me.
We've just gotten rid of the Kardashians dumbing down pop culture for well over a decade and here we have their replacement already.

I thought Elle was a fashion magazine and not a music review, ridiculous cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waldzios
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->