US Elle September 2005 : Jennifer Lopez

Thank you OriginalSin. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
okay, I am no designer but don't magazine covers function in a similar way to billboards? Aren't they supposed to make you want to see more? This cover is like a junior high school presentation or something. Maybe the design team had way too many triple espressos.
Instead of tantalizing the eye, it is overloaded and distracted by too many elements – this hodgepodge gives me a headache.

I actually like JLo on this cover... I think she looks gorg in mint green. I dig it.

Holy flippin bejesus.... what the heck is going on (or actually not going on) on that cover. 11 articles are spotlighted on that cover in a mess that makes my hear hurt looking at it

...and JLO looks awful... WAY TOO MUCH Airbrushing and/or Botox because her face looks like it was chesled in marble and if she moves it would be break

Whoa, all I had to do was glimpse at that cover and the first thing I thought was that it is waaaaaaaaaay too busy...glad to see I'm not the only one who thought so...

However, I actually like Jennifer Lopez on the cover, I think she looks pretty and I like the dress on her.

And OriginalSin those pics of the Adrian Lima editorial are great!!! She looks so beautiful in them, thanks!

But the amount of writing on the cover...that's like some kind of seriously unfunny joke...

review of Sept. US Elle

cover: jennifer lopez in armani by gilles bensimon

ads:
lancome 4 pg. foldout
ralph lauren collection 2 pg.
gucci 2 pg. (solange)
saks 2 pg. (bianca in balenciaga)
dior 4 pg.
emporio armani 2 pg.
vuitton 4 pg.
calvin klein collection 4 pg. (natalia)
guess 2 pg.
ysl 2 pg.
ebel 1 pg.
chanel 4 pg.
bottega veneta 2 pg.
prada 2 pg.
donna karan 3 pg.
d&g 2 pg.
burberry prorsum 2 pg.
versace 2 pg.
tod's 2 pg. (polina k.)
jones ny 2 pg. (karolina k.)
max mara 2 pg.
bulgari 1 pg. (stam)
blumarine 2 pg.
damiani 1 pg. (gwyneth paltrow)
kenzie/kenzie girl/mac and jac 12 pg. insert
pianegonda 1 pg.
cacharel promesse perfume 1 pg. (latiticia casta)
miu miu 2 pg. (evan rachel wood, selma blair)
anne klein 2 pg.
jil sander 2 pg.
marc jacobs 2 pg.
island michael kors 2 pg.
just cavalli 2 pg.
chloe 4 pg. (missy rayder + 1)
escada 2 pg. (hana, marija, caroline t., karen elson, julia, liya in red)
bcbg 2 pg.
banana republic 3 pg.
diesel 2 pg.
isaac mizrahi for target 2 pg. (kiara, hannelore)
hermes 1 pg. (raquel zimmerman)
ports 2 pg.
maxstudio.com 2 pg.
nine west 4 pg.
etro 2 pg.
moschino cheap and chic 2 pg.
oscar de la renta 1 pg.
boss hugo boss 4 pg.
fendi 6 pg.
salvatore ferragamo 2 pg.
david yurman 1 pg. (daria)
charles david 2 pg.
bally 1 pg.
carolina herrera 2 pg. (nataliya gotysii)
alessandro dell'acqua 2 pg.
custo barcelona 2 pg.
valentino 1 pg. (elise!)
baby phat 2 pg.
aldo fights aids 2 pg. (salma hayek, christina aquilera)
lacoste 2 pg.
alberta ferretti 1 pg.
missoni 4 pg.
stella mccartney 1 pg.
jimmy choo 1 pg. (anja)
benetton 2 pg.
oakley 2 pg. (ana beatriz barros)
kate spade 2 pg.
max and co. 2 pg. (hannelore)
lanvin 1 pg. (lily donaldson)
miss sixty 2 pg. (asia argento)
bebe 4 pg. (susan eldridge)
aV adrienne vittadini 4 pg. (maja)
strenesse 1 pg. (diana dondoe)
ungaro 1 pg. (anja)
longchamp 1 pg. (shannan click)
shiseido the makeup 1 pg. (anouck)
fur sure 4 pg. fur insert (margherita missoni)
chanel makeup 1 pg. (michelle buswell)

eds:
"j.lo gets right" by gilles bensimon. she looks good in the pics...not too glammed up, and not out of her element. she wears looks from her sweetface line:

00260m.jpg
00250m.jpg
00140m.jpg

plus these looks from oscar de la renta and dior

00430m.jpg
00230m.jpg
00500m.jpg

"luxe life" by carlyne cerf de dudzeele. adriana lima in velvets, brocades, sequins and furs. i mean, she's gorgeous, so... the best pic is her in a balenciaga coat from the first exit.

"new originals" by gilles bensimon. unknown blonde mixing high and low...a weekend max mara trench over a commes dress, a dior shearling over guess jeans, a carolina herrera dress and chanel vest over armani exchange jeans (although i thought the whole "dress over jeans" thing was, well over).

"neo mod" by ruven afanador. another unknown blonde takes on the mod trend, wearing dior, dolce & gabbana, balenciaga, calvin klein and chanel.

"eastern front" by sylvie lancerenon. ana mihajlovic in moscow in the eastern european influenced collections.

"personal assets" 2 pgs on ralph lauren's latest accessories collection

"the finest hour" by gilles bensimon. 2 models show off the latest bling in watches and jewelry.

"after hours" by manuela pavesi. liliana dominguez in furs.

"orient express" by sylvie lancrenon. unknown brunette in more of the eastern european boho looks prevalent on the runways.

"anna magnetism" by gilles bensimon. profile of anna mouglalis wearing all chanel.

"under cover" by ruven afanador. another blonde in the top coats for fall.

"the lightness of being" by yariv milchan. maja l. in the best of knitwear.

also:
"the elle 25," the best in film (the stars of rent & memoirs of a geisha, peter sarsgaard), fashion (edun), music (karen o.), and more

elle shops fall fashion styleguide: the best of everything in all price ranges

profile of designer derek lam

plus everything else you see on the cover. :rolleyes:

verdict chock full of ads and eds, this is really a great elle issue. there's a good mix of unknown/new and older models, lots of good features, and a great shopping section.

Jennifer's pics...
http://www.***************/image/2005/0804200514544587.jpg
http://www.***************/image/2005/0804200514545124.jpg
http://www.***************/image/2005/0804200514545874.jpg
http://www.***************/image/2005/0804200514550414.jpg
http://www.***************/image/2005/0804200514551023.jpg
http://www.***************/image/2005/0804200514552115.jpg

I like the last 2 pictures. I quite like her on the cover aswell.

Thanks everyone for the pics:flower:

is it J. Lo on the cover?!
to be honest,the cover isn't attrative... :cry:

BTW, look at her boobs (on the cover). I hate when magazines make boobs look like that. Like they either do some stupid shadowing affect with makeup or they go back and airbrush them to make them look... something. It's so cartoonish looking.

Yeah, too much writing, but otherwise a great cover...would've been cool with a different color background also.

i don't like this one at all... it'll take my a while to work my way through reading it. so far have not seen anything extraordinary and the ads weren't newer or anything. i expect more from sept. magazines :flower:

I actually was a little disappointed by the shopping section. too little pieces and too little inspiration. Some of the stories are worth reading though (I like the one with the hair stylist talking about her clients)...they photoshoped JLo's pix too much...on the picture with her having the mini skirt on, the legs look wrong to me. Just compare with the candid pictures and you'll know what I mean.

There is no way in hell her legs are truly that thin. I flipped through this mag while waiting in line at the store today...it was awful. The editorials are horrible!

the cover couldnt hav been bad if it wasnt for the words and maybe the pose. the ed on the other hand is not to applealing maybe the photo where she is in the green top and a blazer.
adriana looks good and taller than she usually does

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->