US Harper’s Bazaar August 2021 : Gigi Hadid by Collier Schorr

Come on, this is an especially bad execution of a generic idea/style. Poor Gigi looks like she passed away several days before this was shot. It’s not just boring and uninspired, it’s *awful*

Good for you if you’re still expecting them to make an effort. I’ve resigned this era to the lowest of standards— especially from Collier. I don’t find it exceptionally awful as you do: Just a typically, forgettably bland nothingness that has now been staples in all the rags from Italian Vogue to GQ nowadays. However, if you find this the worst of the worst— then maybe Collier has exceeded and succeeded beyond your expectations… (If it’s even possible for her to produce anything worse than she’s been already doing…)

(A decade ago, a nameless model agency wouldn’t even consider this slop for use as polaroids/digitals for their new recruits. In 2021, it’s a feature fashion story in Bazaar with a top model LOOOL)

This is extremely boring and not in a good way....i miss those days when boring was cool, which, evidently, it's not the case. Anyway, let's see what september delivers...

(A decade ago, a nameless model agency wouldn’t even consider this slop for use as polaroids/digitals for their new recruits. In 2021, it’s a feature fashion story in Bazaar with a top model LOOOL)
Oh, man...you're making me remember those old Paul Rowland polaroids in the early days of Supreme...what a different time.

To me, French Vanity Fair makes most of their cover subjects look like a dishevelled mess, but somehow it suits that publication - styling like that doesn't suit US Bazaar at all.

They do indeed, and I also don't have an issue with it. Because it's so French it's authentic, an aesthetic is not being forced on them.
With this edition, not so much.

I believe they did this to sabotage Gigi’s career on purpose. It is so bad it is iconic in some ways.

Oh my, this is the worst editorial I have seen in a long time... what was everyone involved thinking?

Okay, but did you see the slick hair ones?? :lol: I'm sorry, but those are ten thousand times worse! I just saw them and laughed.
where she's dressed as a "boy" right? cause I laughed at these!.. whoever came up with that: such a profound vision of ~chameleonic~ modeling haha 'let's show her versatility and have her in one shot with just jeans and a white tank, and then as *gasp* a boy, Gigi can do it, she's today's Linda" :lol:.. the reality is that no, she can't do it, what is that last shot in the black suit.. was the intent to make her look commanding or.. Lindbergh-esque lol? cause she looks like a 20 year old Geico agent who calls himself an entrepreneur and wishes he wasn't 5'1 and 110 lbs so he dresses for all of that.

I actually kind of like her round face (bit rounder post-pregnancy but I don't mind!), but in her attempt to be 'selective' or control the stories she's in, she's doing these super simple, studio ones that are not helping her at all.. she has such tiny range and the less elements are involved, the more that's magnified.

Oh, man...you're making me remember those old Paul Rowland polaroids in the early days of Supreme...what a different time.

Paul is a tidal of talent. Collier lucked out and suckered the industry with a gender-identity gimmick— as many many many of the so-called “new guard” also have.

I believe they did this to sabotage Gigi’s career on purpose. It is so bad it is iconic in some ways.

LOL If there is a conspiracy to take down Gigi— then it must also be happening to all the models as well, cuz this generation of photographers are an absolutely joke: Devoid not only of creativity, but the basic prerequisite technical skills as well.

(The masses will praise this shoot as brave, authentic-- and Gigi will get her commoner's creds.)

Last edited:
I think along with her March US Vogue cover that is total wrong is her hair color! She needs to be either beach blonde or go a lot darker brown. Because this drab brown hair makes her look tired and dirty a bit!

I don't mind that cover that much but the editorial is really basic. That would require a very strong print model like Luna Bijl or Kristina Krigaite

as a long time fan I can easily say I have never seen someone decline so badly, this is by far her worst editorial but it’s not far off from her recent i-D mag editorial or the Vogue cover …. don’t know what this says about her at all

I wish she would retire her vogue us editorial was terrible her ID mag editorial was even worst and this just put the cherry on an already hideous cake while Gigi never looked like a model she at best looked like a beautiful girl and she doesn’t even have that anymore,all the talent in that family was given to Bella,Gigi has officially lost any spark she’s ever had

what is that last shot in the black suit.. was the intent to make her look commanding or.. Lindbergh-esque lol? cause she looks like a 20 year old Geico agent who calls himself an entrepreneur and wishes he wasn't 5'1 and 110 lbs so he dresses for all of that.

That's so evocative... :rofl::rofl::rofl: The 'boy' pics are flat-out bad, the entire look as well as how she models it. I think her rounder face is cute too, though not as photogenic. Maybe someone with energy or skill could transcend that a little, but that's just not her, especially when the styling is working so hard against her.

Boring cover and editorial. The styling is so poor.

All right this is bad, but Gigi (and even Collier) can do so much better than this. Just lazy all around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->