INTO THE LIGHT
Photography:
Annemarieke van Drimmelen
Styling: Ludivine Poiblanc
Hair: Pawel Solis
Make-up: Vanessa Bellini
Model: Anna Ewers

Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

Love Anna editorial, so cinematic. Poiblanc is redeemed herself from that Gigi editorial.

Elin and Ludivine , two protégés of Fabien and Karl, nice job.

Is it just me or has Anna done this same editorial for the last three months in a row? Come As You Are would be nice enough if it were the back of book edit after some stronger ones or a palate cleanser between them but it doesn’t offer much as one of the main editorials of the issue.

Anna Ewers by Annemarieke van Drimmelen is the best story I've seen featured on the pages of American Harper's Bazaar since Precious Lee by Renell Medrano for May 2021, and Julia Nobis by Daniel Jackson from the same issue.

Annemarieke and Ludivine seem to be shaping up to be a good snapper-stylist combo (like back in the day) and the story with Anna is lovely; definitely one of the few strong editorials Samira has produced under her tenure. I do agree that Anna has been cast in a lot of similar editorials stylistically though, and I would also appreciate some flourishes like touches of jewellery to liven up the looks, especially as Ludivine is pretty strong in this area (taking after Karl). Minimal doesn't have to mean monotone or boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->